Temp & Humidity

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Tunkers

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Finally got my root temp back to 19° fuck if I let it go any longer cunts could’ve died roots looked like they were turning brown 🤬
Close one. Your plants are growing fine atm I wouldn't change anything unless it's to fix a problem haha

Tunkers

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Look mate he lives by the charts!!! If the charts say shit in ya res at week 4 he's gona shit in the res at week 4!!
Never fuck with the charts cunt!! 🤣
I'm too lazy to even think about vpd

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
For the mid-late flowering band, does it matter if I can't reach it and just stay in the healthy transpiration band for most of flower? I reckon I'm maxing around 1.2, but probably sit between 0.9-1.2 throughout the day. Probably hitting higher numbers in the arvo on a warmer day though (lights run 0600-1800), so that's probably a bit better

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
For the mid-late flowering band, does it matter if I can't reach it and just stay in the healthy transpiration band for most of flower? I reckon I'm maxing around 1.2, but probably sit between 0.9-1.2 throughout the day. Probably hitting higher numbers in the arvo on a warmer day though (lights run 0600-1800), so that's probably a bit better
Wtf are you talking about??

nugget

Blooming
User ID
You're relying too much on the chart just grow the cunt 😂👍

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
i'm not much of a chart follower myself but control over an indoor grow environment only producers benefits
no downsides to having better control of your environment

if your going to use VPD then you need an infrared thermometer to measure leaf surface temps & adjust humidity
from those temps not ambient room temps

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
You're relying too much on the chart just grow the cunt 😂👍
Haha yeah well I'm not able to do much about it, so it's gonna have to do. I'm not trying to follow a chart, but given it was there as reference, that was my assessment. I do like being able to monitor things and quantify with numbers and data - but also garden mostly by feel anyhow so can live with that

max351

Germinating
User ID
Was looking for someone with experience to give me "exact" figures.
day & night temps/humidity for flower and veg.
I am sure experienced growers would use the same values year in year out.
what are they ?
new to the indoor game.
thanks
Max

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
what are they ?
new to the indoor game.
thanks
Max

imho max unless you have total control of your grow space you'll never get to the so called perfect numbers
you have to work with your local environment , as the weather changes outdoors so will your indoor grow space
so it's going to be a constant variable , if your in a shed = no heating/cooling Vs in a bedroom with heating/cooling

as a rough rule of thumb indoors i would try to keep the temps under 25c but that has nothing to do with perfect
plant conditions & everything to do with pests , the higher the temps are the better pests breed & can get out of hand quicker
once lights go out temps come down , if you can keep lights out temps "around" 20c your doing well

as far as humidity go's , if you want to stick to good VPD then you'll need a infrared thermometer to take leaf surface
temps then use a humidifier / dehumidifier to adjust your room humidity for good VPD numbers , temp + humidity = good/bad VPD
VPD is like plant plumbing , getting the moisture in the medium into the plant & out through the leaves gives you optimum plant growth
which generally means higher humidity numbers than what you might think , this scares many growers cos once your towards the end
of the flower cycle high humidity numbers are associated with bud rot / mould , anyway humidity & mould is a whole other conversation
if you forget about VPD numbers , as another rough rule of thumb , keeping humidity between 40 & 60% will generally do well for you
closer to 60% at the start of vegging through to closer to 40% by the end of flowering , it's going to be all relative to where you live though

you'll have to work with what you got , get used to looking at the plants , assuming your watering / nutrients & lighting is on point
then if the plant looks sad , like droopy leaves for instance , you might need more or less humidity Vs plant leave pointing up towards
the light , means temp/humidity is prob on point

there is no exact numbers only exact numbers for you today , growing indoors in summer which will be different again growing indoors in winter

vostok

Blooming
User ID
iu

iu

post a pic

Vapour-pressure deficit is a good read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vapour-pressure_deficit

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
VPD is a guide. Don't get too hung up on it. Weed grows in a wide variety of conditions. It only becomes important (,ish) in last half of flowering to avoid bud rot or severe foxtailing. Yesterday my veg tent was running at 34%C and 84%rh. Plants are healthy, praying and growing normally. Don't try and fight your VPD environment unless your plants have issues, AND you have lots of money(gadgets. electricity, and large energy bills).

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
what are they ?
new to the indoor game.
thanks
Max
Mate experienced growers don't bother with any of this shit because like old fox said this plant is a weed. All these charts and numbers are just a waste of time!!

Top Bottom