Strains for outdoor tropical growing.

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
Hi guys..I didnt have a lot of luck with my first try of a couple of varieties a month or so back..between my own failings , some not sprouting well and being cold and wet ..the first to show sex turned out hermie and now I have one Sour diesel left that only has female flowers on it..so I guess thats something..

I do want to try again and hopefully even get some seeds for growing next year as well..The season has warmed up and now we have some sunshine and humidty...

Does anyone have any ideas of which of the following Landrace sativas from Exotic alchemy at Baked beans may do the best in a very hot humid wet climate....?I also might try Mauie wauie from mediseedman

Mango Biche, Colombian Gold, Malawi Gold, Panama Red Death x Nevilles Haze, Hawaiian Sative, Nevilles Haze, Third World, Chocolate Thai, Mango Haze, Lambsbread, Pure Nigerian, Old timers Haze..

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Some local sativa gear that used comes out of Bloomfield region back in the 70's 'n 80's had a good reputation. Maybe keep your ear out for some better local knowledge of what the go is up there now, you might hit onto something real good.

Long time dream of mine to get up on some Tablelands or a few spots along the Great Dividing Range 'n have a crack at some choice sativa's one day. I'd be content on seeing my time out like that. (y)

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
No worries Sticky, I ordered some Columbian Gold from that selection ...I'd like to have a crack at some of the Haze types as well but at $200 per strain I'll see how these go first...

Hi Indy...Thats all I need really ..just some old school sativa that is known to handle my climate....though folks are pretty tight lipped about growing around my area and probably for good reason....seems to be some yearly raids around the place and some poor bugga's end up facing charges for just a couple of plants, even sometimes just some seeds or a bong or a tiny amount of buds....having spent my early 20's in the Northern Rivers area of NSW I find that the cops up here are pretty savage in comparison.....I feel better about keeping my growing habits to myself locally.

Last edited:

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
No worries Sticky, I ordered some Columbian Gold from that selection ...I'd like to have a crack at some of the Haze types as well but at $200 per strain I'll see how these go first...

Hi Indy...Thats all I need really ..just some old school sativa that is known to handle my climate....though folks are pretty tight lipped about growing around my area and probably for good reason....seems to be some yearly raids around the place and some poor bugga's end up facing charges for just a couple of plants, even sometimes just some seeds or a bong or a tiny amount of buds....having spent my early 20's in the Northern Rivers area of NSW I find that the cops up here are pretty savage in comparison.....I feel better about keeping my growing habits to myself locally.
@QLD guy the only thing about sativas mate is that they can get pretty tall so keep that in mind also when it comes to where you put your plants.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Some good landrace seeds here

Gets to Oz, no worries...

Might find something close to FNQ weather..

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
If u can Try and make seeds so u dont have to pay for that strain again.
It could be a cracker.👍
Hi mate..yeah it does look like the exotic alchemy CG is a genuine sativa and i got 12 out of 12 on germination and 6 boys /6 girls so i have already pollinated a few flowers on a female I kept in a pot and stressed to flower to make seed at about 1 meter tall..the other girls are now planted in the ground and starting to power along..with the CG pollen I also pollinated some Mediseed Maui wowie fems which turned out 2 started flowering at about 5-6 weeks and 2 just now at about 7-8 weeks....seems they might have auto blood in them which is not what I am after and I am a bit annoyed about but at least the missus will have some buds to smoke before too long as they will likely mature before the full on wet season arrives...I guess those seeds will have some real variability and it makes me wary of Mediseeds provenance for the rest of their seeds.....

The missus is just smoking the Columbian Gold male leaf and tip and said it gets her more stoned then the ak47 auto buds she was smoking previously..

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
Some good landrace seeds here

Gets to Oz, no worries...

Might find something close to FNQ weather..
Looks great thanks..
Sorry I thought he was using feminized seeds and regular seeds
I still dont get your point..?

Pixie

Baked
User ID
I don't understand why you bought Feminized seeds from Mediseedman and now you are going to put regular pollin over them. You can reverse the feminized seeds and get more Feminized seeds. That's all I was saying. If you wanted to use regular seeds from the start and get seeds you probably would have paid less for your seeds but by putting regular pollin over feminized seeds you lose that trait. Up to you I do understand the concept of seeds but not sure why you bought Feminized seeds to start with. You said CG regular seeds so why cross that with Mediseedman feminized seeds? . None of my business but sounds a bit strange. You could have got twice as many seeds if you didn't want feminized ones. ✌️

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
I don't understand why you bought Feminized seeds from Mediseedman and now you are going to put regular pollin over them. You can reverse the feminized seeds and get more Feminized seeds. That's all I was saying. If you wanted to use regular seeds from the start and get seeds you probably would have paid less for your seeds but by putting regular pollin over feminized seeds you lose that trait. Up to you I do understand the concept of seeds but not sure why you bought Feminized seeds to start with. You said CG regular seeds so why cross that with Mediseedman feminized seeds? . None of my business but sounds a bit strange. You could have got twice as many seeds if you didn't want feminized ones. ✌️
The Fem Medi seed Maui wowie are already well into flower which happened unexpectantly early as they were not advertised as autos...I thought to reverse them you needed to spray at the start of the flowering cycle so that by the time the male flowers grew and started pollinating you would have time for fertilization to occur and then a month or so more to mature the seed....?

BTW I would have prefered to grow Maui wowie regulars and had some males to pollinate with but I just could find any for sale...You say I could have got regular maui wowie seeds for sale for less...Can you tell me where..?

Anyway at the moment I have some columbian gold males which have pollen and a couple of strains of females in flower so why not take advantage of that situation to create some seeds...?...and hopefully using a tropical landrace sativa's pollen may create offspring which can better handle a tropical monsoonal climate as well as probably produce some variation in the maui wowie crosses which may produce some plants with a shorter growing and flowering period... ...I can see the appeal for indoor growers to use Fem seeds but its means little to me other then doing it for interests sake or to keep a strain pure......anyway propogating, growing and observing the plants is really my great love so a few surprises in the mix will keep things interesting.....

I'd love to have some more different sativa's to play around with but the cost and availability is a factor and as has happened already sometimes what these vendors are actually selling is not whats actually advertised..over time I may be able to swap some seeds with other interested growers as well..

Pixie

Baked
User ID
I can understand your situation QLD guy and I'm not having a crack at you or anything. Maybe someone on the forum might be able to help you with other sativa beans. I prefer Indica crosses . Hope you can get something for your troubles 🙂

Top Bottom