Local (weed) drought ????

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Usually a non issue with myself either. But just got smashed by the heat last year 'n just couldn't get anything past a month old before going arse up with heat stress, etc... So there was no harvest last season. If we don't see any rain soon this'll be our 4th year of drought.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
User ID
@Indy mate i cant remember i think your QLD like me. Sounds like your area is bad, here more dry than heat though it has been hot, like to see when the rain will arrive as the BOM had us with above average summer, if i remember correctly the outlook in winter was a wet spring, been the driest spring just as bad as the last, creek is reduced to puddles of water

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yeah, not good, mate. Got a couple of billabong's 'n a creek here that hasn't seen a drop in them for over 2 years now, plus a 70yo born 'n bred local said it's the worst he's seen the countryside

Beginning to believe, the more they talk it up the less chance of it happening it seems

User ID
Yeah, not good, mate. Got a couple of billabong's 'n a creek here that hasn't seen a drop in them for over 2 years now, plus a 70yo born 'n bred local said it's the worst he's seen the countryside

Beginning to believe, the more they talk it up the less chance of it happening it seems
True mate i believe the 70 yo guy for sure, last year lowest rainfall on record for many centres i think Toowoomba had only 320mm for the year, countryside and range could see dead trees this was back in September when we wet up there to see Grandmas grave and look around parks. Been in the current place now for some years and have never seen it so dry in the least year and now its not much better. I really hope the BOM are correct with the outlook, id take a wet summer less sun over this dry anyday

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
True mate i believe the 70 yo guy for sure, last year lowest rainfall on record for many centres i think Toowoomba had only 320mm for the year, countryside and range could see dead trees this was back in September when we wet up there to see Grandmas grave and look around parks. Been in the current place now for some years and have never seen it so dry in the least year and now its not much better. I really hope the BOM are correct with the outlook, id take a wet summer less sun over this dry anyday
Was listening to the bloke from the bom on the radio the other day and he reckons mid December it should start to get wet on the east coast of NSW hopefully you toads get some up your way round the same time.

User ID
Without a doubt, Only problem it'll be in a couple of huge dumps and do more damage during the process.
true we need it slow mate, look at the landslides at springbrook and lamington due to excessive rain in a short period after a dry period, atm water almost repells the water

User ID
Was listening to the bloke from the bom on the radio the other day and he reckons mid December it should start to get wet on the east coast of NSW hopefully you toads get some up your way round the same time.
That would be good mate, the BOM did say summer so hopefully, i dont think the trees would hold out much longer, miss the wet summers of old

Top Bottom