Gweens have a plan to legalise it (apparently)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
F

freddie

To be fair to the Greens, they have never, and will never, be in power. The only hope they have is if they hold a balance of power to be able to influence the major parties.

I notice the video says nothing about adults being able to grow their own? Just adults being able to purchase it, and a regulated supply market. I would be thoroughly pissed off if cannabis was legalised, without legislation including homegrown.

F

freddie

That's great. I'm good with 6 plants.
If they are going to make a video like the one posted it should be clear you can grow your own.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Personally I hope weed is never legalised in Australia as the value and quality will plumit. Only need to look at the US and Canada to see that.
Decriminalised yes but never legalised to the point of dispensaries like the US and Canada.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
how can quality drop any more all there is is crappy PGR everywhere as it is weed is cheap as fuck $10 a gram down here
I couldn't give a fuck about PGR weed it's not even weed as far as I'm concerned.
Canada and America is flooded with early pulled and heavily sprayed with pesticides for as little as $50 and oz. Top shelf buds are lucky to be worth $100 to $120 an oz because the sheer amount of quality buds in the legal market.
When I went to California in 2010 and good buds were $300 US an oz. 12 years later the same oz is $100.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
To be honest I can’t wait for it to be legalised you will be able to walk down the street smoke a joint and not have to worry and not to mention to be able to walk into a shop to buy bud not have to wait for your dealer and know what kind of bud your getting including THC levels

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
To be honest I can’t wait for it to be legalised you will be able to walk down the street smoke a joint and not have to worry and not to mention to be able to walk into a shop to buy bud not have to wait for your dealer and know what kind of bud your getting including THC levels
You can't walk down the street smoking anything these days let alone weed even if was legal.

I like the idea of it not being illegal and being arrested and having ya plants taken and ya grow gear.

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
How many of you have read the UN's convention on narcotics? Here's the quick run down if you haven't;
1) Only licensed producers are legally able to produce drugs
2) ALL of the harvest has to be sold to a central government agency for distribution
3) Not only is there seed to sale tracking to ensure there is no black market diversion but nations with a legal market must continue enforcement against the black market.
In other words only the rich that rub shoulders with politicians will get licenses while the rest of us will still have the same criminality associated with our favourite hobby.
Worse still in order to protect their monopoly this new cartel absolutely will be running ads to convince normies that we're to blame for tax increases due to us dodging the legal market, that the government is losing x amount of millions a year for schools, hospitals, roads, etc. and worse still that unlike the legal market which is 18+ and strictly enforced we can only make money by selling to children. You may think in a legal market the laws won't be nearly as harsh but you're dead wrong due to money talking above all else because if the monopoly complain that we're not living up to our obligations under the united nations due to a lack of real enforcement they could cripple the nation and they'll 100% try because of the all mighty dollar.

In short legalising it allows the government to declare a loss a war they started against their own people, reap all the spoils for themselves and then they are obligated to go my bad and continue the drug war anyway.

What we want in no uncertain terms is decriminalisation. Have the laws stricken from the books entirely so there is no black market any more nor a legal one that is beholden to the rules of international law or local taxation. It's the only way to truly free the weed as it makes it impossible for the government to admit victory or defeat and claim the spoils of the war either way. It would give all the power back to the people as no one would legally or illegally be able to sell it removing all major commercial incentives and prices. With everyone able to freely fill their yards as fully as they can with veggies today the value will plummet to essentially nothing which will even spread to seeds and clones no matter how elite or rare they claim to be because we will be able to import and export genetics from around the world and share them freely without governmental interference. The end result will be the only true value, beyond the use of the drug itself that is, will be the pride we feel in making and sharing our genetics that enrich each others lives and to me that is the ultimate outcome we should aim for which is only possible with decriminalisation.

Ask any politician if they'll consider legalisation and some will gladly say yes, ask those same people if they'll consider decriminalisation though and watch as they all say no. They all know what they're doing, even the greens, absolutely none of them are on our side and considering the war continues if they make it legal I for one would rather see it remain illegal and keep all the profits in our hands. Fuck em.

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
I watched this the other day. Most of it was known to me, some not, I'm sure many of you will get an hour of entertainment out of it though.

If I could be arsed and had the skills I'd make a 15mins or so long doco about it being a government conspiracy to go against immigrants, prop up law enforcement, protection for the pharma industry, etc. and end it with how the international cabal have used the draconian laws and the slogan of legalise it to promote their eternal control over nature's greatest plant while selling it to us at the black market prices they themselves created. I'd end it with showing how decriminalisation truly ends the war on drugs, how literally no politician is willing to accept that as an outcome for the war on drugs except in Portugal where it's worked wonders and then what it would be like if humanity could freely grow the plant again especially in relation to our health, mental well being and the environmental impacts not to mention the prices end consumers would pay if it could be grown as freely as any other crop like corn. Hour plus docos are great and all but normies don't have the attention span for that these days and even staunch anti drug people if pushed would give 15 mins of their time if pushed hard enough. It would just be a matter of weaponising the information to make it as short and impactful as possible and if done right you could make it out that only those who want to profit off the people and our suffering wish for it to become legalised and how if there were anything you should ever be a single issue voter on it's the decriminalisation of all drugs, but in particular cannabis, for the good of the people and the planet as a whole.

If someone wants to steal that idea go right ahead :)

Top Bottom