Does anyone calculate NPKg/L for soil?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Beil

Blooming
User ID
Mate you seem to worry more about your plants health than the poison /cadmium, your putting in your soil .which will get sucked up into the plant to be smoked ,,,then end up inside you and anyone else that smokes it. ,I pity any poor cunt that gets any if your selling it ,,And if it’s only for you then I can’t fathom why you’d use the shit after being warned about that Yara Mila product..

as for your above question ,,just wing it.
I'm still looking into the cadmium issue. Not 100% sold on using the YM (despite saying about adding it in my soil thread). The fact the pathway from combustion is different from consuming is worrying...
But, I'm still sussing out general cadmium levels in other fertiliser as a reference, from my quick reading the other day, it's present in a lot of fertilisers including organic stuff. But I haven't finished looking into it.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Your just making assumptions now. The nutea I use don't have cadmium or they don't show it). All I'm saying is that a single microgram of cadmium in the medium is not that big of a deal.
Where is the childish abuse ?.
Any thing childishness is your promotion of using the shit.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I'm still looking into the cadmium issue. Not 100% sold on using the YM (despite saying about adding it in my soil thread). The fact the pathway from combustion is different from consuming is worrying...
But, I'm still sussing out general cadmium levels in other fertiliser as a reference, from my quick reading the other day, it's present in a lot of fertilisers including organic stuff. But I haven't finished looking into it.
Yep, even natural phosphorus fixing will leech cadmium into the soil.

Pikey

Baked
User ID

From the article I posted above ⬆️

“Cannabis consumed in combustive form represents the greatest danger to human health, as analysis of heavy metals in the smoke of cannabis revealed the presence of selenium, mercury, cadmium, lead, chromium, nickel and arsenic,” said Bengyella. “It is disturbing to realize that the cannabis products being used by consumers, especially cancer patients, may be causing unnecessary harm to their bodies.”

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
From the article I posted above ⬆️

“Cannabis consumed in combustive form represents the greatest danger to human health, as analysis of heavy metals in the smoke of cannabis revealed the presence of selenium, mercury, cadmium, lead, chromium, nickel and arsenic,” said Bengyella. “It is disturbing to realize that the cannabis products being used by consumers, especially cancer patients, may be causing unnecessary harm to their bodies.”
Well there ya go!!
Does it mention anything about vaping mate as it's very different to combustion.

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
Personally, I am on my last grow in soil....too much trouble I reckon.
I'm going coir and perlite , so I have total control of what my girls eat.
Fuck the deadly stuff man.
Reconsider your approach mate
✌️
Too much trouble for you, and that's cool.

I love soil and don't use anything else.
Zero trouble for me.

Lots of people have trouble with various other mediums too.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
soil is easy.
I haven’t fed my three in the ground. good soil with compost.
Just add water.

Keep it simple.

As for tomato’s. I’d suggest something else. Maybe it’s just me but they are hard to grow. I grow all the herbs and vegetables I want no issue except bloody tomatoes are always shit.

Dope is was easier to grow than tomatoes imho.

Silverbeet in the other hand /)

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
At the end of the day though, phosphate fixation is bound to happen even if you don't add supplemental P at all due to the natural Phosphate content alongside phosphate fixing bacteria which also leech cadmium.

Cadmium buildup is always why I've generally used low P nutrients since day one. At the moment I have 12:1:13, 9:1:8, 3:1:3 and 7-1-9 and haven't seen any P deficiency.

I see some strange boosters and bases with odd ratios, like 4-6-4 nd I'm like...nah. way too much P for me.

Last edited:

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
soil is easy.
I haven’t fed my three in the ground. good soil with compost.
Just add water.

Keep it simple.

As for tomato’s. I’d suggest something else. Maybe it’s just me but they are hard to grow. I grow all the herbs and vegetables I want no issue except bloody tomatoes are always shit.

Dope is was easier to grow than tomatoes imho.

Silverbeet in the other hand /)
I gotta sy I struggled when I first switched to organic potting mix from Coco...everything was great for the first six-eight weeks and then the fade hit like a ton of bricks and never bounced back.

Partly due to me being stubborn and having no idea about the whole "once you see a big deficiency, it's too late to top dress"rule. I waited until the n deficiency was quite obvious and nothing brought it back.

Having better luck now after a few runs. Definately a learning curve. I have however fixed all me mates issues with toasted plants in potting mix by getting them onto Coco.

It wasn't the potting mix's fault, more them continuosly pumping salts in and not getting runoff.

Beil

Blooming
User ID
Mate you seem to worry more about your plants health than the poison /cadmium, your putting in your soil .which will get sucked up into the plant to be smoked ,,,then end up inside you and anyone else that smokes it. ,I pity any poor cunt that gets any if your selling it ,,And if it’s only for you then I can’t fathom why you’d use the shit after being warned about that Yara Mila product..

as for your above question ,,just wing it.
So, after a few days of getting sick of googling variations of ' cadmium, fertilizer, Australia, analysis etc'... I'm actually not very keen on it and slightly pissed there isn't more transparency in Australian fertilisers (it would have made trying to compare things a lot faster and easier to see how the Yarra compared to like, anything) - even Rich Grow super phosphate, which would have cadmium in it, doesn't label it as such from package images on Bunnos website, despite Aussie labelling requiring it to be labelled if amounts are more than 1mg Cd/kg (or 1mg Cd/kg P)... Which it for sure would have.

