Making oil - methodology q's

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Hudo

Baked
User ID
2.5g in 100mL of MCT oil, assuming that 2.5g is pure means that a 1mL dose would give roughly 25mg of THC. Which seems like a fairly high dose compared to vaping or what I know of friends who are prescribed oil products. Might need to take only a 0.25mL starting dose to test.
You need to THC% of the oil before you can work out THC % your calcs are just the % of oil to mct. The iso will pull tepenes bit of chlorophyll and other cannabanoid too. Last tincture I made I put 10g oil into I litre and about 10 drops absolutely smashes me you have 1.5 more grams per 100ml I'd say fasten your seatbelt 😆

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Get a screen printing screen from an art suppy shop
Got one via Amazon on the way - saw what the hash makers were doing in the thread linked earlier on the topic. Thinking about construction of the rest of it. I've got plenty of stuff I could use, and 3D printers, but all of it is packed away for the moment. I'll do a bubble hash run first since I have the bags already. I'll be happy if I can get a decent result from that for the material I've got at the moment. Setting up my next run now with two plants, so wont really be looking to do much more until mid year

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Get a screen printing screen from an art suppy shop
Hey Hudo,
If you get it from an arts supply check the microns or thread count.
Here's a bit of a guide for mesh sizes:-

220 micron - Large bulky leaf and ice - Usually waste material, but can still be used for cooking, depending on your skills.
190 micron - Mostly plant matter contanimate such as capitate stalks and cystolith hairs, but still some trichomes.
160 micron - Larger essential oil gland heads that are best for vaporising or cooking with.
120 micron - The first truely consumable product from the bags, the larger bulbous gland heads produce a fine profile every time.
90 micron - Seperates out the bigger gland heads from the 73 micron bag, giving more unique profiles and flavours
73 micron - The money bag - gold coloured for a reason - this bag always traps the nicest glands in the batch, extremly pure.
45 micron - Very high in terpenes and terpenoids.
25 micron - The smallest gland heads in the batch, often very strong flavour, smell and taste, this bag is the last but certainly not the least.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Got one via Amazon on the way - saw what the hash makers were doing in the thread linked earlier on the topic. Thinking about construction of the rest of it. I've got plenty of stuff I could use, and 3D printers, but all of it is packed away for the moment. I'll do a bubble hash run first since I have the bags already. I'll be happy if I can get a decent result from that for the material I've got at the moment. Setting up my next run now with two plants, so wont really be looking to do much more until mid year
Y
Hey Hudo,
If you get it from an arts supply check the microns or thread count.
Here's a bit of a guide for mesh sizes:-

220 micron - Large bulky leaf and ice - Usually waste material, but can still be used for cooking, depending on your skills.
190 micron - Mostly plant matter contanimate such as capitate stalks and cystolith hairs, but still some trichomes.
160 micron - Larger essential oil gland heads that are best for vaporising or cooking with.
120 micron - The first truely consumable product from the bags, the larger bulbous gland heads produce a fine profile every time.
90 micron - Seperates out the bigger gland heads from the 73 micron bag, giving more unique profiles and flavours
73 micron - The money bag - gold coloured for a reason - this bag always traps the nicest glands in the batch, extremly pure.
45 micron - Very high in terpenes and terpenoids.
25 micron - The smallest gland heads in the batch, often very strong flavour, smell and taste, this bag is the last but certainly not the least.
Yeah I've got bubble bags the screen printing screen is for dry sifting I just have a 190 micron. Sift straight onto an old mirror and then decarb and make tincture.99% of the time I use the bubble bags because it's easier

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I’ve made QWISOL, bubble hash and dry sift, I’ll probably only do dry sift from now on.
It’s to me the easiest and gets the best results all round.
QWISOL was very strong though.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
I'm the same Harry. I've made bubble, qwiso even got some OP Rum tincture I made. But dry sift is easier, cleaner and IMHO, better.

Top Bottom