Mr nice Auctions

Topgun

Blooming
User ID
Mr Nice Auctions are outstanding value and have excellent genetics. None of this feminized, bottlenecked rubbish flooding the market at the moment.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Tugboat

Vegetating
User ID
Mr Nice Auctions are outstanding value and have excellent genetics. None of this feminized, bottlenecked rubbish flooding the market at the moment.
Have you purchased recently via the auction TG? I’m tempted to grab some Medicine Man hoping they get through to Aus successfully over Xmas crush

Topgun

Blooming
User ID
Have you purchased recently via the auction TG? I’m tempted to grab some Medicine Man hoping they get through to Aus successfully over Xmas crush
It's been over a year but three from three so far and no real need to order again. You can't go wrong with Mr Nice in my opinion. Still searching through a packet of Medicine Man, so far Black Widow was the better of the two but I have only done a few of each. Medicine Man I have heard is excellent for preparations like oil and tinctures. I love Critical Mass the most of the Indicas so far but I have alot of strains I have not tried yet. Mango Haze has definite keepers for daytime smoke.

Last edited:

Topgun

Blooming
User ID
@Sedge ILGM or any of the other colloidal silver sprayers who get their genetics from places like Mr Nice then select a female (not necessarily the best one), then self-it and call that the same strain as what they purchased and charge insane amounts of money for doing fuck all. I'll stick with a real breeder who gives me real genetic diversity.

@Old fox I am suprised you don't see value in the males as well. Perhaps you prefer somebody else to do your selections for you because with feminized seed there is no selecting to be done. They are all the same. Variety is where it's at imo. Breeding F2's is also a way to find special plants. Spraying crap on your plants and stressing them is a way to make money not further the genetics of the cannabis plant.

Believe in good. Peace.

Last edited:

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
@Sedge ILGM or any of the other colloidal silver sprayers who get their genetics from places like Mr Nice then select a female (not necessarily the best one), then self-it and call that the same strain as what they purchased and charge insane amounts of money for doing fuck all. I'll stick with a real breeder who gives me real genetic diversity.

@Old fox My father used to make seat covers out of fox skins. I still have one. Not sure what your reference to smoking meth is about though, all I can say is, whatever dude. I am suprised you don't see value in the males as well. Perhaps you prefer somebody else to do your selections for you because with feminized seed there is no selecting to be done. They are all the same. Variety is where it's at friend. Breeding F2's is also a way to find special plants. Spraying crap on your plants and stressing them is a way to make money not further the genetics of the cannabis plant.

Believe in good. Peace.
It's nearly 2023......but sure, horse and cart is still an acceptable method of transport. Large scale breeders (legal) of FEMS literally have selections of a thousand or more from phenos from each strain. So you say they're not selecting the best phenos .......they must just be growing out thousands of phenos for fun. 😜 A female pollinated by a reversed strain has not been sprayed with anything. But hey, you've got a cool story, don't let facts get in the way of it.

Topgun

Blooming
User ID
@Old fox In your example half of the genetics have been stressed. You cannot reverse anything without stress on the plant. The plant is saying shit I am about to die.
I understand I am in a minority with my views, but that doesn't make me wrong.
If you think feminized seeds are a step forward then you best get on the board of Monsanto.
Giving up the means to make regular seeds (naturally) is an oversight for the sake of convenience.
If you think you can do better than nature by stressing your plants then more power to you.
But for someone who is backward, I sure know a lot about breeding cannabis.
I realized quite a while ago that regular seeds empower me.
Feminized seeds made me a slave.
I never have to buy another seed again.
I also have most of the genetics that these large scale breeders used to find their feminized plants from. Because originally it comes from Nevil and Shanti.
ILGM et al do not grow out thousands of plants. They grow out a pack of seeds sometimes multiple packs from reputable breeders like Mr Nice and then do their money-spinning thing.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
@Old fox In your example half of the genetics have been stressed. You cannot reverse anything without stress on the plant. The plant is saying shit I am about to die.
If you think feminized seeds are a step forward then you best get on the board of Monsanto.
Giving up the means to make regular seeds (naturally) is an oversight for the sake of convenience.
If you think you can do better than nature by stressing your plants then more power to you.
I also have most of the genetics that these large scale breeders used to find their feminized plants from. Because originally it comes from Nevil and Shanti.
ILGM et al do not grow out thousands of plants. They grow out a pack of seeds sometimes multiple packs from reputable breeders like Mr Nice and then do their money-spinning thing.
You're growing Mediseedman seeds and preaching genetics. Lol.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Monsanto doesn’t exist anymore.

