Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Just got another bank statement today ,,
Has Serrated Edge each month since January.

Mod

Administrator
Staff member
User ID
Thanks everyone. I'll look into why neither stripe of Xenforo are honouring the chosen statement identifier that is set.

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Just to confuse things. I paid 6 months about a week ago and came up 'rsl donation'

benn0

Baked
User ID
Just to confuse things. I paid 6 months about a week ago and came up 'rsl donation'
Just to add more to the confusion, I believe when I paid manually it came up as rsl donation but when i switched over to monthly payments it said serrated edge

Mod

Administrator
Staff member
User ID
https://support.stripe.com/question...tors-that-don-t-match-what-i-ve-set-in-stripe
It looks like some banks decide not to honour the descriptions that are set. Sadly, there is nothing that we can do about that. It's not like we're gonna approach each bank and ask them to update the description to something that it clearly isnt...

As to why it doesn't seem to be an issue on once off payments, I can only speculate that the bank sees that it is not a recurring payment and decideds to roll with it.

Anyone in the banking industry in here that can weigh in on this?

MoFo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
https://support.stripe.com/question...tors-that-don-t-match-what-i-ve-set-in-stripe
It looks like some banks decide not to honour the descriptions that are set. Sadly, there is nothing that we can do about that. It's not like we're gonna approach each bank and ask them to update the description to something that it clearly isnt...

As to why it doesn't seem to be an issue on once off payments, I can only speculate that the bank sees that it is not a recurring payment and decideds to roll with it.

Anyone in the banking industry in here that can weigh in on this?
Having not seen the description on the recipients statement I could only imagine that a recurring financial agreement between the financial institution and the acquiring business was set by the acquiring business (stripe) and isn't initiated via the api.
It would require some work and I don't think stripe would like to initiate work between the financial partners just to change a description. Could be costly. I'll ask around and see why a recurring payment would be set differently when I'm back at work next week

benn0

Baked
User ID
Having not seen the description on the recipients statement I could only imagine that a recurring financial agreement between the financial institution and the acquiring business was set by the acquiring business (stripe) and isn't initiated via the api.
It would require some work and I don't think stripe would like to initiate work between the financial partners just to change a description. Could be costly. I'll ask around and see why a recurring payment would be set differently when I'm back at work next week
Wont pretend to understand any of that lol

MoFo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Hi, so I did ask around and there was a bit of head scratching, especially from those that assist in setting up clients for transactional dealings. (Connex developers and a FIS manager)
Ultimately, they all seemed to agree that single use payments were different to the scheduled regular payment methods. Quote "banks don't remember every description they receive. Easier to link to acquirer. "
From looking at payment descriptions from my workplace and the value they place in database management, I could not see where customers input for a description would be of any value when storing on dB disk space.

Sorry it's not a confirmation of why description is changed.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Hi, so I did ask around and there was a bit of head scratching, especially from those that assist in setting up clients for transactional dealings. (Connex developers and a FIS manager)
Ultimately, they all seemed to agree that single use payments were different to the scheduled regular payment methods. Quote "banks don't remember every description they receive. Easier to link to acquirer. "
From looking at payment descriptions from my workplace and the value they place in database management, I could not see where customers input for a description would be of any value when storing on dB disk space.

Sorry it's not a confirmation of why description is changed.
They made over 7 billion each last year they can do what ever they fucking please!! 🤔

Top Bottom