Rosin Press

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Good info.
What size bags are you using ? and what amounts ? And what size are your plates ?
Thanks.

Off the top of my head, I think my plates are 3x5" and my bags are 2x4". I found bags smaller than the plates seemed to work better. I just shove the broken up buds in and gently pack them, I don't weight the flower. My pressing is only for personal use, so I don't keep detailed records.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
How is the high and terps like compared to flower ?
I have only pressed flower so far, i want to get the technique right before hash presses,
the taste is something else! i love the taste of hash , but this is next level...Cant believe i havnt gone down this road before, will never go back to burning plant material ever again thats for sure...

easy to overdo it but as a lil dab would be like smoking 7g of flower all at once :D

Did you use the bottle tech on your second run ? And if you did, how did you stop the blowout ?
yeah used the bottle tek with 2nd run, will probley keep to this when pressing flower..
i have 6 clones of Exotic Thai/Greencrack from last run in the tent atm which i wanna get finished by late Nov before summer heat shuts me down, the whole lot will be getting hashed and pressed...watch this space...

..as for blow outs, i have had blow outs with every press ive done..total of 4 :D
i think i get over excited with the pressure to you know, get a much out of it as i can lol...

im not that much of a canna snob to worry about a couple of tiny flecks in the end product,
with time and experience iv sure the blow out will cease...

i have put the four blowin out used pucks ontop of each other to press with as much force as i could get outta it, and got pretty much no return from them, which suggests i have expelled as much as i could...will keep them anyway and put em in a jar and when i have a jar full will try for a butter extraction for edibles.

..with experience i am also confident that 20% return is achievable...

Shop around for ya press too, same presses go for wildly different prices depending which companys are sellin them..

EDIT: got one of these comin next week... https://hightechvaporizers.com.au/products/ispire-daab

Last edited:

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I have only pressed flower so far, i want to get the technique right before hash presses,
the taste is something else! i love the taste of hash , but this is next level...Cant believe i havnt gone down this road before, will never go back to burning plant material ever again thats for sure...

easy to overdo it but as a lil dab would be like smoking 7g of flower all at once :D

yeah used the bottle tek with 2nd run, will probley keep to this when pressing flower..
i have 6 clones of Exotic Thai/Greencrack from last run in the tent atm which i wanna get finished by late Nov before summer heat shuts me down, the whole lot will be getting hashed and pressed...watch this space...

..as for blow outs, i have had blow outs with every press ive done..total of 4 :D
i think i get over excited with the pressure to you know, get a much out of it as i can lol...

im not that much of a canna snob to worry about a couple of tiny flecks in the end product,
with time and experience iv sure the blow out will cease...

i have put the four blowin out used pucks ontop of each other to press with as much force as i could get outta it, and got pretty much no return from them, which suggests i have expelled as much as i could...will keep them anyway and put em in a jar and when i have a jar full will try for a butter extraction for edibles.

..with experience i am also confident that 20% return is achievable...

Shop around for ya press too, same presses go for wildly different prices depending which companys are sellin them..

EDIT: got one of these comin next week... https://hightechvaporizers.com.au/products/ispire-daab
I ended up fucking the bags off and just pre pressing the nug with the pre press mold and sticking straight into the paper and tell the truth it looks different but a mate and I packed a dab for each other behind our back and I couldn't tell you which was which but they are needed for the hash. And I noticed that the yield is way higher using hash and the smaller micron bags work better especially if it's full melt bubble

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
I ended up fucking the bags off and just pre pressing the nug with the pre press mold and sticking straight into the paper and tell the truth it looks different but a mate and I packed a dab for each other behind our back and I couldn't tell you which was which but they are needed for the hash. And I noticed that the yield is way higher using hash and the smaller micron bags work better especially if it's full melt bubble
yeah, thinkin ill try the pre press no bag-press..

if im going to be pressing most of my grows, im gonna need a cheaper way then to keep forkin out $$ on rosin bags,

......or im gonna need a bigger press....
something like this and pillowcase type bags...šŸ˜ƒ
D.jpg

got the rosin bag type press as well as the lil pollen t handle type press as well to try....

will try both...

...on my way down the rosin rabbit hole...

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
The Best! lol..

no burny throat, smooth and tasty az!

...bit of playin around with the temps to hit the sweet spot..
Oh no doubt she be tasty Iā€™ve only ever done the old hair straightener thing and that was nice enough I didnā€™t have a dab rig though so it was just a pin head on top of my cone and that was enoughšŸ‘

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Nice rig, nice rosin.
How long does a gram of rosin last versus the amount of weed you would of smoked in that time ?

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Nice rig, nice rosin.
How long does a gram of rosin last versus the amount of weed you would of smoked in that time ?
20g of flower i turned into 2.8g rosin,
everyday but not all day smoker, 2wks worth...

pressing some dry ice hash today...
387542100_3577224492499287_903091773795057694_n.jpg
387543622_6866637790062897_1824215419206380258_n.jpg
370280884_292314856904705_690495120573971577_n.jpg
387599935_176364575516745_4868619132540047568_n.jpg
387451187_197161236741259_3722762229832335901_n.jpg

Last edited:

snapper

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Dab a dab a doo.
How is the dry sift, quality and yield. Its a bit hard to see from the pics.
And how did it press compared to water hash ?

Top Bottom