Easy as organics

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
If your saying you could tell the difference between 2 clones one grown in "organic" and one in some other medium your kidding ya self!! 🤣

Wasnt clones...Fem seeds.

try it before you knock it...

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I've tried stuff grow in his soil!
I've used his soil! 🤣

So you grew in it and only used water. and then had another plant in hydro to compare against? It could even be strain dependent, who knows, but why would i just make shit up?

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
So you grew in it and only used water. and then had another plant in hydro to compare against? It could even be strain dependent, who knows, but why would i just make shit up?
Poor perception, created by " halo effect." You expected the organic to taste better. Need independent blind taste tests for starters.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
unfortunately @Porky the world is full of people that will take advantage whenever possible , i run out of fingers & toes to count the amount of people i know of over the years that have got the dole or disability pension that don't need it
And the ones that legit need it miss out. I fell over pissed when I was living in WA and broke my hand. I was in my late 20's so had zero savings never been on the dole. Went into centerlink and tried to get sicknes benefits and even with my certificates was made jump through hoops. After about an hour of being fucked around said to the cockbreath you know what fuck this someone legit needs a hand for a few weeks and you get stuffed around. So I went and got a fuckload of voltarin and went back to laying bricks with a broken hand

Indy

Misfit
User ID
And my misconstrued point about Medical Cannabis is it seems it could prove pointless to try and maintain the organic certification through an entire medical grow, when there appears to decontamination process that some/all suppliers have got to put their product through before sale.

If you've tried a few MC strains like myself you may notice it can be super dry buds, something that has intrigued me for a while. And recently I've learnt that some might be hitting it with gamma rays for the decontamination process. To the point of potentially damaging/altering the terpenes, etc..

So it begs the question. What "Decontamination" process is the company going to use, if they have to carry out such a process?

Last edited:

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
And the ones that legit need it miss out. I fell over pissed when I was living in WA and broke my hand. I was in my late 20's so had zero savings never been on the dole. Went into centerlink and tried to get sicknes benefits and even with my certificates was made jump through hoops. After about an hour of being fucked around said to the cockbreath you know what fuck this someone legit needs a hand for a few weeks and you get stuffed around. So I went and got a fuckload of voltarin and went back to laying bricks with a broken hand
wasn't trying to suggest no one was deserving of help , & as far as dealing with centerlink go's i've spent many many hours repeating myself over & over again with each new centerlink employee i've had the " pleasure " of sitting in front of in a centerlink office , the tedious supplying of paperwork / jumping through hopes would be an under statement
@Billygoat in this thread alone. But there's other shit through the forum.
not sure why DNG talking about his competitors is a problem ( His Opinion ), i don't remember the context he said that but based on that single line i don't see the problem , is he talking about launching one of his products into the market place & getting feed back ? if that's it , i just don't see it , happy to be educated though

performance-enhancing is everywhere , sport being the main one reported on but it would almost be in every industry because we all seem to like bigger better faster stronger , oh & richer

Indy

Misfit
User ID
...and they're screened for doping regularly. But hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. (y)

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
So when you guys are talking about "organic" are you talking about "certified organic"?

I'm asking because In Australia, it is legal to produce a product and call it ‘organic’ without providing the consumer with any proof that it is actually organic.

My personal feeling is the "organic" is misunderstood and people don't realize every element is "organic" including copper and arsenic. It's a big pet peeve, I hate blanket statements.

When we first moved to our block we grew cucumbers and tomatoes for extra cash and sold to restaurants and the local health food store. I NEVER said they were "organic" but that's how the health food shop sold them. Another certified organic producer told me while chatting how frustrated she was as they were flogging her stuff as "spray free organic" when she was actually spraying with copper as a fungicide.

My two cents, The effect of buying two "organic" capsiums double wrapped in plastic, grown in monoculture and transported 1000 km is negligible. Grow your own food if you want to change the world and have a positive impact on your health. Same with weed. One of the principles of "organics" is growing in a natural environment. From Nasaa :

"This principle roots organic agriculture within living ecological systems. It states that production is to be based on ecological processes, and recycling. Nourishment and well-being are achieved through the ecology of the specific production environment. For example, in the case of crops this is the living soil; for animals it is the farm ecosystem; for fish and marine organisms, the aquatic environment."

Growing your shit outside with bugs, wind, rain and a healthy ecosystem will get you a fuller range of terpenes IMO and thus be "healthier" than commercially grown monoculure labelled as "organic". Not everyone can, I know this but just because it's labelled organic, doesn't mean it's optimal or top of the line or giving you bang for buck. "organic" soil like any soilis only as good as what you put into it. You can have crap "organic" soil. Do your research before buying into the hype.

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
So when you guys are talking about "organic" are you talking about "certified organic"?

I'm asking because In Australia, it is legal to produce a product and call it ‘organic’ without providing the consumer with any proof that it is actually organic.
I was talking about how it used to be no till soil now its somehow "organic" but seeing as though he's paid for NASSA certification that's why he's calling it organic!
Much more profitable now it's organic!! 😉

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
I was talking about how it used to be no till soil now its somehow "organic" but seeing as though he's paid for NASSA certification that's why he's calling it organic!
Strangely, I find myself agreeing with a large part of what you are saying Porky :rolleyes: .

As far as I'm concerned once you tether a living organism to a plastic grow tent and spoon feed nutrients and light to it, the entire point of organics has been lost. And commercially growing strains for fast production organically in monoculure might be a bit better but I don't embrace it like the chai latte suckers.

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Much less profitable. Costs me heaps in time and money.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
So what is nitrogen purging?🤔and is Australian mm tested at every harvest for contaminants and can the consumer see said certification?
I doubt DNG would know that mate!
All sorts of stories about the US and Canada and how they dodge the QC arrangements!!
Like having separate plants for testing so they can spray all the others with pesticides!
Heard a few others about they way they dry it very quickly and the gamma stuff Indy was talking about!!
Fuck this is business mate not some nice stoners who want to help people and the sooner yous realise this the better.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Much less profitable. Costs me heaps in time and money.
Yeah but lots more people will buy it because it has the certification if not then your not smartest business man and your wasting your time and resources!!
I don't think this would be the case though!! 🤔

Top Bottom