Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I reckon the volatiles would have aired off ,,,if that’s the right term .,,anything else would break down and probably feed the soil like any mulch,,
lotsa plants have oils to varying degrees and the can be mulched or composted.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
i think they are springtails , hard to see in the vid so you should google them & have a look & see if that description matches

generally they are composters , Some species will eat plant roots but most of the time they are good guys (y)
Thanks mate good diagnosis that's them just had a read their the good guys

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
i've seen this before but can not say what it is exactly
i have speculated
it could be light intensity but you would think all the top of the plant would be doing the same thing , although because light reflects off surfaces there could be hot spots around your grow space , i thought if i turned the pot around 25 or 50% so a different leaf was in the same spot where the twisted leaf once was , it would have the same effect but it didn't

could it be PH , if so why isn't the whole plant effected

soil nutrient tox , some roots have grown into some nutrients that hadn't mix in very well , mmmmm maybe but don't think so

microbials / soil dwellers , i thought this was likely , something had a chew on a root & it showed on a leaf or 2 , still not completely sold on this idea

the good news is anytime i've seen it i never seen it hit the whole plant & it never seemed cause any major issue that caused a loss of health & the flow on effect to growth & final yield

so keep an eye on it but don't sweat it is my opinion , see if anyone else has had any other experiences

Hudo

Baked
User ID
i've seen this before but can not say what it is exactly
i have speculated
it could be light intensity but you would think all the top of the plant would be doing the same thing , although because light reflects off surfaces there could be hot spots around your grow space , i thought if i turned the pot around 25 or 50% so a different leaf was in the same spot where the twisted leaf once was , it would have the same effect but it didn't

could it be PH , if so why isn't the whole plant effected

soil nutrient tox , some roots have grown into some nutrients that hadn't mix in very well , mmmmm maybe but don't think so

microbials / soil dwellers , i thought this was likely , something had a chew on a root & it showed on a leaf or 2 , still not completely sold on this idea

the good news is anytime i've seen it i never seen it hit the whole plant & it never seemed cause any major issue that caused a loss of health & the flow on effect to growth & final yield

so keep an eye on it but don't sweat it is my opinion , see if anyone else has had any other experiences
Now I think about it I watered 2 days ago with canna bio just because I can't leave shit alone I just got back from bunnings with a soil PH test kit to rule that out in coco the finger point at CalMg I get a bit of leaf twist if I don't buffer the coco. I should add all 4 have done it since I watered with canna bio 🤔

Last edited:

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Another thing to consider, Leaves will generally undergo a change in morphology as the plant reaches sexual maturity. My uneducated hypothesis is that a hormonal shift usually causes a bit leaf twisting and minor mutation as the plant transitions into a different hormonal/metabolic state.

I usually get that subtle twist and a few slight mutations around pre flower or just before when the leaves start to transition into a thinner blade profile from their original veg profile.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I only had time to re pot 2 of them today but what shocked me was how fat the roots were. In hydro or coco most of the roots are fine. These fuckers reminded me of bean sprouts they were thick fuckers

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Another thing to consider, Leaves will generally undergo a change in morphology as the plant reaches sexual maturity. My uneducated hypothesis is that a hormonal shift usually causes a bit leaf twisting and minor mutation as the plant transitions into a different hormonal/metabolic state.

I usually get that subtle twist and a few slight mutations around pre flower or just before when the leaves start to transition into a thinner blade profile from their original veg profile.
Yeah if plant looks otherwise healthy, this is probably the most likely explanation

Top Bottom