What Are You Watching?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I like this cunt!!
He'll give Bob Brown a run as best leader of the Greens!!
Yeah, the more I look at what he has to say, the more I'm liking him too. He caught my attention when I saw a viddie he did using rice to illustrate the obscene inequality of wealth vs tax paid in this country. I thought it was pretty good and my niece (18), who's pretty non-political, commented that he explained it well & made it easy to understand. I was impressed with that, as she'd managed to block out my previous "grumpy old man rants" on the subject :ROFLMAO:

I like his ideas on "dental & mental" (as he put it) being brought into the scope of medicare. I've always thought it fuckin' ridiculous that if I break my leg they'll fix it gratis. But if I need a tooth filled or pulled, I either pay my own way (if I can afford it) or wait for 2 years to see a student dentist. Or, go down the road I did, and pull your own. Only to find out why they invented novocaine😱😂🤣

Anyway, here's his spiel from the NPCA the other day:
View attachment Adam Bandt - Greens Dental policy.webm

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yeah, the more I look at what he has to say, the more I'm liking him too. He caught my attention when I saw a viddie he did using rice to illustrate the obscene inequality of wealth vs tax paid in this country. I thought it was pretty good and my niece (18), who's pretty non-political, commented that he explained it well & made it easy to understand. I was impressed with that, as she'd managed to block out my previous "grumpy old man rants" on the subject :ROFLMAO:

I like his ideas on "dental & mental" (as he put it) being brought into the scope of medicare. I've always thought it fuckin' ridiculous that if I break my leg they'll fix it gratis. But if I need a tooth filled or pulled, I either pay my own way (if I can afford it) or wait for 2 years to see a student dentist. Or, go down the road I did, and pull your own. Only to find out why they invented novocaine😱😂🤣

Anyway, here's his spiel from the NPCA the other day:
View attachment 23073
David Schubridge is another decent green.
They have an almost open door migration policy that I'm not a fan of what so ever and they want to lock up national parks for almost anything but walking. Other than that most of their policy's make sense.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
They have an almost open door migration policy that I'm not a fan of whatsoever.

As long as the migrants are skilled or willing to work, I have no problem with it.

Our birth rate is not so crash hot and you need a growing population for strong economic growth, kids grow up they need to buy houses, you need people to build houses, roads & bridges to the houses, hospitals, schools, water infrastructure, public transport, etc.

We became the lucky country from rapid immigration, we also had a post war baby boom but since, each generation of families (migrants included) are getting smaller.

244536454_236988965146294_4019497421317038089_n.jpg

So how do we grow the population? The baby bonus only increased the number of household plasma TV's so we need to bring in migrants to give us a good economy and you can blame our consumerism based economic model.

If you’re looking for a developed country that seems to be entirely recession-proof, go to Australia.
Aus. has enjoyed 27 years of uninterrupted economic growth since its last recession, no other developed economy even comes close.
Aus. doesn’t have a particularly high fertility rate, the majority of Australia’s success comes from immigration

The World’s First Immigration Economy - Australia’s economy is addicted to immigration, requiring ever-increasing infusions of new people to stave off an inevitable collapse.

j

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
As long as the migrants are skilled I have no problem with it.

Our birth rate is not so crash hot and you need a growing population for strong economic growth, kids grow up they need to buy houses, you need people to build houses, etc.

We became the lucky country from rapid immigration, we also had a post war baby boom but since, each generation of families (migrants included) are getting smaller.

View attachment 23086

So how do we grow the population? The baby bonus only increased the number of household plasma TV's so we need to bring in migrants to give us a good economy and you can blame our consumerism based economic model.

If you’re looking for a developed country that seems to be entirely recession-proof, go to Australia.
Aus. has enjoyed 27 years of uninterrupted economic growth since its last recession, no other developed economy even comes close.
Aus. doesn’t have a particularly high fertility rate, the majority of Australia’s success comes from immigration

The World’s First Immigration Economy - Australia’s economy is addicted to immigration, requiring ever-increasing infusions of new people to stave off an inevitable collapse.

j
We need to stop the more people and endless growth mentality and look at something more sustainable!!

Not just Australia but the human race!!

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Not just Australia but the human race!!

The human race is over-rated; we're mammals and one thing all mammals have in common, (when you look at all that have existed) is extinction, we're not going to be around forever.

Rid the planet of animals, humans die.
Rid the planet of humans, animals thrive.

j

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
David Schubridge is another decent green.
They have an almost open door migration policy that I'm not a fan of what so ever and they want to lock up national parks for almost anything but walking. Other than that most of their policy's make sense.
What else would you do in it.

I don’t have a problem with dirt bikes but they can do a fair bit of damage around parks. But there’s also a lot of state Forrests trails for them to ride around in.

I understand the camping issues as a lot of people are fucking slobs who ruin it for everyone. Just take your rubbish with you. I used to take 30-40 kids at a time camping in a National park and still managed to not leave a piece of rubbish around.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
They do need to strike a balance, and people have to change their ways. How they're going to achieve that i wouldn't know though. I gave up camping in National Parks 30 years ago due to the yobbish behaviour of a few.

Last edited:
Top Bottom