BakedCake's Mushroom Cultivation Adventure

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Hey guys. Great write up.
Thought i would introduce myself and add my 2c.
You guys can just call me Aidz.
I've been growing shrooms since jan. Learnt a lot for the shroomery.org

After jumping in the deep end with agar and grain spawn myself i had some mixed results. But did manage to have a few successful flushes.

I would recommend anyone starting to go with PF Tek. It's more forgiving to newbies and less stuff needed.

Spore print
Syringe
Brown rice flour(brf)
Vermiculite (I've also used charcoal with great results)
Jars (ball brand are great but use anything, old salsa jars with tinfoil as lids are fine)
Big pot with fitting lid (a pressure cooker is better but for this tek pot is fine)

Thats all. Once you get your spores grown you have a big white jar of mycelium cakes ready to fruit your shrooms...IMG20200624083144.jpg

Theres a shit tonne of ways but prefer to crumble my cakes into coco coir and leave in a monotub. Again, so many teks but simply just leaving the lid ajar and adjusting when more air is needed works. The trick is not to over hydrate. They are resillant things when forgotten but too much moisture leads to trich or other contams. You don't water them like plants. You just need to create a humid environment. Misting once a day or 2nd day and using the lid to fan and wick away excess water.

After a few weeks you get...IMG20200427165045.jpg
(this was an older grow. The jars are a current variety I'm about to mix to bulk)

Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

And regarding hunting seasons. It's all about wood growing subs (psilocybe subaeringnosa) right now.
Cubes and pan cyanescens are summer time.

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah welcome aidz,. Reckon ive seen you on the shroomery, you on the aus spore traders sub reddit as well?
Nice looking tub

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Cheers guys.
Yeah I've used the same username so I'm the guy on shroomery and reddit.
Just expanding my psychedelic hobbys..
I am actually getting a couple of san pedro cacti from a friend of a friend soon. They grow pretty well in only a year so hopefully I'll have enough to make a mescaline brew by summer.
I'd love a peyote but they take like 10years to grow..

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hey guys. Great write up.
Thought i would introduce myself and add my 2c.
You guys can just call me Aidz.
I've been growing shrooms since jan. Learnt a lot for the shroomery.org

After jumping in the deep end with agar and grain spawn myself i had some mixed results. But did manage to have a few successful flushes.

I would recommend anyone starting to go with PF Tek. It's more forgiving to newbies and less stuff needed.

Spore print
Syringe
Brown rice flour(brf)
Vermiculite (I've also used charcoal with great results)
Jars (ball brand are great but use anything, old salsa jars with tinfoil as lids are fine)
Big pot with fitting lid (a pressure cooker is better but for this tek pot is fine)

Thats all. Once you get your spores grown you have a big white jar of mycelium cakes ready to fruit your shrooms...View attachment 2010

Theres a shit tonne of ways but prefer to crumble my cakes into coco coir and leave in a monotub. Again, so many teks but simply just leaving the lid ajar and adjusting when more air is needed works. The trick is not to over hydrate. They are resillant things when forgotten but too much moisture leads to trich or other contams. You don't water them like plants. You just need to create a humid environment. Misting once a day or 2nd day and using the lid to fan and wick away excess water.

After a few weeks you get...View attachment 2011
(this was an older grow. The jars are a current variety I'm about to mix to bulk)

Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

And regarding hunting seasons. It's all about wood growing subs (psilocybe subaeringnosa) right now.
Cubes and pan cyanescens are summer time.
Hey mate i have a couple questions please..
What ratio did you use for the brf/verm? The charcoal you used, is that just the stuff you can get at nurserys or bunnings?
How long did you steam your jars for in the pot? You would keep checking the water level yeah?
I was pretty keen on the pf tek when first reading up on shrooms but got put off when read so much people say you "have to" use a pc. You seem to have done well without one so i reckon ill give them a go.
Will have more questions later :)
Cheers

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
I got a lot of san pedro/peyote growing, can help you with any tips if needed. Peyote are actually surprisingly quick to grow when grafted, I am honestly not too sure what it does to the alkaloid content though when grafted.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
A 2:1:1 verm/brf/water works well.

The charcoal is the horticultral stuff from bunnings. With that i tend to go 1:1:0.5 ratio. Less water as the charcoal becomes a black paste..

I have a PC now so my jars usually run for 60-90min depending on what size jars. With a pot go for at least 2.5 hours. 3 would be better but don't let the pot boil dry and top with a kettle when needed. The whole point is for steam to sterilise the jars.

For grain spawn yes pc is a must. But pf are fine. Just takes longer.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I got a lot of san pedro/peyote growing, can help you with any tips if needed. Peyote are actually surprisingly quick to grow when grafted, I am honestly not too sure what it does to the alkaloid content though when grafted.

Cool man. I'm getting one trich and one bridgesii.
I'll keep you posted once the guy chops and dries the ends out for me.
I know people sell peyote pups on ebay.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
A few years back I did a lot of seeding and grafting of various lophophora willimasia varieties, I have a few large williamsia grafts with like 20+ pups. I also have a lot of different trichocerous species and specific named cultivars. Come spring time i'll be doing a fair bit of chopping so I could maybe help ya out with a few things. But this is a mushrrom thread i won't clog it up any further lol

Bakedcake

Vegetating
User ID
A few years back I did a lot of seeding and grafting of various lophophora willimasia varieties, I have a few large williamsia grafts with like 20+ pups. I also have a lot of different trichocerous species and specific named cultivars. Come spring time i'll be doing a fair bit of chopping so I could maybe help ya out with a few things. But this is a mushrrom thread i won't clog it up any further lol
Woooh start a new thread! :p

Top Bottom