Easy as organics

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Hudo

Baked
User ID
These badboys are around the same height as the 20 litre buckets I use for DWC obviously just wider so they will be spot on

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Yeah but if I don't want to stick with soil after the experiment I will have to remove the fucker lol
Once a big container, like a vegepod or 200L smart pot, is in there it's gonna be work to get out. That said, it would take a damn good reason for me to want to return to hydro! The only downside to soil I've found is a lower yield. My weed is overall better and my daily garden work is greatly reduced. My simple solution to the lower yield: I have a 1.2m*1.2m tent rather than 1m*1m tent. Works for me and I like vibe of working with soil.

giphy (3).gif

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Once a big container, like a vegepod or 200L smart pot, is in there it's gonna be work to get out. That said, it would take a damn good reason for me to want to return to hydro! The only downside to soil I've found is a lower yield. My weed is overall better and my daily garden work is greatly reduced. My simple solution to the lower yield: I have a 1.2m*1.2m tent rather than 1m*1m tent. Works for me and I like vibe of working with soil.

View attachment 25276
Thats a big downside I keep a little and the rest funds my hobbies so reduced yield isn't what I want to hear

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
coco Vs Soil

i don't buy into the reduced yield theory with soil
i'm not sure i even buy into the longer veg times with soil either

although i def think you need larger soil volumes than what you might use in a coco type system
which def has a flow on effect with transportability of soil filled pots or beds in & out of a tent

every system has it's pros & cons i guess but imo lower yield & longer veg time hasn't been my experience
when using the above mentioned larger soil volumes

in saying that i've never run a coco type system but have had plenty of freinds who have
& seen plenty of growers on here & online , those 2 things in particular are always under debate

choose your weapon , stick with it , do it well & be happy

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
coco Vs Soil

i don't buy into the reduced yield theory with soil
i'm not sure i even buy into the longer veg times with soil either

although i def think you need larger soil volumes than what you might use in a coco type system
which def has a flow on effect with transportability of soil filled pots or beds in & out of a tent

every system has it's pros & cons i guess but imo lower yield & longer veg time hasn't been my experience
when using the above mentioned larger soil volumes

in saying that i've never run a coco type system but have had plenty of freinds who have
& seen plenty of growers on here & online , those 2 things in particular are always under debate

choose your weapon , stick with it , do it well & be happy
100%. Everytime someone repeats the low yield/long veg myth to me I don't really know what to say. Longer veg than what, 2 to 4 weeks or something? I don't get it. From the time a rooted cutting is planted into the final container to harvest, if done right, the amount of time will be the same as hydro lol

Top Bottom