Need help selecting Grow Tent and light.

User ID
Depending on how exposed to elements that area is. A length of 15cm ducting in L shape with some fly screen covering for bugs, might be an option. Or a custom baffle, timber box with 2 louvres.
You need negative pressure in your tent for the carbon filter to work. If you have an inlet fan your outlet fan will need to be twice the size so the only air that exits the tent goes through the filter. Like fox said just run the ducting on the bottom and put a few bends in it which is what you would have to do anyway. You prob now but make sure the outlet fan draws through the filter then exit not try and push ot through they don't work as good
This is exactly what im going to do then :) Just put some mesh over the ducting and do a S bend to stop light coming at the bottom
Didn't know about the negative air pressure with the carbon filters and yeah i plan on having
Carbon filter > Inline 4inch fan > Ducting out.
<3 you guys cheers for the help i would of bought 2 fans before knowing this :D

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
User ID
Dude at the shop sold me a 150x500 Carbon filter 800MH , This thing is to fucking heavy to hang in my tent, For now ive had to just sit it in the corner with a straight duct up to the roof.
Is this over kill for my 1.2x1.2x2 Tent ??

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Nah, I'd say it's a good size for a 4x4 IMHO. That's really surprising that it's too heavy, how heavy is it? The FiltaRoo 150x500mm I use in my 4x4 only weighs 5KG and does a great job.

User ID
Nah, I'd say it's a good size for a 4x4 IMHO. That's really surprising that it's too heavy, how heavy is it? The FiltaRoo 150x500mm I use in my 4x4 only weighs 5KG and does a great job.
prob about 5kg but my tent is kinda flimsy, think ill have to add supports if im going to hang it from the roof
guess it will do for now until i manage to get spend a bit more time figuring out
The fan is 3KG so there is 8kg from 1 bar

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Yeah, last thing you want is it snapping a pole if the frame isn't up to it. It should still work fine in the corner though if that's you're only option. Better to vent the hot air from the top of the tent though imo :confused:

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Dude at the shop sold me a 150x500 Carbon filter 800MH , This thing is to fucking heavy to hang in my tent, For now ive had to just sit it in the corner with a straight duct up to the roof.
Is this over kill for my 1.2x1.2x2 Tent ??
I run 2 of those in my 2.4 × 1.2 they hang but it's awkward by yourself. I run them for ages like you have I had one in each corner

User ID
Yeah, last thing you want is it snapping a pole if the frame isn't up to it. It should still work fine in the corner though if that's you're only option. Better to vent the hot air from the top of the tent though imo :confused:
yeah i know its not ideal, guess it will do for now........im going to have a Fan in the top corner pointing downwards to try mitigate the heat rising and getting trapped up the top.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
yeah i know its not ideal, guess it will do for now........im going to have a Fan in the top corner pointing downwards to try mitigate the heat rising and getting trapped up the top.
you can also exhaust out the bottom and inlet in the top that will fix that problem too

User ID
Does anyone here grow with living soil in a hydro? I been growing with my own soil for so long i wouldn't know how to work a traditional hydroponics.

Another question, I am currently growing a Super Auto which Ive grown outdoors before would it be ok to fluctuate the lighting schedule ? I have free Electricity from 6pm to 6am (time Ive designated for 12/12)
and Free electricity all weekend so could i run the light 24/0 on the weekend and the revert back to 12/12 during the week
Would that have a negative effect on the plant ?

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Does anyone here grow with living soil in a hydro? I been growing with my own soil for so long i wouldn't know how to work a traditional hydroponics.

Another question, I am currently growing a Super Auto which Ive grown outdoors before would it be ok to fluctuate the lighting schedule ? I have free Electricity from 6pm to 6am (time Ive designated for 12/12)
and Free electricity all weekend so could i run the light 24/0 on the weekend and the revert back to 12/12 during the week
Would that have a negative effect on the plant ?
I wouldn’t do that with the lights.
I’m no indoor grower but I can’t see that would be good.
Better off splurging for a couple of hours extra power each day and keep weekend the same as weekdays.
When ready to flower then 12/12

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
agree with @Harry bootlace
don't mess with your lighting , if you do some searching you'll find a few things about playing with light schedules
but i think you should think of it in terms of sunlight outdoors , days are either incrementally getting longer or shorter unless you live on the poles , plants evolved under sunlight , best to stick with it , unfortunately growing indoors has many costs

i'm also with @Hudo , what does " living soil in a hydro " mean

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I think it would depend what stage the plants are at. Mine were in flower and I forgot to switch the timer on and they went 36 hours on straight . Didn't bother em. Not that i could tell

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Why should it matter when an auto is not photosensitive?

you should be able to give it 24/24 all the time ,,or anything in between ..but longer light hours should give you better yield

User ID
What do you mean living soil in a hydro? Do you mean living soil under lights?
i'm also with @Hudo , what does " living soil in a hydro " mean
I guess i mean, soil from my yard that's relatively active with life (worms and such) I am using roughly 60% composted soil with the rest being perlite and worm castings with a little dolomite lime.
Been using it outdoors for a while.
Why should it matter when an auto is not photosensitive?

you should be able to give it 24/24 all the time ,,or anything in between ..but longer light hours should give you better yield
Its still a seedling, I was just thinking i could get some more growth on the weekends by running the lights 24/0 for a couple days but maybe its not the best i idea maybe it could be stressful.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
yep sedge was actually reading unlike myself , sorry @Bigfoot
although the photo-period grower in me still thinks the stress of light changing regularly could cause plant stress , it is an auto & intuition says it shouldn't matter , in saying that i'd still stick with being consistent at whatever hours i start with

you can def use that kind of soil indoors , i would make sure 1/3 of the mix was aeration & i think larger volumes of soil are much better than small pots , 50lt should be minimum imo , even bigger would be better , moisture is the killer in soil indoors , very easy to over do it , if you can leave a little space in the container for top dressing & top dress castings a week before you flip & again about half way through flower would benefit your final product , homemade castings would be better than brought

Top Bottom