Spider Farmer AKA MARS Hydro AKA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN CHINESE SHITE!!!!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Yeah I'm not buying their crap again. I picked up a SF1000 just to run some veg plants and above 80% the driver sounds angry. I don't trust it and will rewire at some point - probably should sooner rather than later. Good prompt.

My old SF2000's had Meanwell drivers and run fine. Quality definitely slipped.

Edit: just found that the SF driver is Sosen brand VH series driver. SS-100VH-56B in my case. Going to replace it with a Meanwell XLG-100-H-AB I think

Last edited:

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Those connectors are total shit, tried to solder some cable into them once and it melted the contacts off the plastic before the solder melted.
Best thing would be to chop those clean off the cable and hook up the positive and negatives to wago connectors, might not look as nice but at least it's safe
That’d be because those type of connections require a crimp fitting not a solder joint.

The issue with the one in the reddit post is probably that the barrels and pins where poorly fitted (because china spec) and therefore created some resistance and therefore heat which melts the plug

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
That’d be because those type of connections require a crimp fitting not a solder joint.

The issue with the one in the reddit post is probably that the barrels and pins where poorly fitted (because china spec) and therefore created some resistance and therefore heat which melts the plug
Guess it depends on the connector, I was using these ones but still the same principal I guess
Screenshot_20240329-214028.png

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Guess it depends on the connector, I was using these ones but still the same principal I guess
View attachment 46479
While those connections can be soldered they aren’t meant to be. They’re meant to be crimped. Soldering creates a wear point as the connection doesn’t flex properly unlike a crimped fitting.

Also if you melted the plug it means you weren’t using enough/any flux and too much heat

Top Bottom