Deficiency??

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
D

Deleted member DC01

Do you know the PH of ya water, is it tank or tap ?

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
tap water mate.. not tested it... but plant has been fine until recently.

D

Deleted member DC01

shouldn't matter in dirt anyway, my tanks can be 4 or 8+ PH depends where the rain is coming from

they always settle back to about 7 eventually

ya sure its not the LED scaring them, have seen some weird shit going on under LED's lol

• Haha
Reactions: HGO

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Got the following advice from Matt at Easy as..... not really what I wanted to hear. :p

Thats alot of cycles in pots to only amend with kelp meal. I would suggest with no till in smaller containers to topdress with a more balanced amendment blend... kelp contains alot of trace elements but you need to restore all other macro nutrients as well. High quality Worm castings and or compost should be applied omce or twice each growing cycle. And obviously, best practice with environment applies. Cold weather will cause soil biology to go dormant, slowing everything down and reducing nutrient availability.

Personally I would either start with new soil or take soil, put on tarp, mix 2 parts old soil, 1 part worm castings and 1 part aeration.. then add 1 cup per 30L of Regenerate or any organic, well rounded fertiliser. Wet and allow to cook for 1 to 2 weeks, then mulch and plant into containers 50L or more.

D

Deleted member cpr

Fuck that! I'm with Pedro, give it some hydro nutes. I'd mix them at the lower end of OK pH to try and shift the pH of the soil. Maybe 1/2 strength juice once a week? I don't know shit about soil so.....

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
from a water perspective he's using tap water , i'm not in bills part of the world but i would suspect his city tap water would be pretty spot on although you can check tap water testing generally on the water suppliers website like this , Melb Water Testing

yeah you need to add nutrients back to that pot & as porky mentioned easy as does have a nutrient & myco mix you can use for top dressing & soil mixing , Regenerate Organic Nutrient and Mineral Blend

frank makes a good point , easy as also mentions calcium & PH in the info about his regenerate blend :

Gypsum: Certified Organic. Provides sulfur and calcium and does not affect pH. If building your own soil, add appropriate amount of calcium carbonate to correct acidic soil from the addition of sphagnum peat moss. We left out lime so your soil pH will not shift over time and become more alkaline.

oyster shell is a good source of calcium carbonate & as a flour it can be added to water

Oyster Shell Flour A high quality soil conditioner which consists of 96% calcium carbonate and many micronutrients, Oyster Shell provides a long-lasting, steady release of nutrients to help regulate pH levels, improve fertilizer uptake, promote healthy cellular structure and enhance soil tilth

what have you been doing between runs with the pots / soil , do you pull one plant out & put another in straight away or is there some lag time between one grow & the next , do you keep the pot watered while in that lag time , if there is one

you can have a look at this guys method https://themodern.farm/methods/ of when he does things , notice from week 5 i think he starts to add oyster shell flour to his waterings
he also uses a recycling top dress every plant change & some extras for every third cycle in the pot , not saying you should do what this guy does cause he's a bit full on , but it will give you an idea of what others are doing to reuse soil though
if you really want to get into it , watch the 3 vids !

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Got the following advice from Matt at Easy as..... not really what I wanted to hear. :p

Thats alot of cycles in pots to only amend with kelp meal. I would suggest with no till in smaller containers to topdress with a more balanced amendment blend... kelp contains alot of trace elements but you need to restore all other macro nutrients as well. High quality Worm castings and or compost should be applied omce or twice each growing cycle. And obviously, best practice with environment applies. Cold weather will cause soil biology to go dormant, slowing everything down and reducing nutrient availability.

Personally I would either start with new soil or take soil, put on tarp, mix 2 parts old soil, 1 part worm castings and 1 part aeration.. then add 1 cup per 30L of Regenerate or any organic, well rounded fertiliser. Wet and allow to cook for 1 to 2 weeks, then mulch and plant into containers 50L or more.
Yeah of course billy ya DC.
What did you think you could just keep growing over and over in the same pot amd just add kelp. šŸ¤Ŗ

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Yeah of course billy ya DC.
What did you think you could just keep growing over and over in the same pot amd just add kelp. šŸ¤Ŗ

Lol.. I did actually add worm castings for the second round... but yeah, why not? lol. once i chop a plant all that root matter goes back in to the soil, that has to contain some useful shit?

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I decided to hit it with some nutes.

perhaps I have also been underwatering.

i mixed up 8L at 1.4EC.

i usually water every few days with around 1.2L.

the plant took the full 8L before any run off... and that was watering around 1L and then waiting a few minutes before adding more..

Top Bottom