The Hash Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member DC01
  • Start date

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
so a dumb question I have a heap of kief wrapped in grease proof paper in jars.
some of it 5 years old. colour on some is very light others are dark. so to make it hash its just heat and pressure ?
Hey Fred,
To turn the kief into a block, yea, heat and pressure, but it really can depend on how clean your kief is.
Here's a list of screen sizes that may help with cleaning:-
Micron Sizes for screens
220 micron - Large bulky leaf and ice - Usually waste material, but can still be used for cooking, depending on your skills.
190 micron - Mostly plant matter contaminate such as capitate stalks and cystolith hairs, but still some trichomes.
160 micron - Larger essential oil gland heads that are best for vaporising or cooking with.
120 micron - The first truly consumable product from the bags, the larger bulbous gland heads produce a fine profile every time.
90 micron - Separates out the bigger gland heads from the 73 micron bag, giving more unique profiles and flavours
73 micron - The money bag - gold coloured for a reason - this bag always traps the nicest glands in the batch, extremely pure.
45 micron - Very high in terpenes and terpenoids.
25 micron - The smallest gland heads in the batch, often very strong flavour, smell and taste, this bag is the last but certainly not the least.

There's a few ways to make a block. Here's a couple:
The olde skool method uses the cellophane from a ciggy packet. You put your kief in the cellophane and wrap it in wet paper towel, placing it in the oven. The wet paper towel prevents the cellophane from melting. Pull it out of the oven and roll it with a rolling pin. Here's one rolled out, next to a $2 coin
Hash $2.jpg
It's a bit of a process and a bit of pissin around, but it does work.

I then went out and bought me a screw press to make blocks making it all a bit easier. Using a hair dryer as the heat source. Heat, then tighten, heat then tighten... https://www.fruugoaustralia.com/mak...0IArjjSFvYxu9Fj_skxp09uay-32KO1gaArgpEALw_wcB

And here's what comes out of the press
Hash 7811 (1).JPG

So, that's what I do. There are other methods but this works well for me.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
Top Bottom