Domestic Seed Sources - Australia

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Yeah, Dan Jimmie (Mandalorian Genetics/Gnome Automatics) did an IBL project with ABC. HybriTech was also breeding ABC through 19+ generations, under the name of "Subterfuge".

Not yet, I've grown out a few 'subterfuge' crosses and 'Drunken Bastard' that retained the leaf "mutation". Unfortunately, no girls though, so just saved the pollen and I haven't revisited them as I've had other grows to complete. I would love to play with it when I have the space & time (y)

There's a fella on Insta that has done a bit of playing around with it -> https://www.instagram.com/terpyz.mutant.genetics/
wow. He’s got some interesting stuff. Never seen anything like it. Shame he’s not aus based.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
IMHO that ABC strain is absolute rubbish. Was given a few reg seeds 4 years ago, and sprouted them to grow in pots outdoors. Small runts that never developed into anything, so I culled them as flowering commenced. Probably the shittiest strain I've seen. Couldn't recommend them, even if they're free. 👎. They're a gimmick.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Cool to look at
pretty much a waste of time to grow tho if you want to get high
IMHO that ABC strain is absolute rubbish. Was given a few reg seeds 4 years ago, and sprouted them to grow in pots outdoors. Small runts that never developed into anything, so I culled them as flowering commenced. Probably the shittiest strain I've seen. Couldn't recommend them, even if they're free. 👎. They're a gimmick.
Yeah, it's certainly not a "producing" strain, but I personally find it interesting as a hobby grower. "Drunken Bastard" reportedly tests at around 20% so some progress is being made. You're right though, I can't see it taking the cannabis world by storm anytime soon, but who knows where someone might take it 🤷‍♂️ Definately not worth some of the exorbitant prices that have been asked for it :(

If and when I do finally get back to having a play with it, I'd be more than happy to gift some seed to members :)

Jaz

Curing
User ID

Yeah, like all those that bought Venus Fly Traps.

Cool to own and admire, a bitch to grow... but absolutely useless at controlling flies.

j

Last edited:

Pikey

Baked
User ID
7EastGenetics (Canada) do the only version of drunken bastard. They do outstanding stealth shipping to Aus and have some beautiful looking strains at fair prices. They also have male pollen for sale. Link if anyone is interested. https://www.7eastgenetics.com/
Yep, that's where I got them from (y). I've become a big fan of Vittu's stuff over the last couple of years. Pretty much got his whole catalogue now, just waiting on my most recent order of his new strains (Mustikkapiirakka, Backseat Preacher and Tuna Breath).

He's a nice guy and has great ethics as a breeder. He does the hard yards not just A x B = New wonder strain!!! He actually puts time into doing it right and tests his shit. He also subscribes to the Open Source Seed License and encourages others to play/breed with his genetics.

As @Old fox mentioned, stealth is great and I've never lost a parcel from him @ 9/9 so far.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Yep, that's where I got them from (y). I've become a big fan of Vittu's stuff over the last couple of years. Pretty much got his whole catalogue now, just waiting on my most recent order of his new strains (Mustikkapiirakka, Backseat Preacher and Tuna Breath).

He's a nice guy and has great ethics as a breeder. He does the hard yards not just A x B = New wonder strain!!! He actually puts time into doing it right and tests his shit. He also subscribes to the Open Source Seed License and encourages others to play/breed with his genetics.

As @Old fox mentioned, stealth is great and I've never lost a parcel from him @ 9/9 so far.
Have you ordered his pollen? Interested to see how it travels across national borders? Another guy in New York selling FEM pollen but he's a lazy prick, and won't do stealth packaging for extra cost- despite numerous requests and cash incentive 😜. With recent decriminilisation of seeds in USA, could be more FEM pollen sellers pop up soon. 😎 I'd prefer that option, as a single vial of pollen could easily cross into about 4 different strains - without a need to separate fertile pollen donors into individual tents.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Have you ordered his pollen? Interested to see how it travels across national borders? Another guy in New York selling FEM pollen but he's a lazy prick, and won't do stealth packaging for extra cost- despite numerous requests and cash incentive 😜. With recent decriminilisation of seeds in USA, could be more FEM pollen sellers pop up soon. 😎 I'd prefer that option, as a single vial of pollen could easily cross into about 4 different strains - without a need to separate fertile pollen donors into individual tents.

Fem Pollen, I would definitely buy some of that!!

Unknown User

Curing
User ID

That’s damn good result. Will check his stuff out. Thanks guys.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I asked him about it and he said there's no point as the chances of it making it here and still being viable are little to none. I was impressed with his honesty, as many would have taken the money and no shits given. Part of the reason I became a fan.

Is there any of his pollen in particular you where looking at? I might have some Headstrong jizz in the next little while, will see what happens when they get the flip... I'm hoping to get a boy amongst them🤞, as it is one strain I definitely want to produce seed from. Very much a keeper 🥇

Fem Pollen, I would definitely buy some of that!!
they only got regs :(
Yeah, he's a 'proper' old school breeder and doesn't do fems or autos... he's been quite adimant about that in the past. He's all about the quality of what he puts out and not just trailing fashion and hunting the almighty dollar.

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
7EastGenetics (Canada) do a reg version of drunken bastard. They do outstanding stealth shipping to Aus and have some beautiful looking strains at fair prices. They also have male pollen for sale. Link if anyone is interested. https://www.7eastgenetics.com/
I just spent an hour on their site frothing like a madman. They seem to do lots of great work and you gotta love that breeder ethic where they want you to play with their genetics. Gotta give them a 10/10 for that alone.

That drunken bastard would be a great backyard plant but I want the original pure line to work with. Mongy told me in chat once that he's already done similar work as the drunken bastard with heaps of different stuff making strains that retain the crazy leaves and structure but have the other traits we desire so I'm not too fussed on that aspect as they're all just a variation of the mongy madness/abc. What I want to do is preserve the genetics due to how special and rare they at least were and try to work the trait into a shit hot sativa line until it breeds true. I wanna see a 3-4m tree of it instead of the typical shrub and then be able to run mass numbers in a small space and immediately cull off all those that don't show the trait when making hybrids. I have little doubt this has already been attempted by many others in the past and likely given up on as it would lose most of it's stealthiness growing into the typical pine tree shape but it was one of the original pipe dreams I had when I first started chucking pollen and at the very minimum it would prove to be an extremely valuable educational experience for other breeding projects too. To be honest though I doubt I would ever really get around to anything more than preservation. I've already got enough on my plate as is with my limited space and messing around with weird traits that would likely amount to a waste of time wouldn't appeal to me nearly as much as working with plants that have insane terps or look like someone threw a bag of sugar at them. I'm just too much of a fiend like that for fine herb but maybe one day if I can legally grow I'll give it a go.

Top Bottom