Building a new pc

durban kid

Blooming
User ID
4 to 6 k and you already have a kickass card
a great motherboard and cpu say an i9 and you will still have loads left for huge amounts of storage and memory cooling is always a top priority screen wise you dont have to spend heaps as you want games maybe try looking at some tv screens bigger size for less bucks and then sound now their you can spend lots if you want to i have a set of edifier monitors that do really great but if you want the sub for the extra boom Logitech rocks or spend your budget on bose or sonus faber lol
another wat to look at it also is to go to a store and see what they have in there already made units and add on things to suit loads of online stores too i used to use centre com in melb but latley i have used scorptec and cpl it all depends who has the best deal as i am a cheap barstard

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
World of Warcraft. Been playing for 10 years. But taken a break from shadowlands, until dragon…. Release comes out end of this year. And Diablo 4, when it gets released. I have a paragon hardcore character in Diablo 3.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
World of Warcraft. Been playing for 10 years. But taken a break from shadowlands, until dragon…. Release comes out end of this year. And Diablo 4, when it gets released. I have a paragon hardcore character in Diablo 3.
My d3 I think is paragon 1000 and something

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I was thinking this for cpu motherboard and ram

Was reading the other day that the i5-12600k is better value than the i9-12900k. Doesn't run a hot as the i9 and still up to the task of most things you can throw at it.

Vaguely recall the next gen intel is worth holding off for. But they say that shit every time, lol.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Yeah. It can be fun. I dont play it that much now either. Played last week and I blasted through it pretty quick.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Was reading the other day that the i5-12600k is better value than the i9-12900k. Doesn't run a hot as the i9 and still up to the task of most things you can throw at it.

Vaguely recall the next gen intel is worth holding off for. But they say that shit every time, lol.
I normally go for the i7 in the intel range. 5 is ok, but 9 is too expensive. I’m currently running an i7, about 1 year old now. It can do almost anything I need.
I do some music stuff, and I have an Apple Mac for that.

durban kid

Blooming
User ID
get on to kogan they havve some really cool curved monitors and loads of other stuff
and dont for get the edifier speakers i got mine from there
and i agree about the i5 but mabey then go to the i7

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
For sound I’m going with these I use to the the wired version but after 3-5 years cable fucked up and I turfed them

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
For sound I’m going with these I use to the the wired version but after 3-5 years cable fucked up and I turfed them
You had amazing taste up until those headphones. That fake leather shit they use breaks down after a couple of years and literally coats you in specks of it which are near impossible to get all off and make you itchy as fuck. Sure you can replace them in a lot of cases but it's a pain plus added expense later on and in a lot of cases you simply can't without hacking at them as they glue them on. I don't know how true that is for that set specifically but I learned the hard way to stay away from anything that uses the fake leather crap and would advise everyone to stay clear of it.

I've gone with Steelseries Arctis 7's due to them using foam, being so highly rated and easy to repair. I've tried a few 7.1 headsets from logitech, corsair, etc. some with the fake leather, others foam, and the arctis 7's dominate them in overall sound quality, directionality for pinpointing people in games, etc. I even bought a second hand set for my kid off ebay as she tried to steal mine to get away from her literally brand new corsair 7.1 headset that set me back nearly $200 on special and even though it was a well broken in set the sound quality was just the same as my brand new ones and a $15 foam replacement made them like new again. The only difference between hers and mine now is some wear on the buttons and my battery still lasts a full day while hers goes around 20 hours.

There's newer ones out 9 and 9x I believe. I don't know if they're worth the extra money but I would give the 7's a solid 9.8/10 especially when running their engine app that lets you fine tune things a little. They're damn near perfect with my only gripe being the bass becomes muddied when pumped but that's only because I have a 7.2 surround sound system hooked up to my pc as well that will shake the house and half the block around me before sounding like shit. If I'm honest though the headset puts out a cleaner audio that is far more true to life though and especially when gaming it makes a huge difference. I really don't think you'd be able to do any better without spending thousands going full audiophile kit and those headsets aren't made for gaming so who knows how good they'd really be.

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
Those are insane spec wise, they make the arctis 7's I recommended look like shit. Bit on the expensive side of things to say the least but that frequency range of 10 - 40,000Hz is twice as good as everything else. No doubt they've fixed the muddy bass going that low and the removable battery is a huge win too. They'd literally be perfect for everything.

Damn it now I want them.

Top Bottom