Not all fems are stress induced, hormone manipulation is not directly stressful to the plant. You can stress a plant to make those hormonal changes itself or we can antogonise their production without stress.

Fem beans can still have a very wide genetic/phenotype range even a reversed seed. In fact reversing a plant onto itself is one of the better ways to breed for keeping recessive traits and getting them to become more dominant

It’s easy to get back to a reg line from a fem line. In fact the best males according to Neville where incredibly weak/recessive genetically so the progeny express mostly towards the females genetics.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Basically what I was going to say …

actually this nonsense spewing breeding expert wanna be sounds like one or two past members that I don’t need to name ..
Yep, I immediately recognised the "old cock" language. 🤣🤣 Replace Ace with Mr Nice in the text , and our egotistical friend is back (with his 17th pseudonym and $7 each F1's). Yawn.

Topgun

Blooming
User ID
Monsanto doesn’t exist anymore.

Not all fems are stress induced, hormone manipulation is not directly stressful to the plant. You can stress a plant to make those hormonal changes itself or we can antogonise their production without stress.

Fem beans can still have a very wide genetic/phenotype range even a reversed seed. In fact reversing a plant onto itself is one of the better ways to breed for keeping recessive traits and getting them to become more dominant

It’s easy to get back to a reg line from a fem line. In fact the best males according to Neville where incredibly weak/recessive genetically so the progeny express mostly towards the females genetics.

Most of what you have to say here is incorrect as well.
Feminized seeds are like clones, there is no phenotypic variation at all.
They are also all female and more than likely will hermie on you if you so much as look sideways at them, a bit like sly fox and drudge.
Not saying those seeds are bad if the final result is good enough to make up for the fact that you just seeded your whole flowering room.
So, moving on, getting back to a regular seed, would involve finding a male from somewhere.
You cannot produce a male plant from feminized seed
A feminized seed is reversed seed.
You're not doing badly but you should stop listening to some of the people on this forum.
By spraying colloidal silver on your plants you are depriving them of ethylene as I understand
it and the plant needs ethylene to produce female flowers.
Because the nighttime length is telling it to flower it produces male flowers instead.
That, I am sorry to say, is stressing the plant.

On another note, can't you just imagine the members of the firing squad around here all analyzing my posts to look for similarities between mine and the infamous El Paco.
Itchy trigger fingers on this lot.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when at first we start to deceive - Scott

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Feminized seeds are like clones, there is no phenotypic variation at all.
Wrong. Even selfed fem seeds where both the donor and mother is the same
Plant you get phenotype variations including the emergence of recessive traits present but not visible within the original. How wide this pheno variance is is entirely dependant on how inbred and close to a tbl the original is.

Topgun

Blooming
User ID
I was wrong there @R3za92 on that point.

You do lose hybrid vigor though and there is the hermie thing.

It's a personal decision, so each to their own.

I use regulars because I like the selection process.
I also enjoy making seeds and doing things naturally for myself.

I have grown many feminized seeds and the variation in them is nothing like the variation in a pack of good regular seeds made by somebody that knows what they are doing.
Not even close, and the results of the feminized seeds seem dull in comparison.

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
I

I know you got done for importing seeds many years ago K9. But I think times have now changed. 5 of my O/s orders have gone missing in last 4 months. Nearly 200 seeds I presume with Aus customs. I've moved anything potentially incriminating temporarily to a mates house, but I'm not
expecting a knock at the door - just being careful. I'll start buying from O/S again with the Xmas postal rush
Always get seeds sent elsewhere for that reason, never grow house.

That said, would appear nowadays that if they get intercepted that’s it, you lose them, but no further action “seems”to be taken.

Top Bottom