Building a new pc

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Any one here into computers I’m planning to build a new system and buy a 4K monitor 6-7k is my budget I already own a rtx 3090 anyone know what’s the best parts to buy any input would be good
computer will be used mainly for games

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
If you can put it off for 6 months AMD is going to be dropping some absolutely shit hot CPUs that are a completely new upgrade from their old AM4 line up and take advantage of all the latest and greatest technology like ddr5, pcie 5, etc. If you can't wait that long there's already some great cpu's out from intel that do the same but I'd personally just build a shittier amd computer to tie me over using all last/current gen stuff as you'll be hard pressed to notice the difference in quality given the new tech is still in it's infancy and most 4k screens are limited to 60 or 120 fps anyway. In 6 months I'd then chuck a few 14tb hard drives in it, take the 3090 out, use it for long term storage and build a brand new gaming rig as AM4 is at it's end of life and the new rig will have a good 8-10 year upgrade path if AM4 is anything to go by. Also it's definitely worth it having a back up computer if your main one shits the bed as you're going to want to rope going from a top tier pc to a phone while it gets fixed so yeah I'd go a basic amd rig now and better one for christmas but intel is always an option if you want to max shit out immediately.

I'd recommend watching some comparison videos on youtube before purchasing anything though. Linus tech tips is great for it as they show how well a cpu or gpu will compete against it's biggest competitors with benchmarks and fps in modern gaming titles so you'll get a spot on idea of where you'll stand whichever way you go.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Hey Indy,

I game……
Lots of great points from seeded. I’m an intel guy personally.
I can help you too if you want.

you can pm me if you would like.
To help, ideally the following info would be of value:
What games do you play?
are you into it seriously? Want to be esports Competitive?
a couple of hours a day type of guy?
Or just a couple of hours a week?

And any brand likes or dislikes?
do you do anything with music? Home recording etc? Photography, or like to chill and watch movies?

That would give an indication what would suit your needs, with screen, gpu, cpu, mb, ram, pwr supply, cooling, case, sound from mb or external device with active speakers, gaming keyboard, mouse, headset, even tho u mention the rtx which I’m guessing is an 8gig card, and probably still current, depending on what your playing

let me know what your playing, both now and if your setting up for something new to be released.
In that budget, depending on the above, you might be able to fit in a serious chair, like secret labs……..

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Hey Indy,

I game……
Lots of great points from seeded. I’m an intel guy personally.
I can help you too if you want.

you can pm me if you would like.
To help, ideally the following info would be of value:
What games do you play?
are you into it seriously? Want to be esports Competitive?
a couple of hours a day type of guy?
Or just a couple of hours a week?

And any brand likes or dislikes?
do you do anything with music? Home recording etc? Photography, or like to chill and watch movies?

That would give an indication what would suit your needs, with screen, gpu, cpu, mb, ram, pwr supply, cooling, case, sound from mb or external device with active speakers, gaming keyboard, mouse, headset, even tho u mention the rtx which I’m guessing is an 8gig card, and probably still current, depending on what your playing

let me know what your playing, both now and if your setting up for something new to be released.
In that budget, depending on the above, you might be able to fit in a serious chair, like secret labs…….
My card is high end 24gb

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Think I paid 2500$ then few weeks later it went up to 4K
Nice. Serious cards at that price. i Use geforce, but usually a season behind. Lucky for me the games I play don’t require bleeding edge.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Nope. there would be far more expensive cards. And nvidia do a bunch of supercomputer stuff. But Imagine buying 2 and running in SLI…….that would be cool

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
And even top end gamers don’t need that level of compute. before Antminers and the like for coin mining, cards used to be the go to

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Surely $2.5k is not the best in the world?
Depends on what you’re doing for consumers yes the RTX 3090 TI is the best card at the moment but for big corporations and businesses running 3-D screens holograms and whatnot are using high-end cards nvida quadro here’s one for nearly 8k

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Nearly worth considering holding off from building a new gaming pc, due to the nature of the gaming industry with many broken/busted-arse AAA games out there at the mo..

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Your right but still nice to have a pc that don’t lag can start up in under a minute and can do multiple things on at once

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
I upgrade mine every 3 or so years. I do it in one big hit, based on what I’m currently playing and what I will play over the next few years.

Top Bottom