Temp & Humidity

max351

Germinating
User ID
Can anyone tell me the exact Temp & humidity levels for veg stage (day & night) ?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Vpd charts found here for clone/veg/flower

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Red Eye is running his heat and humidity very low for veg, which slows down growth. Plants veg much faster in 36% and rh80. Those lower parameters are better from a few weeks after flowering starts, to avoid foxtails and late flower budrot. I specifically don't run a dedicated extraction fan in either of my veg tents. Just a fixed fan pointing up towards a roof opening to maximise heat( and humidity) when it's not full summer. Weed absolutely thrives for weeks on end outdoors in 40%+ summer days, as long as roots have water. Thats why vpd charts have a wide range.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Red Eye is running his heat and humidity very low for veg, which slows down growth. Plants veg much faster in 36% and rh80. Those lower parameters are better from a few weeks after flowering starts, to avoid foxtails and late flower budrot. I specifically don't run a dedicated extraction fan in either of my veg tents. Just a fixed fan pointing up towards a roof opening to maximise heat( and humidity) when it's not full summer. Weed absolutely thrives for weeks on end outdoors in 40%+ summer days, as long as roots have water. Thats why vpd charts have a wide range.
As long as I’m hitting the VPD target I should be right yeah? My tent is normally at 27° 62% humidity which gives me 1.2 VPD

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
As long as I’m hitting the VPD target I should be right yeah? My tent is normally at 27° 62% humidity which gives me 1.2 VPD
It will work, but if you set your temp/RH higher, the veg growth rate will explode in comparison Try it for a week and see how much faster they grow. Reduce it down again about 2 weeks after flip to 12/12.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
It will work, but if you set your temp/RH higher, the veg growth rate will explode in comparison Try it for a week and see how much faster they grow. Reduce it down again about 2 weeks after flip to 12/12.
okay I just set it to 36° and 76 humidity I’ll let you know how it goes

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Okay so the tent has finally reached the temperatures well close to it it’s 33° and 72 humidity but the problem I’m having now is my water chiller can’t keep up so my water temps at 23° instead of 18 I’m in the process now of freezing a bottle of water to chuck in the reservoir

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Yeah, nah. Gotta keep roots cool as priority. I thought you were running a water chiller? Dial the ambient temp and RH back down if that's the case. Proper water temperature at rootzone is more important. You may need a water chiller, regardless, heading into summer weather in Aus

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Yeah, nah. Gotta keep roots cool as priority. I thought you were running a water chiller? Dial the ambient temp and RH back down if that's the case. Proper water temperature at rootzone is more important. You may need a water chiller, regardless, heading into summer weather in Aus
I do have a water chiller teco hy150

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Doing this is going to cause you more problems than you can handle

Set your day time temps 26 to 28 , night time 18

Forget atifically trying to raise humidity, you don't even know how your space works yet

Learn to deal with what you got , the smaller the space the harder it is to maintain constant environment let alone using humidifier etc to alter it

Its about consistency and knowing your grow space

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Doing this is going to cause you more problems than you can handle

Set your day time temps 26 to 28 , night time 18

Forget atifically trying to raise humidity, you don't even know how your space works yet

Learn to deal with what you got , the smaller the space the harder it is to maintain constant environment let alone using humidifier etc to alter it

Its about consistency and knowing your grow space
I did have it consistently at 27° and 62 humidity which was perfect then the old fox said it’s better to raise it and have it hotter and more humid so I tried it but that has made the water temperature too high so I’ve gone back down to 27 and 62 and without the humidifier I struggle to keep the humidity at a constant 62%

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I did have it consistently at 27° and 62 humidity which was perfect then the old fox said it’s better to raise it and have it hotter and more humid so I tried it but that has made the water temperature too high so I’ve gone back down to 27 and 62
That's the problem with roots in water. You have to make sure they are your number 1 priority.
You'll just have to be satisfied with the growth rate.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Finally got my root temp back to 19° fuck if I let it go any longer cunts could’ve died roots looked like they were turning brown 🤬

max351

Germinating
User ID
Going into flowering stage shortly, should my VPD target be higher than veg stage.
Like 1.4 ?

Top Bottom