Smart Meters, Are my growing days with lights over ?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

SAW

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
None of this is personal possum, all just opinions.
So I look up Triple O Tech, and there’s nothing newer than 6.5 years ago on my net search, maybe that was a press release.
Info on refusing one in pic.
The amount of people gardening indoors is huge. I can’t see law agencies being able to use usage data to instigate investigations, it would be as successful as dogs at a festival.
Paranoia and growing are mutually inclusive. I’m often ready to pull them all out after a nice hit on psychedelic sativa. Part of the territory.
Imagine if police intelligence (oxymoron) could access hydro shop sales, smart meter data and Border Forces’ seizure records, the whole country would grind to a halt.
In the end we make choices, evaluate the risks, and make a decision.58ACC326-01CC-43F4-AA55-C036CD500389.png

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Hey, fellas. Well we seem to have quite a number of differing opinions on what a Smart Meter can and cannot do. With any sort of luck we might actually come to some sort of agreement here...........Question. How do Smart Meters know what appliances you are using ?......Answer. ...The device uses "Triple Ohm Technology..It can be /is imbedded in the Meter, and works by monitoring changes in the high frequency current or Voltage Harmonics caused when specific appliances are being used within a building, and doesn`t require any additional switches or add-ons. It can differentiate between the characteristic traces of specific appliance types using an Algorithm, and display the results in real time.....Feel free to do some research. Also, I don`t know how to do Links. Hey Porky, what is a DC.............Possum.
A quick google of "Triple Ohm Technology" and can't see anything convincing. Just a few broad claims from 2017.

If what you say were correct, then wouldn't every single electronic device need to be tested to determine it's magical cosmic resonance in order for a third party to analyse? I can't imagine with all the shit coming out of PRC, that someone is testing and checking, indexing and comparing in order to determine such signatures. It just doesn't stand to reason that a third party could make any assessment of electronic devices being used base don such non-specific attributes.

I'm sure with IoT tech, eventually what you claim might be true, but for the moment suggest the grid we have in Australia in particular is pretty sub-par and low tech.

possum

Germinating
User ID
G`Day SAW, Yes i understand what you are saying, I suppose all i was looking for was an understanding of what is really going on out in the real world. was anybody having problems with Smart Meters, Re : growing under lights. etc. So i could evaluate those risks and make a decision.....Nothing taken personally SAW. Thankyou....Possum.

possum

Germinating
User ID
G`Day ED-209, To answer your Question , I don`t know. We can only hope that the Australian Power Grid is as sub par and low tech as you claim. ( i think ) I also heard that THEY are currently working on an Interface with AI, and Smart Meters, Why would THEY do something like that ? ...............Possum.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
G`Day ED-209, To answer your Question , I don`t know. We can only hope that the Australian Power Grid is as sub par and low tech as you claim. ( i think ) I also heard that THEY are currently working on an Interface with AI, and Smart Meters, Why would THEY do something like that ? ...............Possum.
So they can cut jobs and make even more profit the smart meters will eventually make meter readers redundant a d AI will take the jobs of the people emailing you your bill

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
So they can cut jobs and make even more profit the smart meters will eventually make meter readers redundant a d AI will take the jobs of the people emailing you your bill
Yeah this will be the answer. Power companies are chasing profit, that's why these things happen - to increase profits (er, efficiency). There is no policy that I am aware of that would instruct power companies to do this on behalf of law enforcement. That would be clear in either state or federal legislature surely if it were to be occurring. I am of course dubious on law enforcement and their transparency - I just wouldn't think they would have the reason, authority or resources to go about it otherwise.

I don't doubt that the cops would love to have this ability, but at a population wide level don't see it any time soon.

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hey Porky, I nearly forgot, Wash your Mouth out with soap ! Really, the things they teach kids these days. ........Possum.
Mate, the cops have higher priorities than spending an any time snooping out otherwise law abiding peeps doing indoor grows.

The cops will bust you if you fuck up, or someone dobs on you or if you put it up in lights that you are growing.

Next thing you'll be saying cops - who can't already handle youth crime, bikies, organised crime, domestic violence, murders, etc. are going to be driving around everywhere and pointing heat seeking radar devices at every house and shed to identify and then prosecute growers.

Sun Ra straw hat.jpeg

R3za92

Baked
User ID
It’s also because smart meters can’t be tampered with and are bi directional (older meters can’t measure load back to the grid) so can measure what is put back into the system so different rates can be charged, not all of them can be read wirelessly so some still need meter readers like those in cellular black spots (about to be more of a problem as 3G network shuts down).

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Hey, fellas. Well we seem to have quite a number of differing opinions on what a Smart Meter can and cannot do. With any sort of luck we might actually come to some sort of agreement here...........Question. How do Smart Meters know what appliances you are using ?......Answer. ...The device uses "Triple Ohm Technology..It can be /is imbedded in the Meter, and works by monitoring changes in the high frequency current or Voltage Harmonics caused when specific appliances are being used within a building, and doesn`t require any additional switches or add-ons. It can differentiate between the characteristic traces of specific appliance types using an Algorithm, and display the results in real time.....Feel free to do some research. Also, I don`t know how to do Links. Hey Porky, what is a DC.............Possum.
Bullshit!! If it could do that it would be here!

DC means Dumb Cunt!!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Sad but true!! 😒

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Fuck who have you "heard" this garbage from? Because they are even more cooked then you! 🤪

possum

Germinating
User ID
Hey Porky, Thankyou for your well thought out and expressed opinions, and Thankyou to everybody else for your input, it`s much appreciated. I have made a decision.......What does cooked mean ? ..........Possum.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Hey Porky, Thankyou for your well thought out and expressed opinions, and Thankyou to everybody else for your input, it`s much appreciated. I have made a decision.......What does cooked mean ? ..........Possum.
You came here with your mind already made up that you could be tracked through a smart meter but framed is as though you wanted others opinions. You got opinions contrary to your preconceived beliefs about smart meters and then tried to argue that our opinions were wrong!
Hence the DC remark! 🤣
Seen it many times with many different topics.

Top Bottom