Easy as organics

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Ok because of all the good feedback I've seen about living soil I thought I would dip my toe again after limited success with soil and do myself a side by side with easy as organics soil and hydro to see if I can be converted with 2 cuttings of same strain a few questions (Mr easy as hopfully can't recall your user name sorry or anyone else who use easy as because that's what I can get my hands on at the local ) what size pot to fairly compete with DWC and any other recommendations so I don't hobble the soil grow from the start with my lack or soil skill

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Ok because of all the good feedback I've seen about living soil I thought I would dip my toe again after limited success with soil and do myself a side by side with easy as organics soil and hydro to see if I can be converted with 2 cuttings of same strain a few questions (Mr easy as hopfully can't recall your user name sorry or anyone else who use easy as because that's what I can get my hands on at the local ) what size pot to fairly compete with DWC and any other recommendations so I don't hobble the soil grow from the start with my lack or soil skill
@Donothing-garden is his name!

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Just go all out. Fill some 100L pots and grow monsters with just water and maybe worm castings topdress. If you keep soil moisture at 100mbar using a digital Blumat moisture meter, U can achieve this. Forget about pH, EC measurements etc...

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Any cheaper options?

I use a Blumat Moisture Meter, cost around ~$80-100.

B50205.jpg

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Thanks heaps one more question if I like the results what needs to be done for next grow do I have to empty it out and mix amendments through or just top dress ?

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Any cheaper options?

No. It's the cheapest option that provides actionable data. Throw your Bunnings moisture meter in the trash. The Irrometer which is the next grade up, same principle being a tensiometer that measures soil water tension is about $360.

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Thanks heaps one more question if I like the results what needs to be done for next grow do I have to empty it out and mix amendments through or just top dress ?
Just Amend as a topdress worked into top few cm of soil. Regenerate is great, but U can use any organic fertilizer. Spread worm castings, then mulch on top and water in. Spoon feed organic N if needed rather than dumping too much on all at once.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Just go all out. Fill some 100L pots and grow monsters with just water and maybe worm castings topdress. If you keep soil moisture at 100mbar using a digital Blumat moisture meter, U can achieve this. Forget about pH, EC measurements etc...
Good luck fitting 100lt of soil in a tent!! šŸ¤£

Top Bottom