BakedCake's Mushroom Cultivation Adventure

D

Deleted member cpr

Found this while walking today. Trippy looking thing.
20200510_133533.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
D

Deleted member cpr

Yeah that is trippy, looks like a type of morrell maybe?
I'm familiar with the morrell, picked and eaten heaps of them in SA. Nothing is going to make me put that sucker in my mouth. :)

Bakedcake

Vegetating
User ID
Progression on colonisation, very British of me haha.

Hopefully can case her in the weekend and get some mushrooms churning soon

Sorry photo taken from outside the tub, I try not to open it unless needed.

Damn Contam Country, Contams Everywhere!

IMG_8662.JPG

Bakedcake

Vegetating
User ID
So I decided to case the tub today.

Pasteurised the peat after getting it to field capacity.
1F09BDF4-E6AC-463B-BBD3-CD6996E278AF.jpeg
A casing layer is not always required but has been seen to increase yield in most cases. It has a few jobs though for a couple reasons why to have one - it provides a protective layer to stop the mycelium from drying out as well as a water reservoir for maturing mushrooms.
EAC99405-0D13-47CC-A8A6-265DD737649C.jpeg

Bakedcake

Vegetating
User ID
Ooooh good to hear mate, yeah still waiting for some action haha.

The Myc is starting to break through the casing layer, I did try to encourage fruiting by adding a layer of bubble wrap over the top layer a few days and removing. Myc had some orange-tinge in some places though reading doesn't seem an issue so fingers crossed.

Bakedcake

Vegetating
User ID
Well i thought i seen some pinning this morning so fingers crossed soon.

I will take a pic tomorrow, though i had some Mycelium piss around the edges so may be on the slight wet side.

All a waiting game as always.

In other news I have 1 last order of seeds arriving soon so will have the grow diary up again soon.

Bakedcake

Vegetating
User ID
Well unlucky for me checked today and seen some Trichoderma forming on the top, so no mushrooms for me this run :(

Will have to bury the cake and hop mother nature is able to push em out from the garden.

I still got quite a few trips left so Imay put the mushrooms on backburner for now, get the new grows going then get a new print. May do some Penis Envy next roll :p

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Shit to hear about the trich! My fisrt attempt at ub bags is underway but i reckon all 6 are contaminated, got a bit of smell to them so they will end up outside also.
Going to try some bags of pre steralised brf mix next, spawn them to bulk. There will be shrooms

Bakedcake

Vegetating
User ID
Nice bro, yeah is a fiddly thing. Well yes from my experience (as limited as it is) was all a numbers game for me as I didnt have a super sterile place to go.
I am keen to see how you go though Sooty -Hopefully i get some rogue ones popping up outside

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I thought i was ok with the sterility, used a little corner in the kitchen, no air flow, scrubbed up, wore a disposable plastic poncho, face mask,hair covered, arms were covered, everything sprayed and wiped down with iso multiple times, flame sterilized needle between each bag and worked within a sab. Fuck knows what went wrong but will keep trying. The brf bags im getting are a bit more coin but just inject and forget so fingers crossed they produce something 🍄🍄

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Who'd have thought producing mushrooms would be so difficult!

I was working at a place in the gold coast hinterland last year and a farmer there said the hippies would come in to his block at night as it always grew magic mushrooms. he didnt seem to care about the trespass, he said they always left the gates open so his cattle would wonder on to the road.

What time of year is Mushroom season?

Bakedcake

Vegetating
User ID
Who'd have thought producing mushrooms would be so difficult!

I was working at a place in the gold coast hinterland last year and a farmer there said the hippies would come in to his block at night as it always grew magic mushrooms. he didnt seem to care about the trespass, he said they always left the gates open so his cattle would wonder on to the road.

What time of year is Mushroom season?

Hahah indoors they are - its just the peskiness of staying clean.

Season is still now I would say, I still see them popping up around locally. Just need cool, humid weather like those dewey mornings

Top Bottom