šŸ„ Sooty's shroom grow šŸ„

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Ferahgo

Seedling
User ID
Good looking crop so far!

The nutrient coco coir that you bought was pre-pausterised or did you do that before mixing with the grain spawn?

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
So this tub is still going. I had a second flush of mainly side pins from around the edges, didn't weigh this lot.
IMG_20200914_052108.jpg
After that harvest I didn't rehydrate and put the lid back on and put it in a dark cupboard to dispose of later. Forgot about it, seen it a week later and noticed new pins growing so got it back out, put into fruiting conditions and got a nice 95g wet 3rd flush IMG_20200924_154725.jpg
Approx 35g dry from this tub so far šŸ‘

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Very nice. Side pins have the ideal climate. Just wish the rest of the tub had it lol.

Forgotten flushes are the best. I thought after four that mine was done and left it and forgot to chuck it then came back and boom.

nici

Germinating
User ID
Looks good soot. It's been many years since I grew shrooms, where are you guys getting them from now days? The missus was just talking about doing them again the other day šŸ˜

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Looks good soot. It's been many years since I grew shrooms, where are you guys getting them from now days? The missus was just talking about doing them again the other day šŸ˜
Cheers. Got the spores from Reddit..

R3za92

Baked
User ID
So this tub is still going. I had a second flush of mainly side pins from around the edges, didn't weigh this lot.
View attachment 5547
After that harvest I didn't rehydrate and put the lid back on and put it in a dark cupboard to dispose of later. Forgot about it, seen it a week later and noticed new pins growing so got it back out, put into fruiting conditions and got a nice 95g wet 3rd flush View attachment 5548
Approx 35g dry from this tub so far šŸ‘

Very nice dude. Does look like you may have had some cobweb mould going on but doesnā€™t look like it caused any issues, instead of storing with liquid culture have you thought of going down the agar route and isolating some plates? LCā€™s have a tendency to become contaminated in the syringe and arenā€™t very sterile.

might have to get back into the shrooms and lay down some spores on agar after reading this šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤™šŸ¼

Clementine

Blooming
User ID
Have you tried growing these ones sooty?

Blue Meanies, aka Copenlandia Cyan.

They are amongst the most potent of the magic mushroom specimens.

I've found em before growing in cow shit after heavy rains in summer, in the hills.

Attachments

• 828045198-22641852_10159606787955096_135395533_o.jpg
    828045198-22641852_10159606787955096_135395533_o.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 3

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Have you tried growing these ones sooty?

Blue Meanies, aka Copenlandia Cyan.

They are amongst the most potent of the magic mushroom specimens.

I've found em before growing in cow shit after heavy rains in summer, in the hills.
Are they recent finds. Well done. Did you take spore prints of them?

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Very nice dude. Does look like you may have had some cobweb mould going on but doesnā€™t look like it caused any issues, instead of storing with liquid culture have you thought of going down the agar route and isolating some plates? LCā€™s have a tendency to become contaminated in the syringe and arenā€™t very sterile.

might have to get back into the shrooms and lay down some spores on agar after reading this šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤™šŸ¼
Cheers! I did have a go with the agar plates, I bought some pre made ones and most of em rocked up with contaminants already so that wasn't much good, did have a couple successful ones but put them away and forgot about them šŸ˜’
I don't have a dedicated clean area to work in and I kinda lost interest. Will have another play one day. I went a bit silly buying spore syringes a while back and still have quite a few left in the fridge, if anyone wants some feel free to ask and maybe we can work something out

Top Bottom