Building a new pc

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
When I was putting together my computer quite a few years ago now, I remember reading that 'gaming' headsets is just marketing bullshit.

I'd got to some audiophile forums if your serious and as mentioned get some sanheisers etc. if your serious about it.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Same, Sennheiser is the brand that has been at the forefront of gaming for the best part of the last two decades. Never owned a pair myself. But rarely hear a bad word about them, usually nothing but praise.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Got the old beast working agin after multiple problems would work for a few days then wouldn’t work it would turn on turn off turn on turn off in the end I had to take the CPU out to clean it up and put it back in and now she’s working for now wondering if I should still upgrade or just buy a bigger hard drive and fancy new monitor🤷🏻‍♂️
i7 6700k cpu
16gb ram
Rtx 3090
Asus B150 pro gaming mother board 7D386819-E1DD-4C49-8D59-9DEF9BBA0F38.jpeg

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Can never have too much storing space.

I see you've got the same dilemma as me. Whereas it's not worth updating CPU, and probably need to change the motherboard out , and if you're doing that, you go for a later chipset board and get all new gear to go with it.

If it's handling the games you're currently into, might pay just to persevere with it until the old girl gives up the ghost completely?

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Can never have too much storing space.

I see you've got the same dilemma as me. Whereas it's not worth updating CPU, and probably need to change the motherboard out , and if you're doing that, you go for a later chipset board and get all new gear to go with it.

If it's handling the games you're currently into, might pay just to persevere with it until the old girl gives up the ghost completely?
Pretty sure this computer will handle any game I throw at it because I have the RTX 3090 24 GB card if I was to upgrade the motherboard I would need to get a new CPU and pretty much everything else it’s a gen 3 new boards are all gen 4

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Found the monitor I’m going to get this things a beast

Indy

Misfit
User ID
The specs sound impressive. Have you tried out a big-arsed monitor like this before? Reason I ask, years ago, when got my current monitor (21" i think) the first 2-3 days it gave me vertigo until i became accustomed to it. I'm guessing one like this could put me on the deck. 😂 Funnily enough, i'm fine with VR Goggles though.

But yeah, it's sounds as if it'd be a sweet choice. (y)

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
The specs sound impressive. Have you tried out a big-arsed monitor like this before? Reason I ask, years ago, when got my current monitor (21" i think) the first 2-3 days it gave me vertigo until i became accustomed to it. I'm guessing one like this could put me on the deck. 😂 Funnily enough, i'm fine with VR Goggles though.

But yeah, it's sounds as if it'd be a sweet choice. (y)
I use to have 3 Of these in nivida surround in 3d looked fucking awesome the new monitor I’m looking at should be sweet Doom eternal runs at its full resolution

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
your eyes do get used to it over time. But i agree, the initial feeling is unpleasant. 20 mins at a time helped me. Same as large screen home theatre stuff.
Samsung make excellent stuff. Love the Koreans tech. Really impressive. I used to run 2 x 34“ curved wide screens till I destroyed one of them.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Last couple of years ive noticed a increase folks hanging shit on Alienware gear. Though I'm not sure if the complaints are genuine or a anti-fanboi trend surfacing.

I guess something to consider is who supplies Alienware's their QLED screens.

Personally, if I was spending those sort of $$$ I'd probably lead towards Samsung gear as they've been up near the top of the pile for some years now. Well, at least on the TV side of it. You'd think that would carry over to their monitors as well. :unsure:

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Hmmmm. The dell a serious monitor for the price.
at this level, you would be doing well to have either of these monitors.
6 years ago I invested $1400 in a acer gaming 34” monitor and it still kicks ass.
2 years ago, I bought a rebranded 34” as a second monitor, cos it was cheaper, and it i threw it out 8 months later.

my 2 cents worth, if that were me And I could extend the extra $400 to the Samsung branded 49”. I would go for the Samsung branded monitor. Or I would check to see what’s coming out in the second half or third quarter of the year from Samsung.
retail Hardware manufacturers often will do major releases to coincide with tax time and holidays.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
form all the vids i have watched the alienware has better picture because its the first ever QD-OLED Samsung panel

Top Bottom