Need help selecting Grow Tent and light.

User ID
Hey TSE lads.

Want to get a grow tent going to fill the gaps in the outdoor seasons but have no idea where to start 🤷‍♂️
Need something Relatively cheap just for 1 plant, thinking like a 150x150x200 around those dimensions
I would prefer to spend most my money on a LED that has all the spectrum

Would love to hear you recommendations, as this is complete new field for me.
Appreciate any replies much love.,

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Hey TSE lads.

Want to get a grow tent going to fill the gaps in the outdoor seasons but have no idea where to start 🤷‍♂️
Need something Relatively cheap just for 1 plant, thinking like a 150x150x200 around those dimensions

150 X 150 is a large space.Not sure you would want to grow just 1 plant in there. Maybe look at a 90 X 90 cm option, which better suited to 1 large plant.

ThaliaGreen

Vegetating
User ID
So what I did was buy one of those spider farmer kits on amazon.

I highly recommend you DON'T do that as they're not very good.

Some of the tents stitching ripped as I was putting it together, it's really weak and I had to tape it all up to make sure no light would leak through, and of course I'm just waiting until the light sets my garage on fire while I'm asleep. I really wish I'd joined here before I bought, so I would have known better, but can't change the past.

User ID
So what I did was buy one of those spider farmer kits on amazon.

I highly recommend you DON'T do that as they're not very good.

Some of the tents stitching ripped as I was putting it together, it's really weak and I had to tape it all up to make sure no light would leak through, and of course I'm just waiting until the light sets my garage on fire while I'm asleep. I really wish I'd joined here before I bought, so I would have known better, but can't change the past.
Yeah this is the sort of thing i wan't to avoid kits always seem like gimmicks to me unless you are paying top money
For 1 plant, HLG Blackwing looks fair value. Full coverage in veg, and cover most of the area in flowering.
Sweet as, Had a look $400 bux seems a reasonable price

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
What's the overall budget?
Yeah that was about to my next question!!
All I would say is that a quality light is the most important piece of the indoor grow requirements for growing and for safety!!
Stick to the reputable brands only is my opinion as all of them will be fairly similar on specs and price!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Hey TSE lads.

150 X 150 is a large space.Not sure you would want to grow just 1 plant in there. Maybe look at a 90 X 90 cm option, which better suited to 1 large plant.
As for size I'd go 1.2x1.2x2 as you could do anywhere from 1 to 4 plants easily!!
If ya go smaller it's really just 1 plant at a time unless ya keep em very small!!

User ID
As for size I'd go 1.2x1.2x2 as you could do anywhere from 1 to 4 plants easily!!
If ya go smaller it's really just 1 plant at a time unless ya keep em very small!!
Yeah im tempted to go 1.2x1.2 What would be the smallest LED light i could buy to fully cover the whole area with the minimal dropoff in intensity

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yeah im tempted to go 1.2x1.2 What would be the smallest LED light i could buy to fully cover the whole area with the minimal dropoff in intensity
I'm looking at these for my next lights!
Maybe a bit to much blue in the spectrum? Maybe not?

Top Bottom