two spotted spider mites and buds?

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
looks like salt toxicity from too much Nute build up.
Also signs of magnesium deficiency all linked .
Do you water till run off?
What's your water read out of the tap?ec
No mulch !
No teas!
Your making it way harder than it needs to be !
Try flushing with ph water 5.5
Then next watering third strength nutes too run off nothing else .
Then we'll see what they look like✌🏻

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
go back to a synthetic base nutes. Give em a new feed ph'd properly at full strength and wait.

Nitrogen drawdown isn't anything to worry about with mulch, there isn't enough surface area in contact with the media for it to be an issue.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
yeah the nitrogen drain, don't agree

Muclh inside , whatever medium, disagree especially in winter

Your soil needs to breathe indoors

Imo to high ec has caused a ph in balance, they hungry and due to the lack of natural evaporation the medium in too wet which isn't helping

One Drop

Curing
User ID
it’s the breaking down action as it compost it draws up Nitrogen away from your plant as the mulch breaks down . And no soil dose not need a layer mulch at all mate . Regards OD

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
This is simple science just study your leaves they give you all the answers .there are heaps of reference material. ✌🏻

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
Ask Gazza, he's got the coco/perlite going good atm, they looked worse than your ones for a while there
your getting lots of differant/conflicting advice in this thread lol

thylacinelives

Vegetating
User ID
looks like salt toxicity from too much Nute build up.
Also signs of magnesium deficiency all linked .
Do you water till run off?
What's your water read out of the tap?ec
No mulch !
No teas!
Your making it way harder than it needs to be !
Try flushing with ph water 5.5
Then next watering third strength nutes too run off nothing else .
Then we'll see what they look like✌🏻
Don;t have an ec meter, only just heard about ec and what it is about. 4 years never had an issue not using one.

I use carbon filtered water and let stand an hour or so before checking ph, and after adding the nutes.
No, I do not water until run off, I water 'til heavy'ish.
This grow has a new tent, new medium, and all pots were washed in a neem oil solution.
Why no mulch or teas? I need a reason so I understand or I won't learn. ;-)
every second watering is just ph'd to 5.8-6.2.

I am wondering if spraying the neem mix during light hours may have done some damage? Until I read a few comments to do it just before lights out.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
U answered one yourself not watering with any run off , this is basics in passive hydroponic coco choir growing .look it up ! Salt build up!
Basic coco choir grow no mulch ! There's a million references out there don't take my word for it!
I'm no expert but know the basics and have been doing it a long time.No mulch !u just don't need it!
Not to mention it isn't sterile so bring it inside is shooting yourself in the foot! Bugs etc💡
Yes spraying lights on will burn their ass even just water!( like a million little magnifying glasses burning away)
And def with neem!
Teas are generally not used in coco set up because it's not ideal.
If your serious you need your basic tools ec pen /meter and ph test I use flair form dropper bottle! That's it!
Test your water ec first before any thing .
So you know your base ec.
Try ph 5.5 for a start.
Mostly keep it simple and basic .dont mix different grow tech.
Until u have more experience.
That's fine no problem✌🏻

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
So, Always feed to run off with coco 10 - 20%, always feed with nutrients. Not skipping every 2nd day.

+1 on bringing bad bugs in with mulch, it also just isn't necessary.

You can spray lights on just be careful if you have high temps with lights on, and watch out with oil based sprays.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah not sure why but if ure using that eco-neem seems 2 burn more than cold pressed neem
I made mistake of using in day time outdoors and looked like i hit em with blowtorch
As previously mentioned by my enlightened superiors, i would always feed 2 a decent amount of run-off in co=co
One good thing about having e.c pen is 2 check on salt build-up
Some ppl don't use em or p.h their water..........must be gifted by god:)

thylacinelives

Vegetating
User ID
Yeah not sure why but if ure using that eco-neem seems 2 burn more than cold pressed neem
I made mistake of using in day time outdoors and looked like i hit em with blowtorch
As previously mentioned by my enlightened superiors, i would always feed 2 a decent amount of run-off in co=co
One good thing about having e.c pen is 2 check on salt build-up
Some ppl don't use em or p.h their water..........must be gifted by god:)
I have the neem meal which is mixed in with the soil and have been drenching pots and plants every third day.
And yes, in the middle of the day with 28c in the tent and humidity of 50% or there about.
I have just run thru 5.5 ph water until running clear, was pretty dark and tested at 6.1
I will wait a day or two before I give them a hit with the eco oil. and at lights out!

thylacinelives

Vegetating
User ID
What a sight for sore eyes. Nothing better than opening up a tent and seeing green! My girls are getting better thanks to everyone's input and a special thanks to @Oldfark. (y)
Still need more care but never lost one girl :)

Attachments

• girsl today.jpg
    girsl today.jpg
    693.4 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom