it's been a while since i made a seed sprout tea because i always use the malted barley so no need to sprout seeds
your questions made me go " yeah why am i saying this " so i just went & had a memory refresh , this is it below
- 56 Grams Barley Seed (2 Ounces)
- Soak for 8 hours with Clean Water
- Should now weigh minimum 84 Grams (If not soak longer)
- Sprout seeds until tail is as long as the seed or about 1-2 days.
- Blend in a food blender or whatever you have with a little but of water to help it blend.
- Add this to 5 gallons water and you have one of the worlds most nutritious Plant Enzyme Teas available for PENNIES.
This tutorial will be for our low cost barley as there are a few tricks that will help make the process much easier. The Medium and Premium Barley are so clean that they are slightly easier to use.
Step #1: I like to soak the barley in water that has a little re-hydrated kelp
Here is the seed soaking and you'll notice that many of the seeds will float.
Wait 8 hours and then tap the seeds so they sink... then scoop all the junk off the top. The goal here is to have as only seeds left to sprout and none of the plant material and seed hulls.
You can skim all that off or just pour it off into the sink and most of the seeds we want will stay in the bottom if done carefully. When you are done, they will look clean like this:
Then you can rinse them well to make sure they are ready to sprout, I just do this in a metal strainer.
Then you can sprout them in your typical fashion.
Most will use the Jar Method. I really like the Hemp Bag method or the Sprouting tray method.
Here is the same tray 24 hours later:
IMPORTANT: RISE THE SEEDS MORNING AND NIGHT AT LEAST.
And the Next Day:
You can see the seeds get all soapy looking while rinsing:
Here is the same tray after 3 days of rinsing morning and night... it only takes a few seconds
Now blend this up and add it to your 5 gallon bucket of water and pour into the soil