ASX and general share trading advice thread

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
That's interesting because I thought 1or 2 x GPU home mining became unprofitable at least 6 years ago, Bitcoin at least. I didn't mine other than the very early days but I do know Dogecoin basically doubled the electricity bill with a Radeon HD7850 about 5 years ago or whenever Jackson launched
Here’s the gpu profitably list

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Cheers, the 3090 is around $2000-3000 though, what are your estimates for ROI, etc?

Including difficulty of mining increasing as years go buy, obviously
Also a valid point. Roi on grow gear is generally 1 decent harvest 😂 growing seems to be the best investment as long as it remains a black or even grey market.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Also a valid point.
Yeah I'm not having a go at the or anything, if they crunch the numbers they might be losing out in the long term. Or not, who knows.

I don't know enough about their situation.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Yeah I'm not having a go, if they crunch the numbers they might be losing out in the long term. Or not, who knows.

I don't know enough about their situation.
There’s too many variables and costs for me. Also the fact it’s digital and there’s literally a public ledger of transactions means it’s hard to hide from the tax man long term vs a cash side hustle. Tax around crypto is a cunt, all capital gains even on the shit you mine.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Cheers, the 3090 is around $2000-3000 though, what are your estimates for ROI, etc?

Including difficulty of mining increasing as years go buy, obviously
6 months it took me with the money I made i bought dogecoin at 0.07cents now it’s @0.30

Based on that link why aren’t you mining eth?
I use nicehash they mine ETH and pay you out in BTC

There’s too many variables and costs for me. Also the fact it’s digital and there’s literally a public ledger of transactions means it’s hard to hide from the tax man long term vs a cash side hustle. Tax around crypto is a cunt, all capital gains even on the shit you mine.
lol yes it dose have a public ledger thats how crypto works but no names no phone numbers are connected to me all you need is an email to sign up all my crypto is hidden in a ledger nano s government doesn’t know what I have and you only need to pay tax if you cash out into stupid government money 5 to 10 years you’ll be able to buy whatever you want in crypto fuck the banks and their money

Last edited:

R3za92

Baked
User ID
6 months it took me with the money I made i bought dogecoin at 0.07cents now it’s @0.30

I use nicehash they mine ETH and pay you out in BTC

lol yes it dose have a public ledger thats how crypto works but no names no phone numbers are connected to me all you need is an email to sign up all my crypto is hidden in a ledger nano s government doesn’t know what I have and you only need to pay tax if you cash out into stupid government money 5 to 10 years you’ll be able to buy whatever you want in crypto fuck the banks and their money
False. You have to pay tax anytime you trade crypto even if you trade 1 coin for another or you use it to make a purchase. you also have to pay tax if a coin has increased in value since you’ve mined it since that’s a capital gains.

the tax office has really only been going after crypto in the last 2 years and they’re getting better at it so if I was you I’d make sure your paying the correct tax. The tax man will fuck you up. They have access to super computers that can easily analyse block chain data and I doubt they’d have any problem linking an email, IP address and service provider back to you. Hell I purchased crypto 4+ years back and used it for a seed purchase and the tax office still asks me about it and I only used an email as well.

Last edited:

R3za92

Baked
User ID
stupid government money 5 to 10 years you’ll be able to buy whatever you want in crypto fuck the banks and their money
Crypto guys have been saying this for nearly 10 years yet I still can’t walk into the supermarket and buy a packet of smokes with crypto

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
False. You have to pay tax anytime you trade crypto even if you trade 1 coin for another or you use it to make a purchase. you also have to pay tax if a coin has increased in value since you’ve mined it since that’s a capital gains.

the tax office has really only been going after crypto in the last 2 years and they’re getting better at it so if I was you I’d make sure your paying the correct tax. The tax man will fuck you up. They have access to super computers that can easily analyse block chain data and I doubt they’d have any problem linking an email, IP address and service provider back to you. Hell I purchased crypto 4+ years back and used it for a seed purchase and the tax office still asks me about it and I only used an email as well.

I don’t know about what your talking about got any proof

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Anyway today is another good day my portfolio just keeps going up

Attachments

• B9EC720D-29FF-4D75-8753-A6F4073D0E3E.png
    B9EC720D-29FF-4D75-8753-A6F4073D0E3E.png
    225.2 KB · Views: 3

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I

All my crypto is hidden anyway I use dex exchanges
You say that but screwing with the tax man is worse than screwing with the afp. Also no time limit they can come back on you for it. Hence why I prefer cash side hustles. Tax debt is a cunt and anything online is becoming easier and easier for the grubment to track.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
You say that but screwing with the tax man is worse than screwing with the afp. Also no time limit they can come back on you for it. Hence why I prefer cash side hustles. Tax debt is a cunt and anything online is becoming easier and easier for the grubment to track.
Yea I know man fucking tax man and the government are fucked can’t wait till my new side hustle is up and running

Top Bottom