Home Brew

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
There’s a product called PE I think. It’s basically napisan 😂 It’s not as nasty as caustic

Pe wash - citric acid neutralise - ph neutral rinse.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Tunkers

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Remember your roots.

Brew in a running fridge :)
If the temps weren't too cold in the weed fridge I would have already been onto that haha I told myself not to go setting up more power for this hobby so I'll refrain

Stackr

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Try a Saison yeast, its doesn't mind the warmer temps, and some people love the funk at higher temps.

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I do (or did until my daughter came, we moved house and I haven't been able to set it all up again).
This is what I was rocking before moving.
40L urn boiler, 50L keg mash tun, 20L HLT, with a HERMS to control the mash.
Few STC 1000's to control everything on a timer so I could fill everything up the night before and mash in eight away when I woke up with a coffee.
20191224_082246.jpg

I've since upgraded the boiler to a 65L urn, and the 40L urn will be my new HLT, keeping the 50L keg mash tun, so I can pump out double batches to fill more kegs!
Been working on a new control panel for the lot, almost there but slowly. 3 pumps and as much automation as I could do and replaced the STCs with PIDs
New house with stone Bench top, I ain't putting that shit on it.
Need to get a 2000mm work bench to set it all up on, but, hard to find time to organise everything with child and new house stuff, even if we've been here almost 2 years lol.
20231127_202357.jpgScreenshot_20231127_201759_Messenger.jpg

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Kegs are definitely worth the investment if you get into home brewing!
2x 19L kegs of 5% (kind of Hoppy, that's where a lot of $$ can add to a batch) pale ale for about $50 (that's 100x 375ml cans).
One keg was emptied the other night though :(
(Tap is a bit warm in the shed, hence the excessive head, but it all turns to beer anyways 👍)

I'm the drinker and missus is the toker 👍. I do all the work for both lol.
View attachment 20240413_154715.mp4

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Kegs are definitely worth the investment if you get into home brewing!
2x 19L kegs of 5% (kind of Hoppy, that's where a lot of $$ can add to a batch) pale ale for about $50 (that's 100x 375ml cans).
One keg was emptied the other night though :(
(Tap is a bit warm in the shed, hence the excessive head, but it all turns to beer anyways 👍)

I'm the drinker and missus is the toker 👍. I do all the work for both lol.
View attachment 46941
Kegs are definitely the way to go, better than cleaning all those bottles! I have half a dozen on rotation.

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Kegs are definitely the way to go, better than cleaning all those bottles! I have half a dozen on rotation.
Nice, I have 3. I really need an extra one to do the double batches more often. Single batch vs double is the same effort so no brainer!
Are you extract or AG?

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Nice, I have 3. I really need an extra one to do the double batches more often. Single batch vs double is the same effort so no brainer!
Are you extract or AG?
Just extract with a bit of extra grain and hops, double batches are the go! I get my spare kegs filled occasionally with beautiful beer from my mate at the local brewery for something special.

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Just extract with a bit of extra grain and hops, double batches are the go! I get my spare kegs filled occasionally with beautiful beer from my mate at the local brewery for something special.
Sounds good. Be funny if you're on the homebrew FB pages and we've come across each other in the past.
Beer is waaaayy too e be toxpensive these days, even the cheap beer ain't cheap and if you like IPAs is $100s a month :/

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Sounds good. Be funny if you're on the homebrew FB pages and we've come across each other in the past.
Beer is waaaayy too e be toxpensive these days, even the cheap beer ain't cheap and if you like IPAs is $100s a month :/
Self sufficiency is becoming more of a necessity than a hobby these days!

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Self sufficiency is becoming more of a necessity than a hobby these days!
Agreed. At $50-120 a carton (depending on your tipple) and $130>/10g of legal weed... It's fucking ridiculous.
A bit of a hobby and realistically, minimal funding input (diy vs pre made set ups, both hot side and keg obviously vary, but hey, we all like to tinker and make stuff!!) and you're fucking miles ahead!

We've just got into gin, so a still attachment is on the horizon, few $$$ in sugar and yeast and we'll be set!!

Herb garden is the biggest self sufficiency thing I can recommend to anyone, the $$ you spend for a bunch of herbs you use once and then let wilt in the fridge :/ . Vs pick what you need and you use them .ore often because they're there!!

Top Bottom