Gweens have a plan to legalise it (apparently)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Jaz

Curing
User ID
To be fair to the Greens, they have never, and will never, be in power. The only hope they have is if they hold a balance of power to be able to influence the major parties.

It would also help if more people got into preferential voting and stopped voting the way their parents and grandparents voted, the parties are nothing like what they used to be.

j

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I hope it's never legalised here!!
Decriminalised yes but legalised to the point of dispensaries on every corner and ozs of premium bud worth $50 to $70 fuck that!!

Jaz

Curing
User ID
dispensaries on every corner and ozs of premium bud worth $50 to $70 fuck that!!

I have a friends in parts of Northern America where it's legal and they say the black market still exists. The quality and prices at the dispensaries don't compare but it's still good to have that option.

j

Reactions: HGO

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Just be careful what you wish for,
the grass is no greener on the other side of the fence.

Registered and regulated grows are definitely not the answer just look at the act what a shit show that is look at what happened to Anoma perfect example.

If you feel bad or shit your pants when u get a knock on the door, your in the wrong game.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
ErtmpUjW8AMWVi0

Made in China

😆

j

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
I hope it's never legalised here!!
Decriminalised yes but legalised to the point of dispensaries on every corner and ozs of premium bud worth $50 to $70 fuck that!!
Imagine if it were grown as freely as corn is and everything was mechanised to reduce labour costs except for say taking cuttings from mother plants. A handful of people over just a few days could literally take tens of thousands of cuttings that machines plant, harvest, manicure and spit out into drying racks that again a handful of people could deal with. In a fair market with no sin taxes or any bullshit added on to the cost except for say the GST which applies to everything an ounce wouldn't even sell for $2. It would be so cheap to produce that even if a person got a few seeds in their bag they'd throw them out because the effort of manicuring or buying a machine to do it for them wouldn't be worth it. Now there would be a few people like myself that do it anyway because growing is in our blood and being able to freely breed would just make our position infinitely better but it's not like we'd be able to put our buds in a cool jar and wrap a fancy ribbon around it to get black market prices and that's totally ok! If you grow to profit off the black market you deserve to lose when the people win the war on drugs but if you grow for the love of the plant you deserve to be able to freely do that too. You just need to understand that it will be a race to the bottom thanks to capitalism and that once the big boys start swinging their dicks planting fields of pheno hunted clones and producing shit like oils with custom terp profiles for next to nothing that that's what winning looks like. We might not like it as the current producers that can enjoy tax free black market prices but when it's no longer illegal it's for the greater good that we let go of the greater market and accept smaller roles like breeders and boutique grows that cater to the high end clients that are willing to pay $1/g for organically grown and hand manicured primo bud.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Imagine if it were grown as freely as corn is and everything was mechanised to reduce labour costs except for say taking cuttings from mother plants. A handful of people over just a few days could literally take tens of thousands of cuttings that machines plant, harvest, manicure and spit out into drying racks that again a handful of people could deal with. In a fair market with no sin taxes or any bullshit added on to the cost except for say the GST which applies to everything an ounce wouldn't even sell for $2. It would be so cheap to produce that even if a person got a few seeds in their bag they'd throw them out because the effort of manicuring or buying a machine to do it for them wouldn't be worth it. Now there would be a few people like myself that do it anyway because growing is in our blood and being able to freely breed would just make our position infinitely better but it's not like we'd be able to put our buds in a cool jar and wrap a fancy ribbon around it to get black market prices and that's totally ok! If you grow to profit off the black market you deserve to lose when the people win the war on drugs but if you grow for the love of the plant you deserve to be able to freely do that too. You just need to understand that it will be a race to the bottom thanks to capitalism and that once the big boys start swinging their dicks planting fields of pheno hunted clones and producing shit like oils with custom terp profiles for next to nothing that that's what winning looks like. We might not like it as the current producers that can enjoy tax free black market prices but when it's no longer illegal it's for the greater good that we let go of the greater market and accept smaller rolmes like breeders and boutique grows that cater to the high end clients that are willing to pay $1/g for organically grown and hand manicured primo bud.
So winning the war on drugs means it being taken over by multinational corporations, industrialised,
treated like you mentioned above and completely devalued?
Not to mention what will be done to quality when that happens like industrial farming of fruit and vegetables. They are utter shit compared to what you can grow at home!!
That's sounds fucking excellent!! 🤪

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
So winning the war on drugs means it being taken over by multinational corporations, industrialised,
Not to mention what will be done to quality when that happens like industrial farming of fruit and vegetables. They are utter shit compared to what you can grow at home!!
Legalisation results in the same thing mate except that we remain criminals and they get to charge black market prices. Dunno about you but I don't call that winning the war on drugs.

