Tumble trimmers

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Hi crew I'm thinking about building a toms tumble trimmer. Has anyone on here used one? It's for dry trimming and they seem pretty effective. The price tag is fairly high for a very simple bit of kit. I found this diy link if anyone is interested. I will post my build up here

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I'm just about over trimming, really am considering a tumble trimmer but most of the time i just hang it up and when I go to smoke it thats when I decide to 'trim' lol

Sugar

Baked
User ID
I've some mates across the pond use bowl trimmers.
Biggest issue they have is it's pretty rough on the trimming and the little sticks are still in the bud and knocks them about a bit.
But when trimming a lot it really helps and some say it sits unused in the shed lol

krazykatz69

Blooming
User ID
I've some mates across the pond use bowl trimmers.
Biggest issue they have is it's pretty rough on the trimming and the little sticks are still in the bud and knocks them about a bit.
But when trimming a lot it really helps and some say it sits unused in the shed lol
I was thinking about buying a bowl trimmer but have been warned off against them as apparently you lose quite a bit of bud. Would really like to find a good solution as I absolutely hate trimming!! I have been told to get a quality set of trimming scissors - any recommendations guys?

Sugar

Baked
User ID
I was thinking about buying a bowl trimmer but have been warned off against them as apparently you lose quite a bit of bud. Would really like to find a good solution as I absolutely hate trimming!! I have been told to get a quality set of trimming scissors - any recommendations guys?

I was going to buy one and actually did on ebay earlier this year then the seller realised he hadn't worked out the postage from the UK and he pulled out of the sale.

I'm still thinking of getting one and just seen this one 19" bowl for sale here free postage:

As far as trimming scissors go, I use Fiskars - easier on the wrists and hands and gets into the bud to cut out the sticks.

Might need to have supply of springs to replace every now and then, not that I have had to but others have.

fiskars.jpg

Others also use disposable type ones like this:
IMG_10922.JPG

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
BBQ grill, old drill motor, and weed eater nylon does me well

good luck
Ya reckon ya could do this with a house hold fan??
Only problem would be it would be blowing the chopped off bits back at ya.

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
There a fucking joke IMO

Get a K1W1, there cheap and work all day
Never met a cheap kiwi they are all in the mines and out in the desert chasing the mining/construction dollars.
Have you used a toms tumble trimmer before Pedro? I have not but have heard positive feedback, to the tune of pounds being 85-90percent clean within five minutes of tumbling. A quick finish by hand sounds good to me.
Trimming sucks, I'm still making a tumbler and will run some big ones through it and report back

smileysmoke

Blooming
User ID
There are a Japanese scissor that are coated to prevent sticking but apparently it still inevitability happens. 70 bucks can't remember the brand just now

Top Bottom