Hash Making

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Looks a bit green some of it, to many runs thru ?
yeah i think so..5 washes in total, got greener and greener and less with each run...

might stick to 3 washes in the future?

any tips welcomed...

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
yeah i think so..5 washes in total, got greener and greener and less with each run...

might stick to 3 washes in the future?

any tips welcomed...
2 washes for me stays pretty clean.
How long did you wash for ?

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
1st one 5min..

2,3,4 and 5, 15min
Great effort for first use of the machine.
Each time gets different results.
Also, I find that using cleaner material gets cleaner results. I try to give a rough trim beforehand to improve the end quality.
I will separate the rough trim into 2 batches and run apart.
I will do 5min 1st run and about 10 min 2nd run.
Depending on what I see on the second run, I may do a third run for edibles.

Maybe the green matter is baby poop from prior use ?

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
If you want real green bubble try fresh frozen. ;) I made the mistake of trimming a Raspberry Beret first. Water was a beautiful deep purple amazing smells but the hash was bright green!! Since discovered dont cut anything if possible on a fresh frozen wash so the chlorophyl doesn't leech.

It slightly cleared as it dried and cured and surprisingly after squeezing it, the rosin still ended up that dark honey colour.

Cannacraft420

Germinating
User ID
Nice run Dotts. I learned a lot about how to minimise the green hash after watching Frenchy. he talks about the action of the ice being like a grinder, breaking off tiny parts of the plant material, and mentions to listen to the sound - you want to barely hear any ice clunking when starting the wash. The water motion is enough to knock the heads off if it’s cold enough. I saw a video where he says he had washed up to 8 times and still got clean (not green) hash.

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
This tray comes in real handy when trimming. Catches all the trichomes that normally fall onto the floor. Great to topdress a bong or compress into a nice sticky ball.
We call it "Brain Sand"
It all gets another clean before use, don't like smoking dog hairs.

cc - Copy.jpg
c - Copy.jpg

This pile of Brain Sand below will get resifted to give a clean product.
ccc - Copy.jpg

Top Bottom