Decriminalisation though puts us on an even playing field and the guys with money are going to go hard af. There will be room for smaller growers at first but once the big fellas get their shit together with genetics, cloning, etc. it's a race to the bottom exactly like what gazza pointed out about the legal market in the USA. This is ideal because wiping the value of cannabis out until it meets what should be it's actual market value is great for consumers, for us growers it not only makes it ok for us to grow but we could do so openly without worrying about rippers so much due to the work involved in manicuring alone, etc. Now yes home grown will forever have more variety and higher quality than what the big boys have but they'll for sure have breeding programs of their own and the little guys will be able to keep them honest with pricing and quality so at first they'll never be far behind but could very well leave us in the dust due to the sheer scale of their grows and being able to test a sample of everything at a lab. Just think, if you had the ability to grow millions of plants, have them all lab tested for cannabinoids, terps, and genetics, imagine what you could do once you completed the cannabis genome. You could knowingly breed any type of cannabis you wanted and shit on everyone else for being mere pollen chuckers by comparison and if they get the ok to GMO the shit, which they no doubt would given that farmers are allowed to grow GMO crops already for human consumption, there is literally no limit to what is possible for such a breeding facility. In a legal market no such thing would take place because they would have a monopoly on the legal market and thus no incentive but the result will inevitably be the same with the big guys absolutely dominating anyway. It's inevitable and the only way to stop it is to keep the status quo which sucks for everyone and encourages some really shit behaviour on both sides of the law. We should free the plant and not be scrooges thinking only of lost shekels.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Some people will always be looking for quality.
Big corperation can't do that in multi acre in door grows!
Fungicides, insecticides and pgrs are par for the course. On an industrial level✌

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I just want the legal right to be able to grow cannabis on my own property. Just like growing tomatoes, veges, ornamentals, etc. Dispensary or not, I just want to grow my own, and be left alone. BUT, it would be nice to walk down to the corner shop and pick up some clones of kick arse strains 🤣

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
I just want the legal right to be able to grow cannabis on my own property. Just like growing tomatoes, veges, ornamentals, etc. Dispensary or not, I just want to grow my own, and be left alone. BUT, it would be nice to walk down to the corner shop and pick up some clones of kick arse strains 🤣
Back in the day there was AussieSPC. It wasn't as good as going to the local corner shop but clones of most of the major strains doing the rounds were available for $25 each and aussie post didn't suck back then to the degree I once got das out the door at 4:30pm and at 6:30am the next day I was the proud owner of sensi seeds afghan and white rhino. The young whipper snappers circle jerking about ordering femmed autos for noobs have no idea how awesome things used to be. No customs, no males, etc. just proven female cuts in almost any number you needed with overnight delivery Aus wide except for WA which usually took two days. I miss the old days dearly but it did have its downsides like a lot of the cuts only coming from a 10 pack of seeds and having the best overall performer kept as the mother plant instead of the best smoke. Still though those glory days aren't likely to be lived again and doubly so if it goes legal/decrim as the one thing people will hoard the most is their genetics. Oh well, I'm just thankful those days existed at all and I got to experience them.

Reactions: Jaz

Jaz

Curing
User ID
I was the proud owner of sensi seeds afghan and white rhino. The young whipper snappers circle jerking about ordering femmed autos for noobs have no idea how awesome things used to be.

a (8).jpg

I still have the pen I got in Amsterdam.

I gave the catalogue to a friend, they couldn't believe there was such a thing... but it was Amsterdam after all.
The catalogue had pages of pictures of eye-catching colas showing what you could expect from the seed and some of the prices for one seed were very high - prize winners of course.

j

Last edited:
F

freddie

Big corporations have already taken over medical cannabis in Australia. If recreational is legalised, it could very well be the same story. It's something that is inevitable unfortunately.
I will always support legalisation though. I have never made money from cannabis so from a consumer point of view the $50 oz mentioned earlier is perfect.
What I would like to see is legalisation allowing home grown and boutique growers, so that those that want to smoke McWeed can do so, but those looking for something different have the choice as well.

I'd love to live long enough to see legal cannabis in Oz. Bottom line for me is that no one should be fined or locked up for producing or consuming a plant that is relatively harmless.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Big corporations have already taken over medical cannabis in Australia. If recreational is legalised, it could very well be the same story.

In the US there's lots of small businesses dealing in recreational sales, however they are taxed very heavily and due to this some even go bust - the high taxes is why many states have had great boosts to their economies riding on the back of legalisation.

There's also a caveat that those with criminal records can't start up a business involved in cannabis - a very sly convenient way of keeping blacks out of the industry.

170683720_169393701701757_7620944649220648830_n.jpg272680475_356286456345813_5636586956514033015_n.jpg273216287_356286576345801_5579788710172647131_n.jpgj

F

freddie

Totally depends on which State. How's this for a civilised law. New York provides grow licences to those how have been affected by past convictions. Imagine this happening here, lol.

State officials have said initial sales could begin by the end of the year under a program providing the first licenses to people affected by marijuana-related convictions. Regulations for the entire adult-use market are expected this summer.

Reactions: Jaz
Top Bottom