Medical Cannabis product reviews

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I got my scripts renewed today with my GP. Turned into a bit of a fuck around at the pharmacy but got it all sorted. I was quite agitated the past week and today threw me - as part of my prescription, I now have some CBD only flower.

I got a bag of Kind Medical Sol 16% CBD, and had two vapes of that and I feel so relaxed now. Physically really calm, my mind is crystal clear too. It is a really strange combination - maybe this is how 'normal' people feel? It's so different to the 1:1 Huon I've been using where I can't quite tell the effect of CBD as it's mixed. It was such a relief having that when I first started, but having the higher dose of straight CBD really hits the spot. Hopefully this'll help me moderate THC usage also.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
maybe this is how 'normal' people feel?
What on earth are these things you call 'normal' people? We've all got our quirks. Don't think I've ever been called 'Normal' :ROFLMAO: :eek:
That 'normal' that YOU feel could have a differing effect on another. I have both high THC and high CBD smokes here along with a couple of more balanced buds and I 'mix'n'match' to meet my needs.

There is a thing called 'The Entourage Effect' in really basic terms it's the effect of each cannabinoid and flavonoid on each other and the overall effect on us. For example for some people too much THC can multiply the paranoia levels to extreme, the combination of CBD can have a calming effect on THC reaction. There are many differing '...noids' in weed and they can all have an effect on each other.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
What on earth are these things you call 'normal' people?

There are many differing '...noids' in weed and they can all have an effect on each other.
Haha fair call - I'm not sure what normal is, but to feel both calm and clear is a combo entirely foreign to me I'm afraid. It felt great and is lingering a few hours on (now dosing in a little THC though). My old man said before he died "our lot are not fucking common. yeah! that's what we are. not fucking common". Having a combo of stuff on hand now is magnificent. I'm hoping I can titrate and dial in things more for myself now.

Absolutely on the second count - I'm chasing mixed profile stuff now. I've got some seeds with CBD-V/THC-V and CBG to grow at some stage to really mix things up and experiment. It annoys me that so much product coming to MC market is just stock high THC stuff so I'll just have to do it myself!

Oh and funnily enough, my GP suggested I should grow to supplement things and keep costs under control... what a legend, I feel like it's working out so far :cool: 🌿 🖖

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
I'm hoping I can titrate and dial in things more for myself now.
Often 'dialling it in' can be a case of trial and error, just to figure out what works best for YOU. Others are sure to have an opinion, they always do, but it's not about them. It's about working it out for yourself.
my GP suggested I should grow to supplement things and keep costs under control...
You can bet your bottom dollar that if you grew and got busted your GP would deny any knowledge of making such a statement with something like 'Your Honour, I do not recall ANY such a conversation...'
It annoys me that so much product coming to MC market is just stock high THC stuff
I think (and this is ONLY my opinion) some medi-users are only 'pseudo' medi-users and not for a genuine medical need. It's the THC that gets you stoned and they like high % THC content. Whereas for genuine medi patients a more balanced product often gives a better medi-benefit but the pharmacies get more sales by also covering the pseudo patients aiming for higher THC content.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Often 'dialling it in' can be a case of trial and error, just to figure out what works best for YOU. Others are sure to have an opinion, they always do, but it's not about them. It's about working it out for yourself.
Absolutely. I've been experimenting for the past 6 months after I was in Amsterdam and got to try a few things. Now having the prescription here, I am really finding a good combination. 24 hours later, and the improvement in my mood from having that dose of CBD yesterday is still going (obviously it's metabolised, but it's put wind back in my sails).

You can bet your bottom dollar that if you grew and got busted your GP would deny any knowledge of making such a statement with something like 'Your Honour, I do not recall ANY such a conversation...'
Of course. I took his blessing but not his authority to approve. He seemed a bit naive about it as he asked me why I wasn't growing like some of his other patients and what was the risk etc. It was then I opened up about my efforts. I just thought it interesting that he mentioned it and thought it a good idea - and was satisfied when I explained I had sourced good seed.

