two spotted spider mites and buds?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

thylacinelives

Vegetating
User ID
Thanks for your help and advice @afghan bob
I have purchased litmus strips and a new ph. pen. Flushed the babies slightly with ph. water (tested 3 ways) and the big girls got flushed until they ran clear. They looked pretty sad for a few days but have now pulled up and looks like I may only lose two seedling, which have been limp since and shown no improvement. The other babies are starting to grow and green up from the pasty yellow.

Attachments

• ph.jpg
    ph.jpg
    771.8 KB · Views: 14
  • ph2.jpg
    ph2.jpg
    815.1 KB · Views: 15

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
I'm running perlite and clay in a recirculating setup, works great but need to keep a good eye on it for ph swings and mechanical failures. So far it's been flawless to be honest. Reason for it; I was sick of having pest infestations from soil, lost a couple of grows in the past.
Also crazy fast growth compared to soil (at least from what I'm capable of anyway)

Coco/perlite at 50/50 mix is very forgiving also. Can't really overwater it once beyond seedling stage, just be sure to buy decent cal/mag buffered coco and be onto ph/ec when feeding (don't get lazy)

Soil is great when you have a good mix and get your moisture levels spot on. Some great pot grown on soil indoors!!

I think stick with one style and try and figure it out. Pros and cons to all

thylacinelives

Vegetating
User ID
Seriously, WTF is going on with my girls!
It is not ph, well I hope not or all of my meters and strips are reading wrong!
I am thinking it is the nutes I'm using, should never have changed brands. Had great results with Ozi Magic, and the hydro store suggested Professors Nutrient, their organic range. So purchased them and had nothing but issues!
Was reading and thinking a phosphorus deficiency? The leaves are very crispy and dry.
Any advice as I'm at my wits end! Don't want to lose this grow too!

Oh and the little bastards are back. Only babies but they got a soaking of neem oil, next few days it will be Eco oil.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    680.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 12
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 12

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I am thinking it is the nutes I'm using, should never have changed brands. Had great results with Ozi Magic, and the hydro store suggested Professors Nutrient, their organic range. So purchased them and had nothing but issues!
Was reading and thinking a phosphorus deficiency? The leaves are very crispy and dry.

Oh and the little bastards are back. Only babies but they got a soaking of neem oil, next few days it will be Eco oil.
Are they in soil mate??
They look very over watered.

One Drop

Curing
User ID

I can see lots of Nitrogen draw down from the straw mulch on the pot tops it's sucking up N as it compost down I'd remove it never need mulch it's 10 week crop .

thylacinelives

Vegetating
User ID
I can see lots of Nitrogen draw down from the straw mulch on the pot tops it's sucking up N as it compost down I'd remove it never need mulch it's 10 week crop .
Hmm, first time I have used a mulch and did wonder. There are conflicting reports if it does drain Nitrogen. I will remove it was a minor concern. The main reason I used it was to prevent the leaves splashing as I thought I original had leaf Septoria, but turned out to be pH. or now could be the Sugar Cane. Maybe that is where the little blighters have come from again!

thylacinelives

Vegetating
User ID
Professors Nutrient, their organic range. Ph out at 4-5. Have you added ph up to 6-6.5 ? Also Do you check ph on water/ nutes before watering them?
Maybe a ph issue..?
Yeah I do check ph. I have purchased a new ph pen and some test strips and all reading relatively accurate. I have been using their feeding chart which says ph at 5.6 - 6.4, which I have kept around the 6.0 mark. Yes I have ph up and down and use to adjust ph at an average temp of 18c.

PS: the ph issue was bought to my attention earlier in a post but as yet can not seem to get this under control.

Attachments

• feeding schedule.jpg
    feeding schedule.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 8

One Drop

Curing
User ID
Yes sorry not great dumb big fingers in small screed .... Didn't like it at all the Reiziger I'm not going back to anything else . Od .

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID

Please explain this nutrient drawdown? soil needs a mulch layer.

Top Bottom