Aye’s Cacti Grows

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Thanks. Yeah I know it’s a long game with growing from seeds but it’s a really cool idea to have an entire psychedelic garden one day.
And yeah I’ve read about the effects of overwatering. That’s why I used the punnets. Better drainage.

How often do you water that guy?
Once every month or so through spring and summer. Once or twice over winter. It’ll get a new pot during next spring.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Yeah wow. I should start slowing down on the water then. I’ve been doing it once a week. But it had dried a lot and never took to the soil I had before I repotted it. The soil I have now has worked heaps better. Maybe the extra water helped it root better too. But I’ll stop the weekly waters then.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Yeah wow. I should start slowing down on the water then. I’ve been doing it once a week. But it had dried a lot and never took to the soil I had before I repotted it. The soil I have now has worked heaps better. Maybe the extra water helped it root better too. But I’ll stop the weekly waters then.
As seedlings they take more from the air than soil. Don’t be worried about letting it dry right out. Especially through winter. I barely water mine over autumn/winter.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
So after being gifted some pereskiopsis (thanks heaps btw)
I managed to get them to develop roots. I water soaked them for a few days then potted them. But the pots kept looking dry so I did some research and built a humidity chamber for them. So hopefully I’ll see good growth from now on.
0910E063-17EF-42B3-B2B1-01C6035159AF.jpeg5D878B81-AF69-459C-81D2-C49B460DB908.jpeg012B1E7A-0988-42B9-A6EF-30B4C0BC7675.jpeg67D318AB-7660-4FD1-B076-7FFB289FA261.jpeg4D80712E-C926-4ED7-8661-29D33C171962.jpeg

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Alrighty. So new tek!!
I have started some pachanoi seeds courtesy of one of you kind gents.
This time I’m using a varied approach to see any difference. Hopefully they all germinate.
I have put the seeds into plastic cups. Some cups I poked holes in the bottom, some I didn’t. Two have dome lids with micro pore tape covering the top, the others have cling wrap which I’ll poke holes if needed.
I have sown and mist the seeds then placed in a seedling tray. Then poured water in tray to bottom water. Hopefully that will be all the water they need for a while.
Let me know what you all think.
DA1E41BD-A02B-423B-A8BB-CAF4693282BC.jpeg8E5F5E64-DCD0-4C1E-B1DA-E875E822D32C.jpeg9A494967-16E1-4D9F-8217-1D6BF68A0D0B.jpeg

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
It’s been awhile updating this thread. But that’s because the last germination attempts completely failed. Maybe the seeds just weren’t viable. Maybe the temps were too cold. But I’m going to try a new batch soon.

I also grafted some seedlings to the pereskiopsis too but they never took. Again maybe the cold. Maybe just bad technique. I have two seedlings left of San Pedro and peyote.
image.jpgimage.jpg I’ll attempt another grafting over the weekend or early next week.
At least lockdown has given me more time for these hobbies.

The grafting stock actually started new growth it’s been that neglected. But before winter I did take three cuttings off them to double my pereskiopsis stock.
image.jpg

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Nice mate, keep at it with grafting of the seedlings it isn't the easiest of things. I used glad wrap pulled down over the top of the graft and a rubber band to secure the little grafts firmly as well as keep them moist until they take.

Also can keep those pereskiopsis very wet, if you got some warm temps in that box they will grow quicker!

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Nice mate, if you wan't lots of pups can give it the old chop hehe

Hate to break it to you but that isn't a true san pedro the spines are too big, also uneven growth on the top

Looks like it's potentially a trichocereus bridgesii or a hybrid.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Nice mate, if you wan't lots of pups can give it the old chop hehe

Hate to break it to you but that isn't a true san pedro the spines are too big, also uneven growth on the top

Looks like it's potentially a trichocereus bridgesii or a hybrid.
I’ll be chopping and growing it for sure.

Yeah I know it’s not a true San Pedro. I just call it that. The dude I got it from wasn’t certain either.

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Mate, you are an avid gardener.

You pretty much grow a blokes staple diet of dope and psychedelic cactus and mushrooms. What about a distillery or home brew? ;)

I might look into these other options to grow, be right up my alley.

Too much downtime farming just the one crop in my 2 little spaces. I need more!

Can't wait until I hit retirement age, and tinker around all day in my various 'Gardens.'

Madmick

Baked
User ID
That would be nice wouldn't it

Unfortunately that's not how it works out , when you get old your body gets old to

The mind still thinks it can do what you used to be able to , but the body doesn't co operate

Don't wait till you get old , get that stuff done now

1 good days work means a week of agony for me

Even on a good day it's still hard to climb out of bed

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Mate, you are an avid gardener.

You pretty much grow a blokes staple diet of dope and psychedelic cactus and mushrooms. What about a distillery or home brew? ;)

I might look into these other options to grow, be right up my alley.

Too much downtime farming just the one crop in my 2 little spaces. I need more!

Can't wait until I hit retirement age, and tinker around all day in my various 'Gardens.'
So I don’t know how I have the time myself.
Three young kids. Full time job. Only late 30s.
Guess it’s adult adhd that drives along.

I wanted to make home brew too. Even have the coopers kits. In its box. 😂

Top Bottom