OzSTS STS spray for making fem seed

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
A917A5BC-EE7A-42F2-A2FC-D854EE948FAC.jpeg389DAB34-4115-4545-BA53-31A077C91423.jpeg
Ok… so I have been using Coloidial silver up until now but going to try this…
I was expecting to spray once but as directios say…. Spray every 3-5 days from flower initiation until male flowers set…. ???

I guess its a weak mix ?
Can anyone tell me their experience with the OZsts stuff ?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
View attachment 37860View attachment 37861
I was expecting to spray once but as directios say…. Spray every 3-5 days from flower initiation until male flowers set…. ???

I guess its a weak mix ?
Yeah it looks weak. I ordered both silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate separately and made my own stock solutions with RO water which will last way longer and way cheaper also. My stock solutions are watered down 5ml of each to 100ml of RO water. That stuff will work fine though may just need to spray more?? I think the 'spray until runoff' is a bit exaggerated (maybe they just want you to run out quicker). I would just do 1 or a few branches (not soak the whole plant), silver nitrate can burn the plants too so it's hard to say how much to use, still I doubt it will burn your plants. Don't forget to wrap your spray bottle with aluminium foil and store in the fridge, lasts way longer that way as light exposure will make it go bad quicker.

Last edited:

Pixie

Baked
User ID
View attachment 37860View attachment 37861

I guess its a weak mix ?
No only once. 15 ml of each and 70 ml of water. That's what Gazza said and he had no problems. 👍

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
The pest is here ;)

Can someone please explain to me wtf you are doing with a foliage spray on a plant :confused:

Because i am lost and would like to have an understanding of what it is you are achieving ? (y)

Just to whack in me Back Pack 😉 of knowledge 😌

and it sounds cool 🤓

benn0

Baked
User ID
The pest is here ;)

Can someone please explain to me wtf you are doing with a foliage spray on a plant :confused:

Because i am lost and would like to have an understanding of what it is you are achieving ? (y)

and it sounds cool 🤓
Foliar spray is meant to be an "atomized" solution applied to leaves, uptake is quick via this route. For example if applying ammonium/potassium/calcium nitrate it will be taken into the plants system much quicker than applying it to the soil/roots.
Some solutions can only be applied to the foliage via foliar, likely this (silver thiosulfate) solution because it isnt a salt that can be uptaken via the roots, same deal when using fungicides/pesticides they only work if applied to the foliage, thus the name foliar

I'm wayy to high to be explaining this shit, hopefully it makes sense

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
The pest is here ;)

and it sounds cool 🤓
It's to stress the plant into throwing banana's which will throw female pollen, making feminized seeds, any fem seed you get is pretty much made by this method (although there's other ways of doing). Silver disrupts plant hormones and makes it a hermaphrodite

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Foliar spray is meant to be an "atomized" solution applied to leaves, uptake is quick via this route. For example if applying ammonium/potassium/calcium nitrate it will be taken into the plants system much quicker than applying it to the soil/roots.
Some solutions can only be applied to the foliage via foliar, likely this (silver thiosulfate) solution because it isnt a salt that can be uptaken via the roots, same deal when using fungicides/pesticides they only work if applied to the foliage, thus the name foliar

I'm wayy to high to be explaining this shit, hopefully it makes sense
yo Benno that was perfect for my brains capacity so cheers.

man I'm smashed too so bare with me eh..is the foliar spray mentioned above , is it bulking the flower up during the flowering period.
the silver stuff, should i get some and start using it, will it work with GP dual fuel and stuffs !

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
It's to stress the plant into throwing banana's which will throw female pollen, making feminized seeds, any fem seed you get is pretty much made by this method (although there's other ways of doing). Silver disrupts plant hormones and makes it a hermaphrodite
GG you understood my questions (y)
I'm hoping so because you just answered more than 4 question rite there in real engelisho. 🤓

benn0

Baked
User ID

man I'm smashed too so bare with me eh..is the foliar spray mentioned above , is it bulking the flower up during the flowering period.
the silver stuff, should i get some and start using it, will it work with GP dual fuel and stuffs !
I dunno what this stuff does exactly lol, its for making female/feminized seeds by making the plant turn hermaphrodite and instead of producing female flowers it produces male flowers with pollen, but because the plant is female it doesn't actually have the male chromosones to pass on to the seed thus the seed it does make is only carrying female chromosones

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
I dunno what this stuff does exactly lol, its for making female/feminized seeds by making the plant turn hermaphrodite and instead of producing female flowers it produces male flowers with pollen, but because the plant is female it doesn't actually have the male chromosones to pass on to the seed thus the seed it does make is only carrying female chromosones
ok since i last tiped ive smoked 2 more cones of some really nice bush from a mate , i think that after reading that i need to be in a

far better state than i am now.:D

if im understanding what your saying about the STUFF there is a huge opportunity rite there in this country to become a very reputable outfit where the sky is the limit.
But i could be wrong who knows

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID

Don't use it. It is not a nutrient. It is only used if your reversing plants. The idea of reversing a plant is to get pollen which can be used to make female seeds or other breeding practises.
Any branch that you spray is not smokeable and is dangerous to smoke/vape/eat.

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Don't use it. It is not a nutrient. It is only used if your reversing plants. The idea of reversing a plant is to get pollen which can be used to make female seeds or other breeding practises.
Any branch that you spray is not smokeable and is dangerous to smoke/vape/eat.
DONE

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
No only once. 15 ml of each and 70 ml of water. That's what Gazza said and he had no problems. 👍
@Gazza How did it go fella ?

1, At what stage do I spray autos?

2, How much spray ? Quantity and frequency…

3, Where on plant ?

4, How long does the mixed stuff last in fridge ?

5, And how would you know if its “gone bad” apart from a failed feming..?

Thats what I need to know now…
Others in future might search and find this info useful too..

Thanks for the heads ip Pixie.
Glad I can just spray once…

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
absolutely bro , sorry I'm not the best communicator on a keyboard just ask the critics :D
Ask as many questions as you want. We are all here to learn and share experiences. Even the critics may have something useful to share.
This hobby is a constant learning curve which never ends.
I am still after the perfect grow, but with so many environment variables it is hard to achieve.
I would like to have my indoor autumn and spring grow equal my winter grow, in quality, yield and plant health. To me, being able to grow equally well indoors/outdoors in all 4 seasons is my goal so am always still learning each seasonal grow.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
@Gazza How did it go fella ?

1, At what stage do I spray autos?

2, How much spray ? Quantity and frequency…

3, Where on plant ?

4, How long does the mixed stuff last in fridge ?

5, And how would you know if its “gone bad” apart from a failed feming..?

Thats what I need to know now…
Others in future might search and find this info useful too..

Thanks for the heads ip Pixie.
Glad I can just spray once…
Spray fem donor just before you switch to 12/12.

I mix up 100ml batch and spray the lot over plant, need to cover the medium so you don’t contaminate it

Not sure how long it lasts in fridge as I don’t have any left over after I spray.

It’s pretty much fool proof, don’t take long for the boy bits to develop, then u wait it out until seeds produce.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
STS doesn't stress the plant, if applied at correct rate. It simply inhibits ethylene production

Top Bottom