Domestic Seed Sources - Australia

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pikey

Baked
User ID
That drunken bastard would be a great backyard plant but I want the original pure line to work with.
I do have plans to do an open pollination run of the ABC, when I can fit it in (too many projects, not enough space/time). If you're still around when it happens, I'll throw some your way so you can have a play with it (y)

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
I do have plans to do an open pollination run of the ABC, when I can fit it in (too many projects, not enough space/time). If you're still around when it happens, I'll throw some your way so you can have a play with it (y)
Legend, I'll do the same with my pollen chucks too if ya keen :)

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Fem Pollen, I would definitely buy some of that!!
making some feminized pollen at the moment Billy from a reversed Fem
if interested I can send ya some when its ready
does anyone have tips on best transporting methods thru the post so it remains as viable as possible
from Wa to Over East ??
I was thinking the pollen in a little tube then Vaccie sealed might be Okay at this time of the year?

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Legend, I'll do the same with my pollen chucks too if ya keen :)
Yeah mate, I'm always happy to share the love and intend to do more so, once I get a dedicate space to do "seed runs" up and running.

I did a lot of seed buying/hoarding during covid, as I saw the writing on the wall re: international purchases/customs. I got a lot of Meph, NO and Gnome(Mando) stuff in on the auto front and stuck with 7East & Darkhorse for photo regs + Katsu for photo fems. I might have got a bit carried away with it all though and I've ended up with approx 100 different strains with a 50/50 split photo/auto. Don't like my chances of getting it all done in this lifetime (or next) :ROFLMAO:

Each run I intend to keep a personal stash and the rest I was planning to donate to the forum/members (if they were wanted). Probably only openly share the 7East and Meph stuff though, as 7East approves and Meph can go fuck themselves after their "solution" to international shipping was to use Seedsman as their WW distributor :mad: So as they, effectively, no longer sell to Aus I'm happy to rob them of sales. Pity, they where all about the love when they were a small operation, but their recent expansion has shown they are now just about the money and it is starting to show and they're losing ground to Daz and Dan fast :cry:

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Fem Pollen, I would definitely buy some of that!!
Yeah but he refuses to do stealth packaging. One price, and same package gets posted regardless of destination. No chance of it getting through Kustoms.

Shiloh

Germinating
User ID
I grew drunken bastard fro 7 east this year. 5 from 5 Germinated. Lost 2 to slugs. Got 3 females. Definitely not a big yield but pretty good smoke. Smells like pine o clean disinfectant. Was dusting a Dutch passion Frisian duck with freak show pollen that was next to one that only had a few pistils and did that too. Only 4 beans to show for it. See how they go next season . Got a shit load of the freak show/ Frisian duck but. Little fuckerds popping up everywhere that they fell out before pulling plant.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
making some feminized pollen at the moment Billy from a reversed Fem
if interested I can send ya some when its ready
does anyone have tips on best transporting methods thru the post so it remains as viable as possible
from Wa to Over East ??
I was thinking the pollen in a little tube then Vaccie sealed might be Okay at this time of the year?

That would be sweet :)

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I grew drunken bastard fro 7 east this year. 5 from 5 Hermes. Lost 2 to slugs. Got 3 females. Definitely not a big yield but pretty good smoke. Smells like pine o clean disinfectant. Was dusting a Dutch passion Frisian duck with freak show pollen that was next to one that only had a few pistils and did that too. Only 4 beans to show for it. See how they go next season . Got a shit load of the freak show/ Frisian duck but. Little fuckerds popping up everywhere that they fell out before pulling plant.
Interesting they hermied, as their REG beans, which should have much less Hermie tendencies than FEMs.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Gunna have to make sure my STS game is on point before I attempt these ones. They cost me roughly the GDP of a small African nation and provided me with weeks of stress waiting for them to run the gauntlet, so I really don't want to have any fuck ups 😰

1650943519698.png

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Gunna have to make sure my STS game is on point before I attempt these ones. They cost me roughly the GDP of a small African nation, so I really don't want to have any fuck ups 😰

View attachment 23405
Nice.... original B.B. I've grown 2 different breeder versions( not the original) and they all frosted up nicely. Pine taste in isn't my favourite, but they hit hard. An outdoor one from two years ago. IMG_20210330_110705353.jpg

HGO

Community Member
User ID
Gunna have to make sure my STS game is on point before I attempt these ones. They cost me roughly the GDP of a small African nation and provided me with weeks of stress waiting for them to run the gauntlet, so I really don't want to have any fuck ups 😰

View attachment 23405
they look promising although I personally wouldn't reccommend Re Feminizing an already feminized seed for breeding it may result in problems with hermies a fem found from reg seed is a much more stable breeding tool imho

Pikey

Baked
User ID
they look promising although I personally wouldn't reccommend Re Feminizing an already feminized seed for breeding it may result in problems with hermies a fem found from reg seed is a much more stable breeding tool imho
Yeah, that is a worry. I was thinking to reverse one girl and let her pollinate the rest rather than selfing. Do you think that would better the chances or is it just a bad idea all together?

Maybe I'd be better served using her pollen on some of the reg gear I've got and seeing how it goes? I do have some reg Warrior Kush that has BB#3 in it's heritage. A backcross of that with BB#3 could be the go 🤷‍♂️.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Grow out the mum first, cut a clone, and if mum is solid, clone should? be ok for reversal. I get that it can be a higher risk, cause it was already reversed. 👍My BB X Ct was fine., so I'm doing the same with current 2 reversed crosses. Don't jinx me....lol

HGO

Community Member
User ID
maybe just test some fems with some light interuptions during early flowering
any that don't herm easily should be okay for breeding??
late flowering hermies arent that much of a worry it's the ones that turn in the 1st cpl of weeks after the flip that do
the damage to the crops .
as an example Ive put a couple of Pedros panama haze x malawi's thru absolute hell this past Summer and they stayed 100% stable
so an obvious choice for making some reversed pollen imho
not to mention it's a killer smoke too

Pikey

Baked
User ID
late flowering hermies arent that much of a worry it's the ones that turn in the 1st cpl of weeks after the flip that do
as an example Ive put a couple of Pedros panama haze x malawi's thru absolute hell this past Summer and they stayed 100% stable
Thanks HGO & Old fox for the info, sounds like the way to go. When it comes to it, I'll do a bit of a stress test and see what I come up with🤞. Maybe I should give one to my mate to grow... he's still new to it all and is at the stage of opening the tent every 15 mins (no matter the light cycle) to see if it's ready to harvest... as he's only a month in... it is not :LOL:

He's a bit of a tool, so I haven't told him about TSE yet... I don't think Porky needs the extra workload :ROFLMAO:

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Good to hear you're breeding the 16 week strains. Better you than me...lol. Ran 3 Malawi for 16 weeks flowering last year. Have developed a new found appreciation for sub 10 week strains. 😜. I have 3 remaining F7 Lemongrass beans. Genuine 52 day flowering. Grew them twice to be certain of that timing Phenomenal yields for fastest flowering strain I've seen. They're next on my to do pollen chuck list 😜

Top Bottom