Back to the veg patch.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I stopped growing veggies probably ten years ago,,,so the old garden has become run down and severely neglected ,
View media item 4
View media item 3
The last couple of years saw it covered in a big pile of tree branches which were removed a few weeks back before the photos.
Here is a small plot which I'll be using as well
View media item 5
The level of the larger plot in the first pics used to be much higher so I'll be adding compost,manure and Coco,
Not enough to raise it much higher but should improve what I've got anyway.
View media item 2
Guess I better get out there today and do some work on it ,,
Maybe after a joint or two.😎

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I just got what I could ,,did pick up 4 more bags of composted manure and 4 bags of soil improver
Nowhere near enough to bring the height up much ,120 litres of brick coco that I didn't use ,,might use it as mulch.😎
Anyway half done ,
Pics,
Broad beans ,sugar snap peas and cabbage.
Turnip,swede,cauliflower and broccoli.
Spring onions and brown onions.
And some garlic that I found when digging the soil.IMG_4354.JPGIMG_4355.JPGIMG_4356.JPGIMG_4358.JPG

Last edited:

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
The panic buyers have bought every single packet of vegie seeds here where I am :oops: half the varieties they grabbed wont even grow
down here until next summer :sneaky::rolleyes: had to order online for a single packet of bloody spinach seeds

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
The seed collection is open but in high demand so orders are taking ten days to process,plus delivery time .

Yeah Itchy.,,that's the first thing I was gonna do ,,but slacked off ,,I did buy an extra airstone for that purpose last week so will get it happening now ,,,thanks for the unintentional kick up the arse that I needed.😊

Same with the worm supermarket,

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
another suggestion , if your interested

have you seen or heard of an " Air Lift Brewer "
seems to be a better way to build biology when brewing a compost tea
i used to have half dozen 50mm air stones in a 100lt barrel but have got
rid of them for the air lift system

20lt bucket version
200lt large barrel version

Tim Wilson website http://www.microbeorganics.com/#Poorboy_Microbulator this is the guy talking in the vids above
some cool info on his site & some good compost tea recipes

i can def recommend an electromagnetic air pump over a an aquarium air pump
i have one that hangs way above the barrel i brew in outdoors during summer it's
on 24/7 brewing or just aerating plain water till i use it , i went through 3 or 4 aquarium
air pumps B4 buying the electromagnetic that hasn't missed a beat

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Just gonna use the airstone at first ,,which I still haven't done yet.

Some of the garlic I found growing and replanted has come on ,,

Put some more garlic in water to root ,,didn't take long for roots to grow ,,so put them into a pot ,pic tomorrowIMG_4417.JPGbIMG_4418.JPG

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Cool stuff, Hope you like the taste of lemon grass they take over after a while. I had to get rid of mine, just wasn't using it enough and it got so big

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
moving along nicely sedge

any of you guys ever brought spring onions from the grocer & when home planted them in the ground to keep fresh , works well , they def root & keep growing , as long as they have roots to begin with which most do , they can get lanky if they stay in the ground for to long , the green part is still good but the white part can get a bit woody after a while , handy when they have a 2 for 1 deal at the grocer lol

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Yeah itchy I always do that that to keep it fresh ..dash of Grow nutes helps too.

Any herb that still has the roots left on.

Top Bottom