I think (and this is ONLY my opinion) some medi-users are only 'pseudo' medi-users and not for a genuine medical need.
I'm certain this is the case. From what I've seen of people posting on Reddit about their use and scripts - I rarely see people mentioning having any CBD prescribed. I know as we covered in the first point - a very personal matter, but I don't believe the boasters who have several 30%+ tubs on hand are truly in need of that gear. The descriptions of telehealth sessions sound pathetic - and I know as my bro uses Alternaleaf.

In the absence of a proper rec market, I am not against it being a legal pathway for people getting off black market gear. However, this cannot come at the expense of patient care and providing medicine to those in need - and yeah, I think that has happened with the industry. I see 90% of it all as corporate drug dealing and little more. I'm half of the mind to write to the TGA, state and federal health ministers... but that would possible get me in more drama that I need to invite...

Dynaboo

Germinating
User ID
A mild consumer stoner friend has finally become legal he was put on 26% bud straight off the bat to me that’s care factor zero it’s like Hey doc I’ve got a headache here take fentanyl slightly exaggerated

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
A mild consumer stoner friend has finally become legal he was put on 26% bud straight off the bat to me that’s care factor zero it’s like Hey doc I’ve got a headache here take fentanyl slightly exaggerated
A timely article relevant to this was shared on Reddit:

SAW

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Tend to agree Oldfark. All big businesses with money as the priority, while producing a quality product that meets industry? standards is a fantasy. I wonder why the black market persists in enlightened places with dispensaries and legal cultivation such as California.

SAW

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Their history with non-organic agriculture would scare most.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
So doctor blames patients for medicine quality !
What a fucken joke.
Most Aussie canna doctors don't have a clue what good medical cannabis is and where it should come from!
I don't think that is the case. Unless you are subbing 'patient' in for 'customer' in the case of people chasing cannabis through the medical system in the absence of a recreational market. The way many people discuss MC on Reddit (which is specifically mentioned in the article) is pretty wild and for the most part and many people are just seeking access to get stoned.

I respect that she is representing a body of doctors who a in favour of cannabis as medicine - I don't know much about the organisation but take it at face value that they are doing more than the AMA regarding this. As someone who is prescribed <20% THC product, and benefits from CBD and balanced product - it is hard to find options compared to just getting high THC gear which is constantly coming to market. And this is the point of the author.

As I see the current situation; product is being imported or approved and that is a combination of market demand and what the producers are choosing to do. If it were driven by medical demand/doctor directed, it would be the opposite. It will always be commercial intensive that drives production.

TL:DR - to reduce it to 'doctor blames patient for medicine quality' is not the case at all. She wasn't even discussing quality - but specifically the active constituent of the medicine. If you want to discuss quality, fine that is entirely fair and reasonable. But that is a distinctly different discussion

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Had this lying around for months. Just had a try. Never smoked low thc/ balanced Cbd type shit before.
I thought because it was 50/50 you didn’t get stoned. Wrong. Mild but feels nice.
I rarely smoke in the day but this would be fine for me. Maybe I should grow a cbd strain next season.

Edit. Forgot to attach pic

Oops

Attachments

• IMG_1781.jpeg
    IMG_1781.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Had this lying around for months. Just had a try. Never smoked low thc/ balanced Cbd type shit before.
I thought because it was 50/50 you didn’t get stoned. Wrong. Mild but feels nice.
And I think that's a big part of the issue, some people have the idea that only high THC is any good and now we have a market flooded with high THC product. I have a high THC strain, a high CBD strain and a balanced which I mix'n'match to my need. I find it's how they interact with each other that gives me the overall benefit and that's not just THC Vs CBD, but the other cannabinoids too. For some people a bit too much THC can send them badly paranoid. It's the other cannabinoids that help temper those effects.

For me, when trialled the oil, it was OK, but with the oils they separate off the differing components and compounds, then reintroduce into the carrier oil at a set ratios and you often miss out on the benefits from the other cannabinoids/flavonoids. Also some of their processes use heat to extract and this can breakdown some cannabinoids.

Me personally, I get better benefits smoking balanced whole flower ;)

Top Bottom