Butter Machines 2023

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
I just had a crack at making my first ever edibubbles, never had enough weed to do it before :ROFLMAO:

I decarbed 5g of headstrong in the oven at 115C for around 40 mins.
I then mixed the decarbed weed and 125g butter and put in Crockpot pressure cooker, but on slow cooker setting for 4 hours.
I just placed the buds and butter in a jar and sealed with foil.
I then strained it with a strainer lined with some muslim cloth.

I've only eaten edibles once, about 5 years ago. A girl at work gave me a brownie she made but had no effect whatsoever :oops:

So I have no expectations at all .......... Or should I say I have NFI what to expect! 🤪

I haven't tried it yet but it smells yuk!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Think I might try coconut oil next time. :unsure:

IMG_7912-1200px.jpg

IMG_7919-1200px.jpg

IMG_7920-1200px.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
If you want to clean it up again for a cleaner product, add equal amount of water, reheat on low, and let cool again. Then once cool, drain off the water which should contain any contaminant.
Water will settle underneath the butter.

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
I just had a crack at making my first ever edibubbles, never had enough weed to do it before :ROFLMAO:

I decarbed 5g of headstrong in the oven at 115C for around 40 mins.
I then mixed the decarbed weed and 125g butter and put in Crockpot pressure cooker, but on slow cooker setting for 4 hours.
I just placed the buds and butter in a jar and sealed with foil.
I then strained it with a strainer lined with some muslim cloth.

I've only eaten edibles once, about 5 years ago. A girl at work gave me a brownie she made but had no effect whatsoever :oops:

So I have no expectations at all .......... Or should I say I have NFI what to expect! 🤪

I haven't tried it yet but it smells yuk!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Think I might try coconut oil next time. :unsure:

View attachment 37460
Ahhhh I forgot I even made this, just found it at the back of the fridge :rolleyes: I had to look here to see how much bud / butter I put in. I've never eaten any edible whatsoever (apart from one brownie years ago that did fuck all lol) so have no idea how much to use or what to expect. I can't be bothered baking anything, I just wanna chuck some on some toast with vegemite (to hide the taste lol) to see if it works :LOL: My big problem is I don't seem to get much effect off smoking my weed, maybe I just grew shit weed :ROFLMAO: but maybe I just seem to have some high tolerence when I smoke. Yeah I get a buzz but nothing to write home about. So I just wanna give this a go to see how eating it works. I have no idea how much to use but I'll try 1/2 teaspoon first see if that does anything...........watch this space. :oops:

Stackr

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Be patient and note the time you take it. For me it starts coming on slowly after about 1.5 hours, I don't hit the high until around 3 hours. Keep notes every hour, if you remember. It is not the same as a smoke, but still well worth it.
I haven't done butter or edibles, just MCT oil, and usually just take it straight into the mouth. Can't remember what the taste was like when I first started, but it doesn't worry me at all now

Last edited:

Madmick

Baked
User ID
You can make oils using coconut oil , sunflower oil and vegetable glycerine
Personally I prefer the coconut oil for taste
For 2 to 3 ml undef the tongue as long as you can for quicker absorbing into your system
Rather than fuck around making butter just make some MCT

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
You can make oils using coconut oil , sunflower oil and vegetable glycerine
Personally I prefer the coconut oil for taste
For 2 to 3 ml undef the tongue as long as you can for quicker absorbing into your system
Rather than fuck around making butter just make some MCT
I definately am gonna use coconut next time Mick (y) Love anything coconut 😋The butter tastes like crap, worst vegemite sandwich ever ........... and I caked it on lol (the vegemite, that is).

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
Be patient and note the time you take it. For me it starts coming on slowly after about 1.5 hours, I don't hit the high until around 3 hours. Keep notes every hour, if you remember. It is not the same as a smoke, but still well worth it.
I haven't done butter or edibles, just MCT oil, and usually just take it straight into the mouth. Can't remember what the taste was like when I first started, but it doesn't worry me at all now
Ah thanks for that, I had it an hour or so ago and nuthin'. I was gonna have another gob full but I'll wait a bit 😇 I'm very new at this so just experimenting with something other than smoking. I like the idea of MCT. Will give that a go when the current grow is ready.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Hey All, I'm looking at having a crack at making tinctures, edibles, etc.. a subject I'm not familiar with. Anyway because my stove is a complete bastard that won't simmer. I'm looking at one of these butter machines and I have no idea which are better brands leading into this year. I've heard the MagicButter brand being quite popular, but I'm wondering if there's any brand out there doing a better job of it and is reasonably priced?

