Safe way of getting seeds?

Greenfiend

Germinating
User ID
Anybody know a safe way of acquiring seeds? Obviously having a mate that doesn't care about letting you use his mail box is handy but if not?....
I've heard about PO boxes being used. Is this possible? Any other ideas?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

ozzy420

Germinating
User ID
ID is needed to open a PO Box, a po box can be watched even if in a mates name not saying it will be watched but customs are getting better all the time at picking up stuff if coming from over seas best time to do is at xmas time.

If you can find in AU it will make 100% more easy...

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
Yep, try to buy in Oz. Customs are constantly looking for quarantine breaches. They don't care about the legality of the seeds - they care about biosecurity. Dunno what technology they use other than dogs but they are pretty good at intercepting illegally imported plant matter. All said and done that's a good thing, unless you are waiting for a seed delivery.

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
Yep, try to buy in Oz. Customs are constantly looking for quarantine breaches. They don't care about the legality of the seeds - they care about biosecurity. Dunno what technology they use other than dogs but they are pretty good at intercepting illegally imported plant matter. All said and done that's a good thing, unless you are waiting for a seed delivery.
I agree,but they are still cunts.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Customs may only care about the biosecurity side of it. But they've got no qualms of passing the info onto the local constabulary either.

F

freddie

Here's the technology they could be using, however they can't scan everything. Last seeds I got came from Canada earlier this year, no dramas.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Here's the technology they could be using, however they can't scan everything. Last seeds I got came from Canada earlier this year, no dramas.
Yep 2 at Melbourne and 2 at Sydney with more on the way. They’re also starting to implement ai into the scanners and plan to be screening all international mail within 3 years

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I don’t know how many hundred plants I’ve grown over the years on forums but I think it’s only twice that I came across hermies ,,and they showed late in flower and didn’t cause any problem .
Apart from a few seeds.

I have not grown many regular strains but have found hermies on atleast one of them ,,
So I have seen different from you,,,
and it has me bewildered how you ended up with such a high percentage, that I wonder what was wrong in your environment to stress them into going hermie.

7eastgenetics

Forum Sponsor
Community Member
User ID
I don’t know how many hundred plants I’ve grown over the years on forums but I think it’s only twice that I came across hermies ,,and they showed late in flower and didn’t cause any problem .
Apart from a few seeds.

I have not grown many regular strains but have found hermies on atleast one of them ,,
So I have seen different from you,,,
and it has me bewildered how you ended up with such a high percentage, that I wonder what was wrong in your environment to stress them into going hermie.

That's exactly what we do. We stress test them.

Top Bottom