Need help selecting Grow Tent and light.

User ID
I ended up getting a 600watt digital Ballast and a 600 watt HPS globe in a 1.2 x 1.2 Tent
Total cost me like $350
I plan on running the light from 6pm to 6am. (Night time) Coming into winter is the heat from the Light going to be enough to keep the tent around 20deg ?
The tent is outside under a carport.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I ended up getting a 600watt digital Ballast and a 600 watt HPS globe in a 1.2 x 1.2 Tent
Total cost me like $350
I plan on running the light from 6pm to 6am. (Night time) Coming into winter is the heat from the Light going to be enough to keep the tent around 20deg ?
Where are you in Australia?
Qld yeah probably. I'm in southern NSW and now way!
Mexico not a chance!!

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Total cost me like $350
I know fuck all about HPS
You will need good exhaust
And fans , I'm sure you have that sorted,you will just have to get it under it and go for it.

Peace ✌️

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Total cost me like $350

Best choice when the budget is fucked. Dunno about erecting in the carport outside though. I guess if no one spots it you might be fine, lol.

Also, a 600w is going to generate a lot of heat quickly in a 1.2m tent. Hope you got something to suck that out for you.

Stiritup420

Vegetating
User ID
You can probably get away with it no problem in winter at night as long as you have enough air exchange as it should be pretty cold outside air. A cooltube HPS would have been a good idea but yeah you will need two inline fans for air exchange.

User ID
I know fuck all about HPS
You will need good exhaust
And fans , I'm sure you have that sorted,you will just have to get it under it and go for it.

Peace ✌️
Yeah i haven't got fans yet, i am just using the tent at the moment to dry my outdoor Grand daddy purple getting fans sorted later this week
You can probably get away with it no problem in winter at night as long as you have enough air exchange as it should be pretty cold outside air. A cooltube HPS would have been a good idea but yeah you will need two inline fans for air exchange.
Two inline fans ? So one pushing air in and other pushing air out ?

Stiritup420

Vegetating
User ID
Yeah i haven't got fans yet, i am just using the tent at the moment to dry my outdoor Grand daddy purple getting fans sorted later this week

Two inline fans ? So one pushing air in and other pushing air out ?
Yes, one exhaust at the top probably 6 inch and an intake at the bottom of 4 inch.. Another option you could try is just passive intake at the bottom with some 4 inch duct. I was thinking if it's a carport tent you don't want any light leaking but intake fan would be best option. You need a oscillating fan also to give air flow onto the plants. If you are worried about smell you also need a filter to go on your exhaust fan.

Also have to be careful with cheap tents, does it have a brand? I have bought some that have so many pin holes they light up like a xmas tree when shut.

User ID
Yes, one exhaust at the top probably 6 inch and an intake at the bottom of 4 inch.. Another option you could try is just passive intake at the bottom with some 4 inch duct. I was thinking if it's a carport tent you don't want any light leaking but intake fan would be best option. You need a oscillating fan also to give air flow onto the plants. If you are worried about smell you also need a filter to go on your exhaust fan.

Also have to be careful with cheap tents, does it have a brand? I have bought some that have so many pin holes they light up like a xmas tree when shut.
Yeah i am definatly going to need a carbon filter and i know they arent very cheap, Got an oscillating fan sorted i think the tent is just some generic brand "Jungle Room" i haven't powered a light on inside yet to see if it leaks , but standing inside it with it closed i can't see any ambient light getting in.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
When you replace the lamp Hortivision do a retro 600 CMH lamp that run on HPS ballasts that will perform heaps better than the HPS. I done one of each a couple grows back and the CMH side was heavier and more compact than the HPS side. There full spectrum so you can also veg under them

Budbubbla

Vegetating
User ID
When you replace the lamp Hortivision do a retro 600 CMH lamp that run on HPS ballasts that will perform heaps better than the HPS. I done one of each a couple grows back and the CMH side was heavier and more compact than the HPS side. There full spectrum so you can also veg under them

do they run on both digital and magnetic ballasts mate?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Not sure it does say in the description any 600 watt ballast. I'd fuck the magnetic one off anyway you can get digital for stuff all these days
I've seen em for 50 bucks second hand
My local hydro shop has brand new ones for $130!
Cunt tried to sell me one years ago when I was setting up me indoor stuff!!
I just laughed in his face!! 🤣

We went to school together!! 🤣

Hudo

Baked
User ID
My local hydro shop has brand new ones for $130!
Cunt tried to sell me one years ago when I was setting up me indoor stuff!!
I just laughed in his face!! 🤣

We went to school together!! 🤣
Your thinking of the 315 and the 630 cmh these haven't been out long there made to run off your hps gear so you don't have to get new ballasts etc like you do with the 315 and 630 the 630 usually are just 2× 315 facing each other but they also make a 630 double ender and a 945 double ender

User ID
I have everything set up but the Inline fans and i was thinking im going to have 1 inline bringing in cold air from the bottom, and have a Carbon filter attached to a inline exhausting in the top
Is this a good idea or should the Carbon filter be separated from the inline exhausting out , like have its own exhaust ??

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I have everything set up but the Inline fans and i was thinking im going to have 1 inline bringing in cold air from the bottom, and have a Carbon filter attached to a inline exhausting in the top
Is this a good idea or should the Carbon filter be separated from the inline exhausting out , like have its own exhaust ??
You don't usually need an intake fan from the bottom. Passive air opening is enough unless you have a very large or odd shaped grow space. Carbon filter ( if smell is an issue) into the exhaust fan out the top is most commonly used.

User ID
You don't usually need an intake fan from the bottom. Passive air opening is enough unless you have a very large or odd shaped grow space. Carbon filter ( if smell is an issue) into the exhaust fan out the top is most commonly used.
I cant have a passive air opening because my tent is outside and the light is going to be run through the night 6pm - 6am because my electricity is free in that time period.
So during the daytime which is the plants nighttime light would get in.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I cant have a passive air opening because my tent is outside and the light is going to be run through the night 6pm - 6am because my electricity is free in that time period.
So during the daytime which is the plants nighttime light would get in.
Depending on how exposed to elements that area is. A length of 15cm ducting in L shape with some fly screen covering for bugs, might be an option. Or a custom baffle, timber box with 2 louvres.

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Depending on how exposed to elements that area is. A length of 15cm ducting in L shape with some fly screen covering for bugs, might be an option. Or a custom baffle, timber box with 2 louvres.
Wow that's cool runnings
Timber box with louvers , you just made my day man cheers 👍

Hudo

Baked
User ID
You need negative pressure in your tent for the carbon filter to work. If you have an inlet fan your outlet fan will need to be twice the size so the only air that exits the tent goes through the filter. Like fox said just run the ducting on the bottom and put a few bends in it which is what you would have to do anyway. You prob now but make sure the outlet fan draws through the filter then exit not try and push ot through they don't work as good

Top Bottom