But as a lot of our food is grown with sulphuric extracted phosphorus from rock phosphate, there's very little to do about that. Australias human exposure is apparently quite low with food stuffs, so I guess that is 'ok'.

Even blood and bone type fertilisers will have trace cadmium from the livestock used to make it (but there's fuck all analysis available of actual heavy metal amounts from Aussie manufacturers of most fertilisers to even see what if any there is). And I'm pretty sure that rock phosphate based P is admissible in organic farming in Australia too (definitely need citation on that though and I CBA looking into it any more)

I found out that California and Washington in the US have mandatory heavy metal analysis of all fertilisers on an internet database for the public to search, which I thought was awesome. The fact that cadmium levels build up in humans is concerning. And with cannabis (and spinach aswell of all things) being a hyperaccumulator, and the combustion/inhalation making the Cadmium a LOT more readily available to be absorbed... Yeah I think I'll skip the Yarra with the weed (and the fruit trees as that soil will just accumulate it over the next 5-10-20 years :/. Will keep it for the lawns and garden beds.

I did also find that biochar and manure (in combination) reduced plant uptake (or the availability of Cadmium) by about 46%, so there's something there that's worth knowing about in regards to mixes and what ever cadmium may be in the amendments.

TL: DR, probably not going to use the Yarra. Australia needs more transparency on labelling and analysis.

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
So, after a few days of getting sick of googling variations of ' cadmium, fertilizer, Australia, analysis etc'... I'm actually not very keen on it and slightly pissed there isn't more transparency in Australian fertilisers (it would have made trying to compare things a lot faster and easier to see how the Yarra compared to like, anything) - even Rich Grow super phosphate, which would have cadmium in it, doesn't label it as such from package images on Bunnos website, despite Aussie labelling requiring it to be labelled if amounts are more than 1mg Cd/kg (or 1mg Cd/kg P)... Which it for sure would have.

But as a lot of our food is grown with sulphuric extracted phosphorus from rock phosphate, there's very little to do about that. Australias human exposure is apparently quite low with food stuffs, so I guess that is 'ok'.

Even blood and bone type fertilisers will have trace cadmium from the livestock used to make it (but there's fuck all analysis available of actual heavy metal amounts from Aussie manufacturers of most fertilisers to even see what if any there is). And I'm pretty sure that rock phosphate based P is admissible in organic farming in Australia too (definitely need citation on that though and I CBA looking into it any more)

I found out that California and Washington in the US have mandatory heavy metal analysis of all fertilisers on an internet database for the public to search, which I thought was awesome. The fact that cadmium levels build up in humans is concerning. And with cannabis (and spinach aswell of all things) being a hyperaccumulator, and the combustion/inhalation making the Cadmium a LOT more readily available to be absorbed... Yeah I think I'll skip the Yarra with the weed (and the fruit trees as that soil will just accumulate it over the next 5-10-20 years :/. Will keep it for the lawns and garden beds.

I did also find that biochar and manure (in combination) reduced plant uptake (or the availability of Cadmium) by about 46%, so there's something there that's worth knowing about in regards to mixes and what ever cadmium may be in the amendments.

TL: DR, probably not going to use the Yarra. Australia needs more transparency on labelling and analysis.

Check this out tse
Holy fuck batman
Hectic
Peace 🇬🇳

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID

Yeah it’s pretty insane but then in any industry, the big buys get away with stuff like this all the time.

Totally unrelated to weed but I’m in wine industry and we make natural wines. But most big brand wines are made more like a recipe than just what the grape grows. And a big thing is fining. Where they add powder to the wines to filter then sediment. Milk, egg and fish products are used however there is also polyvinyl plastic and powdered copper used. Imagine dumping in metal to a wine to clean it up.

Back to weed. I heard that if you keep your soil slightly higher ph the heavy metal uptake isn’t as big. Like 6.5 or higher.

Beil

Blooming
User ID
Yeah it’s pretty insane but then in any industry, the big buys get away with stuff like this all the time.

Totally unrelated to weed but I’m in wine industry and we make natural wines. But most big brand wines are made more like a recipe than just what the grape grows. And a big thing is fining. Where they add powder to the wines to filter then sediment. Milk, egg and fish products are used however there is also polyvinyl plastic and powdered copper used. Imagine dumping in metal to a wine to clean it up.

Back to weed. I heard that if you keep your soil slightly higher ph the heavy metal uptake isn’t as big. Like 6.5 or higher.
Funny you work in wine... My interest in specifics like this thread is similar to the all grain beer I make (and just delving deep into what ever peaks my interest - wife hates it, can spend weeks stuck on my phone googling research papers and generally go straight to the deep end rather than taking baby steps, last one was setting up a planted aquarium with the final goal of housing discus lol)., very interested in water profiles, enzymatic properties at different temperatures etc. I usually use gelatine to floc out the sediment, so not vegan friendly, but cold and time usually work.

Re. pH, I read that it's actually genetics, some cannabis (cannabis sativa L. Hemp ) Varieties absorbed more at higher pH vs lower and vice versa. Just assuming this applies to the active variety.
(Last paragraph)

But yeah, then read that general 'heavy metal' (such as Hg and Pb) uptake was lower at higher pH in non-cannabis plants.... It's a rabbit hole of reading lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom