Upsize tent - is my light still right?

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
Looking at grabbing a bigger tent for flowering.

Interested in a minimum of 4x4 but was also thinking 5x5.

Am I right in thinking my light will still be right for both of these this size tents?

HLG 350 R Diablo light

Specs say:
Flowering Footprint3' x 5' at 30"
Veg Footprint5' x 5' at 48”

Or do I need to upgrade to something like the HLG 600 R Spec...

Specs say:
Flowering Footprint5' x 5' at 28"
Veg Footprint6' x 6' at 40”

Thanks.

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
I’ve got a brand new jungle room 1.2x1.2x2 in the box unopened if you do decide to go with a 4x4 tent can do for 200

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Comes down to how much you want to max out that tent.

the 350r wont be close to maxing out the 4x4 the sides of the tent will be a fair bit dimmer. going to a 5x5 i wouldnt be using anything less than 600w of LED if you want a decent spread to the walls

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Looking at grabbing a bigger tent for flowering.

Interested in a minimum of 4x4 but was also thinking 5x5.

Am I right in thinking my light will still be right for both of these this size tents?

HLG 350 R Diablo light

Specs say:
Flowering Footprint3' x 5' at 30"
Veg Footprint5' x 5' at 48”

Or do I need to upgrade to something like the HLG 600 R Spec...

Specs say:
Flowering Footprint5' x 5' at 28"
Veg Footprint6' x 6' at 40”

Thanks.
Buy another diablo light the same as you have. Will be perfect in 1.5x1.5 or 1.2x1.2

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
Comes down to how much you want to max out that tent.

the 350r wont be close to maxing out the 4x4 the sides of the tent will be a fair bit dimmer. going to a 5x5 i wouldnt be using anything less than 600w of LED if you want a decent spread to the walls
Ok, great thanks, mate. I want to put 4 plants in the bigger tent. Be that 4x4 or 5x5 and I don't want to be too cramped.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Two of them won't be overkill? Would I still run them both 100% during flower?
Yeah definitely in the 1.5m if ya go that option. Probably not in a 1.2m might have em both at 80% or something like that.
You'd have to have a play around and see what works best.
Just get the 1.5m tent mate the more room the better.

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
Yeah definitely in the 1.5m if ya go that option. Probably not in a 1.2m might have em both at 80% or something like that.
You'd have to have a play around and see what works best.
Just get the 1.5m tent mate the more room the better.
Shit - should I be running it 100% in my current tent then?

I'm definitely leaning toward the 1.5 mate. My only other thing is I don't know what brands of tents I should be looking at. My 2x4 is Gorilla but it wasn't cheap - open to opinions on brands...

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
According to the website, they're sold out until next month. Which is in line with when I'd need it.
2 of those diablo lights in a 1.5m tent would be a killer setup mate!!
Don't get the other light your just going backwards in technology. Not that the Rspec is bad I have the same lights and love em but the new diablo are an even better light!!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Shit - should I be running it 100% in my current tent then?

I'm definitely leaning toward the 1.5 mate. My only other thing is I don't know what brands of tents I should be looking at. My 2x4 is Gorilla but it wasn't cheap - open to opinions on brands...
Yeah keep it at 100% if you notice signs of light burn turn it down a bit. With how short ya plant is it will be fine.
I've got a seahawk tent it's middle of the range. It's a decent tent no light leaks and a decent thickness.
Like most things quality relates to price. If ya got the coin get another gorilla they are one of the best.
Mate has a mammoth and it's very good quality.

Top Bottom