Also, I'll probably be intending to do batches between 1oz and 2oz at a time.

Anyone got any advice or ideas?
I got a magical Butter machine I love it. only ever had one drama when I got mother inlaw stoned on fumes because I had it on high making a tincture and it evaporated the alcohol and started burning the hash, she was in the laundry with it spewing out smoke. I decarb in my pressure cooker in a jar outside on the wok burner on my bbq because the misses winges about the smell. then its load it all in hit the button and wake up in the morning and she's done. I now also make my tinctures with bubble hash, you don't loose as much alcohol from the leaf or bud soaking it up and you don't have to ring it out.all the hash settles to the bottom and you pour off the tincture gentle .You can make it a hell of a lot stronger because the hash takes up less room than bud or leaf so A, you can fit more in and B, the obvious its higher THC.i picked my machine up on marketplace for half the price

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Ahhhh I forgot I even made this, just found it at the back of the fridge :rolleyes: I had to look here to see how much bud / butter I put in. I've never eaten any edible whatsoever (apart from one brownie years ago that did fuck all lol) so have no idea how much to use or what to expect. I can't be bothered baking anything, I just wanna chuck some on some toast with vegemite (to hide the taste lol) to see if it works :LOL: My big problem is I don't seem to get much effect off smoking my weed, maybe I just grew shit weed :ROFLMAO: but maybe I just seem to have some high tolerence when I smoke. Yeah I get a buzz but nothing to write home about. So I just wanna give this a go to see how eating it works. I have no idea how much to use but I'll try 1/2 teaspoon first see if that does anything...........watch this space. :oops:
Toast is good and Vegemite masks the dope flavour although I prefer promite

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Here's a couple for people near Brisbane or Gold Coast there's 7 on marketplace but these 2 are Bargains

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
Decarbing about 500g of Charlotte's Angel in oven bags in the electric pressure cooker for 40 minutes.
DSCN3622.JPGDSCN3623.JPG

Once they're done, processed in the MB Machine in batches of coconut oil + Lecethin for future capsule-consumption.

SAW

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Just reading Rabbit Licker and others. Do you need to decarb when cooking or using MB machines? The heat is there in the cooking, so seems an unnecessary step? All my stovetop and MB product has been very effective. I’m curious.

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
Just reading Rabbit Licker and others. Do you need to decarb when cooking or using MB machines? The heat is there in the cooking, so seems an unnecessary step? All my stovetop and MB product has been very effective. I’m curious.
Decarbing is a necessary step for edibles/tincture to activate the THC-A/CBD-A to THC/CBD. Otherwise, you don't get the required effect. The MB machine doesn't get hot enough for decarb.

I used to decarb in the oven in oven bags (this helps to reduce the smell dramatically), but my oven is rather hit & miss. A pressure cooker on high at sea-level will get you a consistent 121C.

I've tried the single-stage decarb/infusion in a vegemite jar in the pressure cooker (just to test the theory), but haven't yet made capsules out of it to find out how effective it is.

Rabbitlicker

Germinating
User ID
Decarbing is a necessary step for edibles/tincture to activate the THC-A/CBD-A to THC/CBD. Otherwise, you don't get the required effect. The MB machine doesn't get hot enough for decarb.

I used to decarb in the oven in oven bags (this helps to reduce the smell dramatically), but my oven is rather hit & miss. A pressure cooker on high at sea-level will get you a consistent 121C.

I've tried the single-stage decarb/infusion in a vegemite jar in the pressure cooker (just to test the theory), but haven't yet made capsules out of it to find out how effective it is.
I made/dropped a cap from this experimental batch a few hours ago.

Erm.... Yeah, it works, but not as potent. I'm about 2 hours into the cap & the trees are very, very pretty.

Nice & gentle stuff. Listen to music & cook a magnificent meal if that suits your agenda.

Attachments

• DSCN3624.JPG
    DSCN3624.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 8
Top Bottom