Buying Seeds - Aussie here

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billwyn

Germinating
User ID
I'm still wondering how people end up on Instagram when looking for seeds In the first place....it just doesn't seem like a logical place to start with, but why would I know considering I despise social media.

Could just be my bias speaking.

Reddit ausents. Seed sourcing questions come up every other day. Watch long enough and you get a feel for what is a good chance of being legit.

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Anyone can order in some seed and chuck some pollen....and that's about as legit as you'll find through reddit, Facebook and instagram ...wasting your time and money, make an order through 7east buy some sts and make your own

Billwyn

Germinating
User ID
Anyone can order in some seed and chuck some pollen....and that's about as legit as you'll find through reddit, Facebook and instagram ...wasting your time and money, make an order through 7east buy some sts and make your own

Such blanket statements are rarely much use. It seems that buying seeds from anywhere is pretty much a crap shoot. I found 7east via Reddit and have some of their seeds growing. I'm pretty sure there may be a chance good seeds come from other places as well and I wanted to try the work of some Aus breeders. However, I would be very happy to be pointed in the right direction by the wise folk here.

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Such blanket statements are rarely much use. It seems that buying seeds from anywhere is pretty much a crap shoot. I found 7east via Reddit and have some of their seeds growing. I'm pretty sure there may be a chance good seeds come from other places as well and I wanted to try the work of some Aus breeders. However, I would be very happy to be pointed in the right direction by the wise folk here.
The Australian market is swamped in dime a dozen backyard breeders simply reproducing, selling and f1 crosses of stock they order from Spanish white label companies. I don't feel like trying my luck fishing amongst that rubbish.
7east was merely a suggestion as they are sites sponsors and I can attest to their quality. There are plenty of other companies still getting through customs, mainly from USA and Canada

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
@Billwyn The whole seed sourcing process is enough to drive a person bonkers, whether in Oz or from os, you just don't know until you find the ins and outs and that can take some time and some coin and then the stress of our fantastic cuntstoms finding them, well from os that is..but there is a light starting to shine now and that light is the serrated edge forum/gang 😀 even though they will crap on the instas and fbook whanabees 99% of the time they are spot on, there's tons of people more than happy to sell you mung beans for $$ so take a seat and get to know the gang on here and I'm sure you'll be sorted..as for oz beans I've used caveman now gone, madcanna and has decent success with them, os banks I've use are FastBuds some got nabbed, whitewidow.rocks in Canada ok success with them but 100% got here and pev seeds I like this place just for the original packs. Ok now I've written all this I'm now hoping I'm allowed to mention seed banks 🤔 sorry in advance. And as others have already mentioned 7 east genetics 100%..

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
I will just add this though, I've been smoking for 40+ yrs and I still think oz has/had some of the best smoke I've had, mainly the sativa strains from the 80's and early 90's which can still be found out in them hills..I think..the whole os seed frenzy bcoz of legality has sort of driven those original strains out which is sad, I love a crazy sativa high..anyway enough rambling sticky. Peace love and lotsa buds ☮️.

Billwyn

Germinating
User ID
I will just add this though, I've been smoking for 40+ yrs and I still think oz has/had some of the best smoke I've had, mainly the sativa strains from the 80's and early 90's which can still be found out in them hills..I think..the whole os seed frenzy bcoz of legality has sort of driven those original strains out which is sad, I love a crazy sativa high..anyway enough rambling sticky. Peace love and lotsa buds ☮️.

Thanks for your considered reply above. Appreciate it.

I'm probably about the same vintage as you but cannot claim such a long career. I took a fairly large break because of life. But this is the kind of thing I'm thinking as well. You hear whispers about ppl doing things with these strains, and I agree it would be a shame to see them disappear amongst the imports (which seem to be all about numbers, not the fun factor). I figure the only way to find them is to start looking.

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
Thanks for your considered reply above. Appreciate it.

I'm probably about the same vintage as you but cannot claim such a long career. I took a fairly large break because of life. But this is the kind of thing I'm thinking as well. You hear whispers about ppl doing things with these strains, and I agree it would be a shame to see them disappear amongst the imports (which seem to be all about numbers, not the fun factor). I figure the only way to find them is to start looking.
Yep just dive in mate, even starting with so called bag seed is a start, and some of my best grows have come from bag seed 😀 why people knock them still bogles me 🤣 hey if it was a good smoke why not..but really at the end of the day it's all about the fun and success of growing, if you're a bit of a hippy like myself I find gardening in general bloody therapeutic 😀 👍 and a great teacher of patience 😀. And lastly there's not much better than smoking/consuming our own grown buds and maybe sharing with your mates..

Top Bottom