Back to the veg patch.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
Nice chillis Pikey, I was also growing cayenne, bhut jolokia, and thai birds eyes. Cooked up 8 litres of Texas/Cinicinnati style chilli the other day. :D

I love making my own sauces.

This is the very last bottle of my first imitation tabasco sauce. It's pretty on par for heat, maybe a little more. Consistency/texture is on point as well, 100%. But tastewise is a million times better IMHO. I made it at the start of 2020. Filled about 10 of these bottles.

20211206_122353.jpg

These are the last two bottles (not including my opened one) that I have of this year's recipe. I've got the exact mix of chilis written down in my book but it's a lot of different super hots and some other 'regular' chilies plus some sweet ones and even capsicum. No veggies or garlic etc. Very powerful but extremely tasty. This batch sold out pretty much right away. I had to keep extras.

20211206_122308.jpg

Will probably do another batch later this month or early next year and create another recipe.

It's good fun and even more fun when you grow your own chilies but I've only done that a couple of times.

I love giving it away and selling it where I can.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Nice, I'm going to have to start making my own hot sauce. I've got a bunch of Trinidad Scorpion chilis in the freezer, and some others. I need to use them.

I like to add hot sauce into a jar of salsa to dip with corn chips but I ran out of Reaper-Acha and can't find any more. 1 teaspoon in the jar and it's hotter than most needs, sometimes too hot but still tasty enough to come back for more after your mouth stops burning. It gets you drunk too but only because you drink more while eating it 😂

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Got a fair bit of shit going on in the garden this year. So much upkeep I'm struggling to keep on top of it. Anyone else getting some decent fruit / veg atm?

View attachment 42866
most of my vegies have been harvested too hot now to start more but nows the time for growing sweet potatoes , watermelons pumpkins etc as long as I provide shade from the arvo sun and plenty of water I usually get an okay haul

Top Bottom