Sir Mix Alot

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
I mix a crap load of nutrients.

Well it definitely feels like it since I'm constantly doing it and I'll tell you why.

Due to the waymy system is set up when I fill the rezi a large portion runs through the lines and begins filling the bottom of the pots so the capacity essentially doubles or perhaps even triples, that's beside the point, if I fill the rezi with fresh water first until it reaches the 80 litre mark (keep in mind what's also in the pots and lines) and then add nutes I can't account for the extra water in the rest of the system, only the 80 litres in the rezi so what happens is when the nutrient solution gets fed to plants and drains through, what comes back into the rezi is the fresh zero EC water which was in the lines from filling the rezi.

So what I do I fill my what feels like a very small 30 litre bucket with fresh water from my water tank, chuck a water pump in to do the mixing coz I'm a lazy prick, chick in silica which most of you synthetic chaps would know and if you don't you should, the silica goes in first since it has nil effect on the EC and also takes the most time to dilute and should be mixed for an hour if possible by itself in the water.
Then I chuck in calmag, check EC, chuck in part A base nutes, wait 15 minutes, chuck in part B base, check EC and then there's the micro is it or macro or those supplemental ingredients like rooter boosters n Amino acids and pk boosters and everything else that's available.

Shit I'm outa breath.

So that's 30 litres done... Only another 120 more to go ffs.

Any better ideas??

Bigger bucket maybe 🤔

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pixie

Baked
User ID

Well it definitely feels like it since I'm constantly doing it and I'll tell you why.

Due to the waymy system is set up when I fill the rezi a large portion runs through the lines and begins filling the bottom of the pots so the capacity essentially doubles or perhaps even triples, that's beside the point, if I fill the rezi with fresh water first until it reaches the 80 litre mark (keep in mind what's also in the pots and lines) and then add nutes I can't account for the extra water in the rest of the system, only the 80 litres in the rezi so what happens is when the nutrient solution gets fed to plants and drains through, what comes back into the rezi is the fresh zero EC water which was in the lines from filling the rezi.

So what I do I fill my what feels like a very small 30 litre bucket with fresh water from my water tank, chuck a water pump in to do the mixing coz I'm a lazy prick, chick in silica which most of you synthetic chaps would know and if you don't you should, the silica goes in first since it has nil effect on the EC and also takes the most time to dilute and should be mixed for an hour if possible by itself in the water.
Then I chuck in calmag, check EC, chuck in part A base nutes, wait 15 minutes, chuck in part B base, check EC and then there's the micro is it or macro or those supplemental ingredients like rooter boosters n Amino acids and pk boosters and everything else that's available.

Shit I'm outa breath.

Any better ideas??

Bigger bucket maybe 🤔
Grow outdoors mate you don't have to do any of that shit 🤣

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID

Shit I'm outa breath.

Any better ideas??

Bigger bucket maybe 🤔
You can get an automated nute doser 😁, I've seen good reviews online, people using cheapo ones off eBay pretty much just hook the nutes upto it and it will dose it for you (A and B, CalMag, pH down etc). It's more of a large scale thing to do but would be good for a lazy grower too hehe 😎

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
You can get an automated nute doser 😁, I've seen good reviews online, people using cheapo ones off eBay pretty much just hook the nutes upto it and it will dose it for you (A and B, CalMag, pH down etc). It's more of a large scale thing to do but would be good for a lazy grower too hehe 😎
Cheers mate that's worth looking into

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
That was a great article cheers mate
No worries, the reviews on eBay's/Amazon cheap jebao brand go on to say they run well for hydro res's (even though they are listed as aquarium dosers). Lots of Americans show their setups on YouTube which is pretty interesting to have a squiz at for ideas. Goodluck with it 😃

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Just use a bigger res? I went up to around 200L last my grow a week and a half easily.

I go potassium silicate

then lower PH with Mono potassium Phosphate

then potassium sulfate + micros

then calcium nitrate.

Add rest of water until i hit my desired EC level.

Ezpz 15 mins every week and a half 2 weeks.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Oh just re read your post seems a lot more complicated setup than mine. But a bigger res is ideal, if your in coco switch to DTW and make it all easier on yourself.

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Can you put a shutoff valve after the res, but before the pot lines? If yes, when the plants have drunk the res dry, close valve, add 80L freshwater + 80L worth of nutrients, mix her up, and then reopen shutoff valve. If this works, you could even use a pump + return line before the shutoff valve to mix the whole mess....

Top Bottom