Tumble trimmers

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Here's my scissors

probably pass these down as a family heir lume , can't believe whining about trimming

Suck it up , better to have to trim than have nothing

Is there a app that will do it ? View attachment 12798
Nothing wrong with searching for easier ways of doing stuff, especially when a less than $50 diy project might save you a huge amount of time that you can spend with your family or doing whatever. It's all scale dependent really and everyone's situation and home life/spare time maybe different. Each to there own, I'm always looking for better ways of doing many tasks in my day to day life.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sugar

Baked
User ID
There are a Japanese scissor that are coated to prevent sticking but apparently it still inevitability happens. 70 bucks can't remember the brand just now
titanium tip? I think that is but there are a couple of great Japanese steel scissors recommended.

Mate said this about them:

Chikamasa T552 or the Oksinto Pro H420.

I have both and they are top notch, sharp blades, pointed tip to get deep inside the buds and light spring action to reduce hand ache.

The Chikamasa are usually 10-15 quid

The Oksinto are around 10 quid.

Made from Japanese steel rather than titanium, but no issue with blades gumming up.

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Anything mechanical that spins ,robs your precious trichomes ,coffee grinder,spinner trimmer etc.
I like triches to stay on flowers.✌✂️
If you are catching those robbed trichomes and turning Trim into hash than you really aren't losing much at all. Big chunky top colas I have still hand trimmed, this is gonna he used for everything else (aka all the tedious little bits)Will take macro shots of buds before tumble and after, of course they are gonna drop some trichs it's inevitable

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Others also use disposable type ones like this:
IMG_10922.JPG
Them clippers are great, brought myself a pair from Bunnings. Not jinjian kind but similar

vostok

Blooming
User ID
iu

it wood be fair to say that the protectors of your society will be more interested
in the trim machine users than the manual operators method?

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
So I finally built my knock off toms tumble trimmer! It's not perfect but essentially it pretty much should do the same job. It was a quick and easy build. So I have just run about 1elbow (prob more) through it in two goes and found after a ten minute tumble it has reduced a bit of work but still definitely need a hand trim to finish it all off nice and tidy. Judging from my eye the trichome loss isn't catastrophic by any stretch and yes there is definitely a hash build up inside the tub so obviously plenty goes flying. However the shake will make some lovely bubble material I suspect.
These next two pics are the pre tumble shots
8FBDF1B7-E6ED-45F0-981F-B187E49CD871.jpeg13E81015-8D81-4A26-8C64-86B0F407795C.jpeg728C2924-3AA6-46DE-A07F-2DF16E43375E.jpeg
Some post tumble bud pics75693446-3AB5-4784-B696-40F48F3D4D7F.jpeg3C3A0E50-CA7F-4885-A6F6-2990EEF098BE.jpeg
EF46AD45-D9E0-4655-9160-7E4911F793CD.jpeg
The tumbler in actionView attachment IMG_5653.MOV
The Catch tub after About 1.5lb38507F38-24AA-45B7-85D4-E9F2C02AE3B6.jpeg

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
So I finally built my knock off toms tumble trimmer! It's not perfect but essentially it pretty much should do the same job. It was a quick and easy build. So I have just run about 1elbow (prob more) through it in two goes and found after a ten minute tumble it has reduced a bit of work but still definitely need a hand trim to finish it all off nice and tidy. Judging from my eye the trichome loss isn't catastrophic by any stretch and yes there is definitely a hash build up inside the tub so obviously plenty goes flying. However the shake will make some lovely bubble material I suspect.
These next two pics are the pre tumble shots
View attachment 13181View attachment 13182View attachment 13186
Some post tumble bud picsView attachment 13183View attachment 13184
View attachment 13188
The tumbler in actionView attachment 13185
The Catch tub after About 1.5lbView attachment 13187
Fuck ide call that done. 😂😂
I reckon if ya put a lot less bud in it would do a better job.

Top Bottom