SPam messages by braswyn629 dont click.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
often if you try and ring them back the number does not exist.. not sure how they do that.
I got suss of it about year or so ago, and done a bit of googling and found there's something like a phone number generator that used .

If a unknown number rings me, I simply don't speak until I hear something from the other end. The cunts usually hang up everytime

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
User ID
I got suss of it about year or so ago, and done a bit of googling and found there's something like a phone number generator that used .

If a unknown number rings me, I simply don't speak until I hear something from the other end. The cunts usually hang up everytime
That's because they use an automated system that waits a few seconds to scan for voicemail, etc. If no voicemail then connect, else hang up and try another number automatically.

By staying silent in the first 5 seconds, you're making it think they're getting another system. Kill call, try another.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
That's because they use an automated system that waits a few seconds to scan for voicemail, etc. If no voicemail then connect, else hang up and try another number automatically.

By staying silent in the first 5 seconds, you're making it think they're getting another system. Kill call, try another.

Yeah, sounds about right. The connection doesn't stay active much longer than 5 seconds, and to best of my knowledge I've never had the same number ring me back. Which makes me think, maybe they're logging my action as a do not redial number? Be nice if it did, but I guess they might try with another generated/VPN-type phone number.

Fortunately not that big of deal here, as I've wouldn't have had half a dozen of those type of calls in 2-3 years.

Mod

Administrator
Staff member
User ID
2 types of security are involved for new user registration:
1. Google recaptcha v3 (invisible)
2. A 10 second countdown timer before the 'Register' button is available

It's nearly impossible for a bot to register an account.

Updated measure:
All new members will not be able to send private messages until they have made 5 posts.
This will include existing members that have not made 5 posts.

There is a fair bit of control over what we can limit depending on the interactions members have had with the forum.
Any cool ideas, speak up.

Top Bottom